Home

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions (PS3, 360)

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions (PS3, 360) within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-15-2013, 10:30 AM   #305
Some say he...

kerosene31's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions (PS3, 360)

Hitting out of the trees is nearly impossible. You can't get a good look at what's above and in front of you, and you sometimes can't even hit a mid iron punch shot out without catching a leaf that kills your shot.

I'm a "barely break 100 on a good day" golfer, but even I can hit a 5 iron punch out of the trees in real life. (I get lots of practice! )
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2013, 10:42 AM   #306
Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Designer

HANDSWARD_EA's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions (PS3, 360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete
If I do not buy the Historic copy, is there a driving range to practice on in the regular copy?
There is not a driving range in the Standard Edition of the game. However, you can go into Practice Round at any course (I always used hole 1 at St Andrews) with mulligans on and use the first tee as a driving range.

Quote:
Could someone comment on the "Strike" feature and how it works?
The Strike feature simulates where your clubface is at impact. In most situations, you will want to get it right in the center of the ball. But in some other situations (bunkers for example) you may want to alter your strike point to a lower spot to get under the ball more. The Strike Meter has 4 different settings:
1. Perfect - The strike point is defaulted to the center of the ball. You can move it where you want to and it will stay at that spot.
2. Sticky - The strike point is defaulted to the center of the meter. You can move it where you want to and it will stay at that spot.
3. Analog - The strike point is defaulted to the center of the meter. You move it by holding the analog stick in place throughout your swing.
4. Analog Fade - Analog but it fades to invisible as soon as you move it.

Quote:
I think I understand but am not sure. First, I see the Tab but how do you toggle from "Stance" to "Strike"; which button do you hit (PS3)? Any and all info is appreciated or a link where it explains it.
When you are in the aiming state of the game, you are controlling your Stance. The Stance enables you to set up different shots. You can close your stance to hit a draw and open it to hit a fade. You can move the ball forward in your stance to hit it higher, and back in your stance to hit it lower.

When you are done aiming and you go to address the ball (hit X when done aiming), you automatically switch to Strike. Strike is only effected in this state of the game.
Old 03-15-2013, 10:57 AM   #307
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerosene31
Hitting out of the trees is nearly impossible. You can't get a good look at what's above and in front of you, and you sometimes can't even hit a mid iron punch shot out without catching a leaf that kills your shot.

I'm a "barely break 100 on a good day" golfer, but even I can hit a 5 iron punch out of the trees in real life. (I get lots of practice! )
If I get stuck in the trees at Oak Hill then I immediately pull my 5 wood and let the fun begin.

Now there are some spots that are ALMOST impossible to get out of in 1 shot but if you've been there then it should keep you honest off the tee.

I used to hate those trees but now I salivate if I land there sometimes after not being patient on my tee shot.

1. NHL 14
2. Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14 Sim Mode
3. ESPN NFL 2K5 w/ Gills 2013 roster update
3. NBA 2K11 w/ mkharsh's 2012-13 rosters
5. Winning Eleven 6 FE patched **2012 transfer window*** update....kick @SS
Old 03-15-2013, 11:01 AM   #308
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerosene31

Heheheh.....love it. I'm right there with ya.

And I have only ever broken 100 on a putt-putt course.

I am really bad...but I have fun and I play for good shots more than I play for score. Once I can string together good shots, THEN I will play for score!

OS Dibs: Anna Kendrick

Elite Dangerous on One X has become my life.

Proud PS5 and Xbox Series X Owner
"Best of Both Worlds"
Old 03-15-2013, 11:16 AM   #309
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HANDSWARD_EA
There is not a driving range in the Standard Edition of the game. However, you can go into Practice Round at any course (I always used hole 1 at St Andrews) with mulligans on and use the first tee as a driving range.

The Strike feature simulates where your clubface is at impact. In most situations, you will want to get it right in the center of the ball. But in some other situations (bunkers for example) you may want to alter your strike point to a lower spot to get under the ball more. The Strike Meter has 4 different settings:
1. Perfect - The strike point is defaulted to the center of the ball. You can move it where you want to and it will stay at that spot.
2. Sticky - The strike point is defaulted to the center of the meter. You can move it where you want to and it will stay at that spot.
3. Analog - The strike point is defaulted to the center of the meter. You move it by holding the analog stick in place throughout your swing.
4. Analog Fade - Analog but it fades to invisible as soon as you move it.

When you are in the aiming state of the game, you are controlling your Stance. The Stance enables you to set up different shots. You can close your stance to hit a draw and open it to hit a fade. You can move the ball forward in your stance to hit it higher, and back in your stance to hit it lower.

When you are done aiming and you go to address the ball (hit X when done aiming), you automatically switch to Strike. Strike is only effected in this state of the game.
Thanks for the response. I appreciate it.

Great idea on the practice. Lots of room 1st hole at St. Andrews!

I will try the Strike tonight. I knew it was there but just not enough about it.
Old 03-15-2013, 11:28 AM   #310
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by chi_hawks
Just my $.02
We'll just agree to disagree. We have different visions for what a Simulation mode should be like. Having played the most challenging levels only in all TW games, I welcome the challenge of this Simulation mode as it is quite a bit more challenging than Tournament mode from '13. I am sorry you feel differently. If enough folks feel like you do, then EA will likely take notice and consider changes in TW15. At the end of the day, this is their true "simulation" effort and it will likely evolve as the game evolves.

Xbox One Elite Controller

The Golf Club 2
Old 03-15-2013, 11:31 AM   #311
Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Designer

HANDSWARD_EA's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by HANDSWARD_EA
There are plenty of changes to look forward to. I just wrote a blog about it today. Not sure how long before it hits the website. I'm hoping tomorrow but that is being optimistic. More likely early next week. But stay tuned.
UPDATE: I am told that they are working hard to get my blog posted by this afternoon. I will post a link to it as soon as I know it is up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2013, 11:53 AM   #312
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
We'll just agree to disagree. We have different visions for what a Simulation mode should be like. Having played the most challenging levels only in all TW games, I welcome the challenge of this Simulation mode as it is quite a bit more challenging than Tournament mode from '13. I am sorry you feel differently. If enough folks feel like you do, then EA will likely take notice and consider changes in TW15. At the end of the day, this is their true "simulation" effort and it will likely evolve as the game evolves.
The day EA takes away Simulation Mode is the day I walk just like I did a few years ago. When it comes to difficulty, EA ADDED and didn't subtract levels of difficulty and challenge. If peeps feel like Sim Mode is not as advertised then go back to Tour Pro. Problem solved.

1. NHL 14
2. Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14 Sim Mode
3. ESPN NFL 2K5 w/ Gills 2013 roster update
3. NBA 2K11 w/ mkharsh's 2012-13 rosters
5. Winning Eleven 6 FE patched **2012 transfer window*** update....kick @SS

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »