Home

Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread

This is a discussion on Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-12-2013, 11:57 PM   #545
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread

I'm from Australia and an avid sports gamer for 20 years. I bought myself a PS3 last year purely and simply so i could get the show. Baseball had never interested me in terms of watching, but i couldn't ignore the critical acclaim the show had received for several years. I enjoyed MLB 12 The Show as much as i'd enjoyed any game for many years, and i'm pleased to say the this years iteration exceeds last years in terms of enjoyment. It's actually got me genuinely interested to follow the real life version and i can't wait for the season to start.

My only gripe - the pitch stutter!! My first 3 or 4 games were stutter free then, BANG! I am getting regular stutter, up to a dozen a game. The rest of the game is so incredible that the stutter is an even greater let down. Hitting is such an integral part of the game that it is almost the worst possible glitch. It staggers me that such an issue can be prevalent in the final retail product, particularly as it was an issue last year too. I only hope that through a patch it can be corrected. I like biscuits.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2013, 12:01 AM   #546
MVP

DrUrsus's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabarnes19
I wanted to mention something that I think is really great this year about the game. I have always loved the challenge of the Show and hitting and pitching. My 8 year old son never wanted to play the game....I assumed because he wasn't into baseball much.

This year he won't put the game down. He has the Vita playing all the time and wants to play me head to head on the PS3. He actually beat me yesterday with him on rookie and me on HOF.

I asked him why he likes the game this year. His response was "I can hit the ball this year and can hit home runs. The game is so much fun I love it!"

By making the game more accessible and opening the timing window SCEA has made the game more fun for kids and in turn bringing these kids into the baseball world. He wants to watch baseball now Great decision by SCEA and I'm sure it is going to bring many more customers into the fold...Great work!!

I agree. My 8 year old likes to play this year. So far she only does HR derby and practices hitting and pitching. She can already beat me in chess so it would be cool if she got good at the show...or would it?
Old 03-13-2013, 06:38 AM   #547
MVP

LastActionHero's Arena

OVR: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrUrsus
Best baseball game I have EVER played period. Just needs a few fixes. Having a blast this year. Love the new throw meter. Makes fielding more interactive and keeps me on my toes in the field. Used to be just going thru the motions on the other previous Shows.
Same here!
Now for next year I would like the new button accuracy meter in combination with the analog stick!
Anyone else thinks this would be sweet?

Further more I'm really hooked to challenge of the week!
I sneak in a session before work everytime now
Old 03-13-2013, 12:50 PM   #548
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
2B....you were so close to being the 1,000,000 person to ask for Tiger Stadium!
(I think I was #55,555 )

Seriously...just about anyone asking for classics wants this one and Ebbets.

M.K.
Knight165
I gotta play ASB2004 to use Tiger Stadium. MVP had it but it didn't look that good.
Old 03-13-2013, 02:19 PM   #549
Pro

ARoid1313's Arena

OVR: 3

i started my season last night with the yankees hosting the red sox at Yankee stadium. Set to legend analog on hitting & pitching. prior to last nights game i played roughly 15 games on the same setting, none in yankee stadium and my results were decently mixed.
last night however in my first game at yankee stadium Boston hit 8 homeruns!! 8! wow. never happened to me in the past.
I always felt the ball was slightly "juiced" when playing there, and last night really got me thinkin about that. was that just a one off circumstance?
has anyone else had the same type of results?
Old 03-13-2013, 03:12 PM   #550
MVP

slthree's Arena

OVR: 15
Got bored of exhibition games so I did a fantasy Draft in Season mode with the Astros (simple for the unis and Stadium add in a Braves fan)

Played a game against the Angels where the starter for the cpu Angels got hurt and left in the 2nd inning. That's not weird. But, get this:

They used 3 more pitchers in that inning. I had a walk and a hit but nothing too threatening. The 1st guy who came in right after the injury had real low energy. He left after 1 batter. Next guy had low energy and he faced 2 badgers and left.

Don't know what to make of it but it was darn cool to experience it.
Old 03-13-2013, 03:28 PM   #551
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

I am short of time right now but will post a detailed impression soon.

In short?

9.5/10

Best baseball game ever made for any console.
NHL23 - Panthers YR1
Star Wars Outlaws

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2013, 03:29 PM   #552
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by slthree
Got bored of exhibition games so I did a fantasy Draft in Season mode with the Astros (simple for the unis and Stadium add in a Braves fan)

Played a game against the Angels where the starter for the cpu Angels got hurt and left in the 2nd inning. That's not weird. But, get this:

They used 3 more pitchers in that inning. I had a walk and a hit but nothing too threatening. The 1st guy who came in right after the injury had real low energy. He left after 1 batter. Next guy had low energy and he faced 2 badgers and left.

Don't know what to make of it but it was darn cool to experience it.

Not sure what to make of the situation either, but I'm certain this is a major bug!

Spoiler

YouTube

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »