Home

Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread

This is a discussion on Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-12-2013, 12:21 PM   #529

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread

Franchise budget is abit confusing.

1 year I finish with win totals in the 80s and don't make playoffs
Next year I finish with win total in the 100s and win the world series.

BOTH times, my budget increased by 10%. I thought budget increase depended on success of a team?
Old 03-12-2013, 12:23 PM   #530
MVP

slthree's Arena

OVR: 15

UPDATE

Decided to use a different team so I used the Rays hosting the Tigers. I just set Prince as leadoff man so I could see right away.

And, just like the pic by slab and the other poster who used the Giants, the Rays defense was appropriate with an extreme shift, both infield and outfield

Do any Oriole fans (or dev) know if Buck is just a manager who doesn't shift for anyone? If thats the case and they built it into the game, that would be amazing.

Now, I'd like to see if the cpu will adjust depth based on hitter power. So far, the answer is NO, they don't.

Keeping the Rays as the cpu team, I took the Nationals into Shibe Park. I use Shibe Park because of the grids in the outfield. Its very easy to count the lines to determine if the outfielder adjusts how shallow or deep they position.

The outfielders kept the exact same depth for Span (no power at all) as they did for Harper and Zimmerman and LaRoche, and the whole lineup for that matter.

On a side note: I love the ratings system so far. Despite the fact that Laroche won the Silver Slugger Award at 1st base last year and had 33 bombs, he wasn't overrated for power. He's 74 against righties and 73 against lefties. Great job SCEA

Last edited by slthree; 03-12-2013 at 12:44 PM.
Old 03-12-2013, 01:14 PM   #531
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
Franchise budget is abit confusing.

1 year I finish with win totals in the 80s and don't make playoffs
Next year I finish with win total in the 100s and win the world series.

BOTH times, my budget increased by 10%. I thought budget increase depended on success of a team?

I agree, I'm not sure why it is like that. It was a little different at CD. Not all teams went up the same amount and there were more teams that dropped. They are aware of it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2013, 01:33 PM   #532
Banned

TonyDanzaFan's Arena

OVR: 3

One thing I want to say. I LOVE the way the changed the players pictures. I know some people like the real pictures, but the in-game photos make it easier to distinguish if a player is in AAA or the MLB and I like that it helps make the fake players seem more real. I also like that I don't have a team full of guys wearing nine different hats, and they are all wearing the same one. I know it is such a small detail, but I really do like it.
Old 03-12-2013, 03:26 PM   #533
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo17k
Yes... except you can still create a pitcher with 100 mph heater and 70 mph change-up... that hasn't changed.
Really? Once I realized what they did I tried it and couldn't get that. I think the most extreme was something like 100mph FB and something around the mid 80s for the change. I didn't try exhaustively though. That's too bad if that's the case...not quite as useful as I had pictured.
Old 03-12-2013, 04:21 PM   #534
Banned

tofubrain2's Arena

OVR: 10

I can't get enought of this year's Show.

LOVE the way the ball hits the wall and deflects different ways plus the balance of pitching to batting advantages.... to the already large number of CPU ****backs (edited for everyone's sanity) I've been able to prevent. This is the way baseball should always be played. I'm on cloud 9.

I can't wait for a patch just to tidy some issues up and then OSFM... Looks like I lost my job at the right time
Old 03-12-2013, 04:31 PM   #535
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by slthree
UPDATE

Decided to use a different team so I used the Rays hosting the Tigers. I just set Prince as leadoff man so I could see right away.

And, just like the pic by slab and the other poster who used the Giants, the Rays defense was appropriate with an extreme shift, both infield and outfield

Do any Oriole fans (or dev) know if Buck is just a manager who doesn't shift for anyone? If thats the case and they built it into the game, that would be amazing.

Now, I'd like to see if the cpu will adjust depth based on hitter power. So far, the answer is NO, they don't.

Keeping the Rays as the cpu team, I took the Nationals into Shibe Park. I use Shibe Park because of the grids in the outfield. Its very easy to count the lines to determine if the outfielder adjusts how shallow or deep they position.

The outfielders kept the exact same depth for Span (no power at all) as they did for Harper and Zimmerman and LaRoche, and the whole lineup for that matter.

On a side note: I love the ratings system so far. Despite the fact that Laroche won the Silver Slugger Award at 1st base last year and had 33 bombs, he wasn't overrated for power. He's 74 against righties and 73 against lefties. Great job SCEA
If you play as the Red Sox, you will see the Outfielders all play Deep and the infield in a huge shift for Ortiz.

They will also play deep for Saltalamachia, shade to the left for Middlebrooks, and creep in on the grass when Ciriaco is at the plate if the mood is right for a bunt.

Make sure you have the Defensive Positioning set at Auto if you want help, and remember, at the very first at bat, you can set up your own team for the entire lineup as far as how you want to play them. Late in the game, you can override those decisions for an at bat, as needed. (guys on base, playing in to protect against a run etc...)

I have noticed no issue at all with the CPU playing as they "should" and have actually remarked a few times that I had been robbed, based on some pretty fine coaching by the other team with regards to where they had my guys played.

~syf

**edit** By the way, I played Baltimore in a Spring Training Exhibition game, and they definitely put the shift on against Ortiz.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2013, 05:09 PM   #536
MVP

OVR: 1

Yes, CPU plays shift but I haven't seen it for me using auto fielding.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »