Home

Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread

This is a discussion on Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-13-2013, 03:34 PM   #553
MVP

LastActionHero's Arena

OVR: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
Not sure what to make of the situation either, but I'm certain this is a major bug!

Spoiler
Hahaha. .
Old 03-13-2013, 04:07 PM   #554
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
Not sure what to make of the situation either, but I'm certain this is a major bug!

Spoiler
No, it is not a bug, it is an animal -
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AmericanBadger.JPG (84.3 KB, 252 views)
Old 03-13-2013, 04:39 PM   #555
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30

Ok, I'm due for another impression post, albeit short...

I am really, really impressed with the varying results and storyline of my games so far! I always managed to get a good spectrum of results in previous versions, but then I realized, I haven't even touch one slider this year! I had planned on at least bumping up pitch speed a little, but decided to just try to adjust to default... which I did.

My Houston Astros fantasy season results look like this through 10 games:

at TEX:

[W] 4-2
[L] 3-7
[W] 11-7*

vs. CIN:

[W] 5-4
[L] 0-3 (F. Garcia - 6IP, 3R, 2ER, 5BB, 0K)
[W] 6-4*
[W] 2-1

at LAA:

[L] 0-8 (Niese - 1.2IP, 7R, 9H (all in 2nd inning))
[L] 4-5*
[W] 1-0 (scored go ahead run in top 9 on an E5 on bang-bang play at 1B)

* denotes simulated game

Despite the few things people have reported, I still believe this is the best version yet AND the best baseball game EVER delivered. I don't believe in perfection, but this game is closer than anyone has ever got. And OSFM will only make its stock rise...

YouTube

Last edited by thaSLAB; 03-14-2013 at 10:06 AM. Reason: Added tenth game results
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2013, 05:32 PM   #556

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

His 479ft home run in home run derby and had over 40HR(breaking MLB record) for most HR in an entire HRD. Came so close to breaking record for most HR in single round too!

On all star hitting too(default sliders)
Old 03-14-2013, 12:02 AM   #557
Denny 3K

HighCmpPct's Arena

OVR: 28

Anyone seen this yet?

Playing game one of a Dodgers chise trying to get my sliders dialed in before OSFM.

Anyway its the top of 5th 1-1 game Kershaw vs. Cain. Brandon Crawford gets a 1 out single that brings Cain to the plate in a obvious sac bunt situation. So naturally I throw him a first pitch fastball above the letters to try and get the popup. He attempts to pull the bunt back at the last second and gets nailed in the hand.

So he falls to the ground and I'm at first thinking he didn't even get hit, next thing I know a cutscene pops up of my catcher AJ Ellis trying to hold back a seriously pissed off Cain. Then he gets around him and comes flying at Kershaw!!! And as we all know you don't get to see the fights, however next thing I know I'm having to bring in Harang because Kershaw gets thrown out however Cain is standing on first!!

Kinda sucks only my guy got ejected on a accidental HBP, but still a really awesome little scene.

Join us in the 3K Gaming Discord for the best Sim Sports Setups!!
3K Gaming Discord

Link to my YouTube.
Denny 3K Gaming

Old 03-14-2013, 06:37 AM   #558
Banned

vcu9's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by earp4530
Franchise mode is horrendous now.. Cyber pics are gay, strikeout totals are a joke(do the devs even watch/pay attention to baseball?) and the player profession is laughable, 20 point drop after spring training lmao what? Franchise mode is a joke now. You're crazy if you actually think it's good. It doesn't represent anything close to an actual simulation of a MLB season. Guys like Patrick Corbin are leading the league in era..etc and Verlander has a 5 era..FIVE In July. Rip franchise mode I guess atleast the gameplay is good?

I agree. I have fixed the K/9 problem with my edits. This game is the best sports sim ever made every year. However, if the devs really played this game they would see these problems initially and we would not have to wait for patches to play this game in a franchise mode, etc.

That is my opinion. Maybe I am wrong, but I have learned through experience that the game is hyped by CD and others and then we have these major issues that have no business being as prevalent as they are.

We know this will happen every year. Not that we do not have a right to complain and voice our opinions, but we should not be surprised by the flaws that they ship this game with seemingly every year.
Old 03-14-2013, 09:15 AM   #559
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

OVR: 30

Are you serious? Tell me one other game that is as polished and refined as the Show? Or has the community interactions and post release support? Every game has flaws and I am sure most will be addressed. More than one person develops the game. A change in code from another area can affect someplace else that they thought was good.

No one plays this game more than Ramone.
Old 03-14-2013, 09:56 AM   #560
MVP

OVR: 14

I love how people do a franchise, but want it to go parallel with real life. What's the point in doing it then? I like to dive into my fantasy world and play it out on my terms and see what the CPU does and just accept it and run with it. Verlander with a high ERA? Cool, that's how itplayed out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »