Home

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions (PS3, 360)

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions (PS3, 360) within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-10-2013, 11:36 PM   #201
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions (PS3, 360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskimos44
Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're talking about, but its done using the LS. Pull down or push up, and swivel camera by moving it left or right.
I've tried this in Simulation mode. The only way you can view behind the pin is to have zoom to target enabled and this is disabled in Simulation mode.

Xbox One Elite Controller

The Golf Club 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2013, 11:44 PM   #202
Rookie

OVR: 1
Simulation Mode needs to be deeper and allow for more pre-preparation for your rounds. Almost like a NHL or NASCAR strategy available to you before you start. Removing gameplay options for the sake of making the game harder is not challenging, it's simply unfair. The PGA Tour pros have landing zones and know exactly what the outlay of the courses look like prior to playing in the tournaments. So instead of some sponsorship bs 3 hole challenge and a 6 hole match play challenge against x pro, how about a practice round option where you can plot your strategy for the coming 4 days. if you do it, you get the XP points you would usually get for the two stupid pre-tourney challenges, but the practice round itself would have a variable amount of XP you could gain, based on how much you succeed at your preparation. What would this entail.........I don't make the frickin game and I don't get paid to come up with the finer details, that would be on EA Sports. Now please try to make this like real golf for the next gen.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:35 AM   #203
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions (PS3, 360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
I've tried this in Simulation mode. The only way you can view behind the pin is to have zoom to target enabled and this is disabled in Simulation mode.
I see...I don't play Sim mode...I prefer the 6 to midnight swing plane, but turn off most helpers except zoom to aim.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:51 AM   #204
Rookie

OVR: 6
Quote:
I disagree. Information is a HUGE issue with videogame golf. You had loads of information in '13 (and still do in TW14 on lower or Custom difficulties) and once users figured out the consistent execution of their shots, you had crazy scoring results at -15, -20, and lower. It took me 4 days at TW Community Day to break PAR in the builds we were playing and the one round I did had something on the line. It was the TW CD Final Tournament to see who would win an autographed (by Tiger) copy of TW13 and a dozen EA Sports Nike Golf balls. I was probably on the lower half of skill among the attendees, but I managed to shoot a 67 at Augusta in Masters-like conditions because I was using a Control/Draw/High Trajectory golfer and I was able to hit fairways and greens and made a few putts along the way. I was lucky enough to win the tournament and beat players that routinely score in the teens under par in TW13 Tournament mode.

So, I believe once the game ships, you are going to have to put in some practice time to get competitive at TW14 in Simulation mode. Heck, the best 3 hole round I have scored so far in the demo is -2 and that is because I hit fairways and greens and did not bomb my drives leaving me with longer than normal approaches, but not approaches from the rough. And putting is not a crapshoot completely if you spend a bit of time reading the lie of your ball and the horizon behind the cup once you zoom. I do agree that I wish we could zoom to get a view behind the cup like we can in '13, but even then I was making 30 footers pretty routinely in '13, where I am not making them nearly as often in the '14 demo.....I think you guys will see better results when you can create your own golfer and set him up to play the way you prefer instead of using baked in attributed Pro's....

Doesn't change the fact that by not having yardages and ANY info it is immediately not realistic. I think some are blinding themselves to that fact b/c they're interested in high scores, not realism
Old 03-11-2013, 08:06 AM   #205
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by allstar3970
Doesn't change the fact that by not having yardages and ANY info it is immediately not realistic. I think some are blinding themselves to that fact b/c they're interested in high scores, not realism
Then don't play Simulation mode.....it is not for everyone and is for the hardcore simulation fans. TW11 TruAim had yardages and users were still able to post very UNrealistic scores very soon after release of the game.....I initially thought yardages were needed, but not after playing quite a bit and realizing you already have access to most of the information, yardages, elevation you need in the game. Sorry you disagree....

Xbox One Elite Controller

The Golf Club 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2013, 08:44 AM   #206
MVP

Gerg04's Arena

OVR: 5
Some people like sim some people hate it. Everyone is weighing in as we should in a FORUM. But for Pete's sake everyone needs to stop acting like their way/opinion is the only way. It's just a game.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
Old 03-11-2013, 10:40 AM   #207
Beat the Heat!

chi_hawks's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Exactly. Each round has a diff pin location. You know the steps to the front, back, left and right for every green, every hole, every round. Obviously when your in a tournament you can't "super zoom" just to check and make sure, but you know everything about the green.

Look at any decent player when they walk up to the ball in the fairway. Immediately they are into their notebooks looking at steps from the front to the pin, bunker locations, safety zones, etc...

http://www.operationsports.com/chi_hawks/blog/
Old 03-11-2013, 10:47 AM   #208
Rookie

OVR: 2

if possible, can someone in the know answer a question about the 'quick tournament feature.' Does this mean I'll simply be able to a four round tourney anytime I want? A feature I've been waiting to return since 04 on the PC.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »