Home

Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread

This is a discussion on Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-14-2013, 09:56 AM   #561
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcu9
We know this will happen every year. Not that we do not have a right to complain and voice our opinions, but we should not be surprised by the flaws that they ship this game with seemingly every year.
This is why I wait until the first patch before I even purchase the game. (Actually this goes for almost all games).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2013, 09:58 AM   #562
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Perhaps the time for CD has passed.
We're nothing but hype machines.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 03-14-2013, 10:00 AM   #563
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabarnes19
Are you serious? Tell me one other game that is as polished and refined as the Show? Or has the community interactions and post release support? Every game has flaws and I am sure most will be addressed. More than one person develops the game. A change in code from another area can affect someplace else that they thought was good.

No one plays this game more than Ramone.

Not to mention the guys locked in the cages, whose only job is to... play the game.

YouTube

Old 03-14-2013, 10:09 AM   #564
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Perhaps the time for CD has passed.
We're nothing but hype machines.

M.K.
Knight165
Spoiler

Last edited by nemesis04; 03-14-2013 at 11:19 AM.
Old 03-14-2013, 11:25 AM   #565
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcu9
I agree. I have fixed the K/9 problem with my edits. This game is the best sports sim ever made every year. However, if the devs really played this game they would see these problems initially and we would not have to wait for patches to play this game in a franchise mode, etc.

That is my opinion. Maybe I am wrong, but I have learned through experience that the game is hyped by CD and others and then we have these major issues that have no business being as prevalent as they are.

We know this will happen every year. Not that we do not have a right to complain and voice our opinions, but we should not be surprised by the flaws that they ship this game with seemingly every year.

You should understand that it's literally impossible to create software of this magnitude without any bugs or glitches... there are simply too many moving parts and complexities that multiple people need to work together to solve.

I never thought I (or other CD people) was actually hyping the game when I was writing my impressions, though there was really no reason to mention out in public all the issues that were worked on during the event .... after all, SCEA was still working to solve them, right... so some problems we saw at the event, we don't see in the released product. And there are issues in the product that we never saw in the event, so on and so forth....

... it is just the nature of software development.... when tens of thousands of people start playing at once, issues surface more easily. But SCEA cannot hire tens of thousands of people to test the product before the release.

For a gaming title that's expected to be rushed out every year (yes, it is always rushed out), bugs and glitches are unfortunately part of the business. If we consumers cannot or do not want to deal with it, then we should live with longer release cycle (game release every other year, for example) and/or less changes for a new game every year. I actually wish the game goes on a longer release cycle, like every other year, so that we get to play stuff with less issues and game balance more fully worked out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2013, 01:12 PM   #566
MVP

TripleCrown's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabarnes19
Tell me one other game that is as polished and refined as the Show?
Minesweeper for Windows, totally bug free !!

Old 03-14-2013, 02:25 PM   #567
MVP

OVR: 8

Playing on All Star hitting and pitching. I am in the playoffs with the Nationals and so far this is what happened:

NLDS vs Giants:
W: 3-1
w: 6-1
W: 9-7 (Walk-off Homerun from Zimmerman to win the series. Was awesome)

NLCS vs. Reds:
W: 9-8 (13 innings - more below)
W: 3-1
L: 0 -3
W: 4-3

*Game one of the NLCS was the best game I have ever played.

I took a 1-0 lead in the 1st on an RBI single or something routine like that. In the 5th, I spread the lead to 5-0 when Choo dropped a bases loaded fly ball that cleared the bases, and then an RBI single.

I was cruising until the 8th, when, with a 5-0 lead, I brought in Phil Hughes (who I acquired mid-season via trade) and promptly gave up 2 sharp singles, an infield single, and a grand slam. 5-4. Next batter was Jay Bruce who tied it up with a solo home run to make it 5-5.

Fast forward to the top of the 13th, I hit a 3-run home run with Adam Larroche, and followed it up with a 448 ft HR (my longest yet) with J.P. Arencibia (another trade-deadline move). 9-5 Nats. Game over, right? Wrong.

I absolutely spent my bullpen over the previous 4 innings and had to bring in Dan Haren to pitch the bottom half of the 13th. Well, he gave up a couple of hits immediately, and then I walked a guy to load the bases. Then Joey Votto hits a ball to dead CF and my 20-year old prospect Bill Reaves (who i called up despite him being rated a 56 and hit .321 down the stretch) robbed him of a home-run. The first time I have ever successfully done it in The Show 13. Run scores, 9-6.

Next pitch is a wild pitch and the runner on 1st moves up and the next guy singles. 9-8.

I brought in Gio Gonzalez (supposed to be my game 2 starter) to a bases-loaded, nobody out situation in the bottom of the 13th. Tying run on 3rd. Winning run on 2nd.

Pop-up. one out.

Next batter strikes out. 2 out.

Next batter grounds weakly to 2nd. Game over. 9-8 win. Exciting.

Last edited by Flaxseed Oil; 03-14-2013 at 02:27 PM.
Old 03-14-2013, 04:54 PM   #568
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

Just had my 1st freeze...too bad because it was a great game. It froze in the top of the 9th in a 5-5 tie where my young C hit a 3 run HR to to tie the game in the 8th. I really hate losing my stats in a game. That's why I think all sports games should have auto save after big events like shooters do at checkpoints. Oh well it was just a ST game but still hate losing it and playing it for nothing. Guess I will save often now even if it is a hassle to save and then have to reload the game.

Loving the game otherwise though!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »