Home

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions (PS3, 360)

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions (PS3, 360) within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-14-2013, 09:55 AM   #273
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions (PS3, 360)

I have been following the thread and appreciate everyone's comments, as well as the contributions from our insider Divot and EA dev, HANDS. HANDS...it's great to have you here. We have gotten somewhat frustrated in years past that no one from EA seems to be here to listen to/address our concerns (Divot can attest to this!). Thank you for your time to be here, we really appreciate your presence.

I haven't offered up anything on the demo because I gave up on TW demos two years ago lol. I have noticed such a difference between the final and the demo that I've had night-and-day experiences, and wind up much happier with the final code.

So....while I admit and worry a little I'm not getting simulation practice in, I'm waiting patiently for my preorder and I'll sit at the bottom of CC OS Bushwood for a few weeks LOL.

Carry on, gents!

OS Dibs: Anna Kendrick

Elite Dangerous on One X has become my life.

Proud PS5 and Xbox Series X Owner
"Best of Both Worlds"
Old 03-14-2013, 12:11 PM   #274
Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Designer

HANDSWARD_EA's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions (PS3, 360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love13
This leads me to my question for hands and divot. As I stated I use the kinect, I'm not sure how much you know about kinect mechanics, but I have been playing and I've figured out how to hit straight and I can hook, pull, and draw my shot, but there is no way in the world that I can figure out how to bend the ball right (fade/slice). My question is, is it possible to hit a fade or slice because it feels like its not. If I simulate a fade or slice I get a pull hook. Any mi**** I have goes left no matter how I swing. So is it possible and if so, do you know the mechanics of how to accomplish this feet?
OK, I didn't get a solid answer cause the 3 people that know the most about this are all out of office. But I may have something that will help.

Try changing your initial hand position. You are possibly setting your hands too close to your body and then swinging back to this same point. If you move them away from your body a bit, and try to swing back to that same point, you should start to see straighter flight and maybe even some fades.
Old 03-14-2013, 12:13 PM   #275

HANDSWARD_EA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Can I change those features? I've never putted with grids and really like the disappearing icon for the strike meter. I even really like aiming from a primarily static position.
You can create any custom difficulty that you want by individually changing the gameplay settings. This really enables you to fine tune your experience so that the game plays the way you want it to.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2013, 12:15 PM   #276

HANDSWARD_EA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love13
And since I won't be playing again until tomorrow, hands if you know, can you confirm this is on the sim difficulty and if so does it show any of like the 100, 150, 200 yard markers at all?
No, the flyby doesn't show any of the yardage icons.
Old 03-14-2013, 12:18 PM   #277

HANDSWARD_EA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danimal
Are there actually functioning ball drops in the game this year? Or are we left again with the game deciding where we get to drop.
Manual user ball drops has been on the feature list the last two years (and from what I am told they always had it on the list prior to me being here) but it has fallen off near the end of feature building. It didn't completely fall off this past year, as we at least reworked the game's logic for dropping the ball. It works a lot better now and should put you in much better spots than it used to. But the interface for the user deciding where to drop it did not get done. We can only hope for the future on this one, as it has always been near the top of my list of things to improve.
Old 03-14-2013, 12:22 PM   #278
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31

I really appreciate your honesty in your replies, HANDS. Some won't like what you come back with at times, but fluffed-up contrivances are WAY worse than the facts from your end. Thanks!

OS Dibs: Anna Kendrick

Elite Dangerous on One X has become my life.

Proud PS5 and Xbox Series X Owner
"Best of Both Worlds"
Old 03-14-2013, 12:40 PM   #279
MVP

Danimal's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by HANDSWARD_EA
Manual user ball drops has been on the feature list the last two years (and from what I am told they always had it on the list prior to me being here) but it has fallen off near the end of feature building. It didn't completely fall off this past year, as we at least reworked the game's logic for dropping the ball. It works a lot better now and should put you in much better spots than it used to. But the interface for the user deciding where to drop it did not get done. We can only hope for the future on this one, as it has always been near the top of my list of things to improve.
Thanks for the answer at least the logic is reworked.

I want profess to know what the list is and I understand that my priorities are not the same as others. Ball drops are a part of the game, a fundamental part if you ask me so it is disappointing that other priorities (which are likely more marketable) are ahead of them.

This and a true 3d green for reading breaks would be my top 2 items.
Old 03-14-2013, 01:26 PM   #280
Beat the Heat!

chi_hawks's Arena

OVR: 14

It makes me wonder if they think of "Simulation" mode being like the weekend warrior, with a 28 handicap, who doesn't look at things like yardage to front/back/middle, bunker around green locations, hole layout, etc... I suppose "simulation" would make sense then. They typically want to know distance to the hole and thats all they need (they don't know much about the green until they walk up there to putt later).

I can't imagine they sat down with a decent golfer and built this simulation mode off of how they would play.

http://www.operationsports.com/chi_hawks/blog/

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »