Home

Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread

This is a discussion on Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-14-2013, 08:10 PM   #577
Banned

vcu9's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Did we?
You're assuming a lot.
Kind of late to be saying ...."sorry" now that you've already put it out there....

M.K.
Knight165

I know that you guys spent many, many hours playing the game and giving us input is very nice of you. I meant I wish SCEA would have caught the obvious bugs in the time they had. Thanks for your time.
Old 03-14-2013, 11:31 PM   #578
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJin2011tm
Just had my 1st freeze...too bad because it was a great game. It froze in the top of the 9th in a 5-5 tie where my young C hit a 3 run HR to to tie the game in the 8th. I really hate losing my stats in a game. That's why I think all sports games should have auto save after big events like shooters do at checkpoints. Oh well it was just a ST game but still hate losing it and playing it for nothing. Guess I will save often now even if it is a hassle to save and then have to reload the game.

Loving the game otherwise though!
I had a no hitter in the eighth with one out and the game froze. I was so disgusted you have no idea. I decided to try switching TV inputs, went from game to TV and waited about 40 seconds or so. When I went back to the game, I was able to pitch!

I remember last year the same thing happened and I did the TV input switch and it worked, and that's why I tried it again. Maybe it's a sign that I need to do the rebuild data process?

Anyway, I took the no hitter into the ninth and with one out, I gave up a heartbreaking single It would have been a combined no hitter if successful. He hit a fastball low in his cold zone that he managed to pull past my third baseman. This was in spring training, a major letdown as I really wanted that trophy.
Old 03-14-2013, 11:42 PM   #579
Rookie

OVR: 0

I realise this may sound strange, but this game has become TOO realistic. In a recent game as the Giants, Pablo Sandoval actually didn't fit on my TV screen during his first at bat, then standing on third base i could see he was eating a piece of cheese which caused him to misfield a line drive. I'm all for realism, but this is going to the extreme.

Last edited by sjp2469; 03-14-2013 at 11:57 PM.
Old 03-14-2013, 11:45 PM   #580
Rookie

OVR: 7

Just know before reading, I am a big "presentation" guy..so I was really excited about MLB13 and the improved crowd, especially in the postseason.

Is anyone else finding it a little...rough around the edges maybe? Especially for regular season games. I appreciate the crowds being more excited, but you just do not hear a constant cheering crowd through every inning of a baseball game as you do in MLB13. In a real game it's mostly chatter, vendors, brief applause for intoductions and cheers and chants throughout.

What I am hearing takes me out of the game quite a bit...does not seem matched up with what is going on. I am especially annoyed with the CONSTANT whistling! Is anyone else hearing this? It does not stop for an entire 9 inning game...to the point that my gf sitting next to me thought there was something wrong with the TV. (any hints on how to diminish this, because its really hard for me to get through a game with it and now I have the commentary AND the crowd turned all the way down to play a game...perhaps an audio adjustment on the TV or something?
Old 03-15-2013, 12:11 AM   #581
#realtalk

dalger21's Arena

OVR: 7

[rant]my RttS won RotY, MVP, etc. gets hurt the last few weeks in spring. Comes back 4th game of season...naturally, he's relegated the bench and is no longer a starter. Yea, that totally makes sense....[/rant]
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2013, 08:52 AM   #582
All Star

Jasong7777's Arena

OVR: 24

First year playing this game................................and damn is this game awesome!!!
Old 03-15-2013, 09:51 AM   #583
MVP

slthree's Arena

OVR: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasong7777
First year playing this game................................and damn is this game awesome!!!
Welcome to The Show. .. pun intended
Old 03-15-2013, 11:30 AM   #584
MVP

OVR: 1

I'm loving the game like never before. Beginner Mode is for me a very significant addition. I see it as being helpful to more than just those new to the game, such as in my case, being 70 years old. The only thing I would like changed is an option to have it called Senior Mode

Last year I was trying lots of things, including lowering pitch speed to 0 and 1, but this year, I have it at default 5 and I'm doing okay!

This is the first year I've only bought one baseball game.

Keep those meatball pitches coming! Ah, spring training has been fun, but I expect things to get tougher once the regular season starts.

The other extremely significant change this year is downloading the full game. I used to have optical drive problems using the disc, got so bad I had to give up on the game, so this year I am very happy!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »