Home

MLB 13 The Show Review (PS Vita)

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show Review (PS Vita) within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-11-2013, 03:56 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
MLB 13 The Show Review (PS Vita)

Handheld gaming has never looked or been as good as it is on a PS Vita.

Understandably so, we were skeptical of the claims by Sony that we would get a console-like baseball experience last year when MLB 12 The Show launched on the Vita.

The first edition of The Show on the Vita was a great effort in many ways. The game delivered a smooth and oftentimes identical experience to that of it’s big brother on the PS3. There were some hiccups and missing features, but for a handheld it was hard to find anything better.

A year later, MLB 13 The Show is here and it accomplishes much of the same that its predecessor did. Not only is the Vita version of MLB 13 The Show the best handheld baseball game ever, it is also easily the second best baseball iteration on the market, only coming marginally behind the PS3 version of the same game.

The games are so close to being identical, I’m actually going to refer you to our review of the PS3 edition of MLB 13 The Show for even more details on the game.

Read More - MLB 13 The Show Review (PS Vita)
Platform: PS Vita
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2013, 04:16 PM   #2
MVP

geisterhome's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: MLB 13 The Show Review (PS Vita)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS
Also missing are lineup introductions and a lot of end-of-the-inning lines.
The end of the inning lines are actually still in RTTS I believe. Not sure why they didn't use them for any other mode like the did last year

Good review!

-Glad to be an Operation Sports Member!-
Old 03-11-2013, 04:43 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
I've been playing this over the weekend. While I definitely agree it's an improvement over last year's first-edition, it still need improvement in one key area: graphics.

I'm not being a jerk by "this needs more HD" but there are still some graphical issues that happen far too often. The most noticeable are the players in the dug-outs appear and disappear randomly, the crowd effects are way too pixelated (meaning, they look bad in comparison to other elements but a significant downgrade)/ Another odd glitch is that the pitch will shift from right-to-left on the mound. This is most evident when you play as a Pitcher in RTTS.

Using a complete 1-10 scale, this is definitely a 7 or a 7.5. Good, not quite Great but definitely an improvement over last year's Fair.
Old 03-11-2013, 04:45 PM   #4
MVP

RunN1st's Arena

OVR: 20
"Simply put, MLB 13 The Show on the Playstation Vita is the best handheld or mobile sports game ever made. I can not think of another game which you could take with you that is this good. You get an almost near-console like experience for $20 less along with the added bonus of portability."

100% agree with this statement! There are small bugs (HR distance and on deck info. during viewing bullpen) that need to be ironed out but they are by no means game killers.

Last edited by RunN1st; 03-11-2013 at 05:30 PM.
Old 03-11-2013, 04:53 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4
BTW, changed the pitching perspective to E. Zoom or something like that (it's crazy zoomed in from the catcher's perspective) and the pulse pitching is a breeze.

I was also pleasantly surprised with some of the cutscenes this year - were they in last year's version at all? Like a double shows the runner on the bag pleased with himself, etc.?

It's a really amazing translation this year, that's for sure.

I would be willing to pay extra for a downloadable version of Diamond Dynasty.

Batting seems crazy easier this year. Especially if you guess a pitch or a zone - the game seems to actually reward you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2013, 10:13 AM   #6
ShowTime!

NAFBUC's Arena

OVR: 43
Agree with the review for the most part. Changing camera angles will help if u are having problems with pulse pitching. Presentation has improved quite a bit this year, you will never get the full package of a console.
Old 03-18-2013, 09:19 AM   #7
MVP

geisterhome's Arena

OVR: 44

The more I play the game the more I agree with the high rating it got!
Old 03-18-2013, 11:38 AM   #8
Rookie

Simp's Arena

OVR: 4

Loving the game on the Vita but it still feels too fast. I understand it cannot have full presentation but if there's any way to give the option to slow the pace further through pitch delay it would really help. I have pitch delay on "Slower" but it still feels faster than I would like.

I want to take a moment to feel the tension before a big pitch!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »