Home

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions (PS3, 360)

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions (PS3, 360) within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-10-2013, 08:43 PM   #193
MVP

Hurricain's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions (PS3, 360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallCenterZombie
Sim Mode is the best addition in years. It's your opinion but I would go spend some more time playing. A lot of those points can be executed perfectly with practice.

LOL you obviously didn't read his post.
Old 03-10-2013, 08:49 PM   #194
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions (PS3, 360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chi_hawks
Gonna give my thoughts on the "simulation mode" in the TW14 demo. I've played competitive golf my entire life, played D1 college golf and was lucky enough to play in a few pro tournaments (small time stuff, mind you).

1) Not being able to see pin location - this is riduculous. You have this available to you with any tournament you play in.

2) Not knowing wind strength - this is ridiculous. You may not know exact strength but you will have a good idea (light, strong, very strong, gusting, etc...)

3) Not being able to zoom forward nor see yardage book - this is ridiculous. Much like knowing pin locations, you map this stuff out ahead of time. Especially if your Tiger freaking Woods.

4) Pitch/chip mechanics - not a fan at all.

5) Fade or Draw choice - I'm ok with this. Typically you play for one shot as you rarely (if ever) aim right at the target and hit your ball dead straight.

6) No idea on green break - ridiculous. You should be challenged to learn how to read the greens.

IMO, if the TW series could take the mechanics, physics and gameplay from Hot Shots Golf OOB and let you use it with real players, real courses, real tournaments, you'd have yourself an amazing game. HSG is the closest to representing real golf IMO. Yes, cartoonish players, goofy courses, blah blah blah. But in terms of being a game that you slowly master without it being cheap (see the 6 issues above), while relying upon understanding ball physics and terrain mastery, its as good as it gets.
1) Pin is viewable on every shot. Not sure what you are looking at.

2) Wind strength is determined by several factors, wind arrow fluctuation/vibration, tree and grass sway, etc. If you can't figure it out, turn MPH setting on.

3) I don't need a yardage book. All I need is to see the landing area just like I am on the tee or in the fairway. Plus, you know the distance to the pin on every shot along with the elevation plus the HUD gives you the yardage to the hole as well as the yardage of the club in your hand. Sorry, but I don't see the problem.

4) Not sure what your complaint is.

6) You contradict yourself. Reading the greens IS challenging because you have to check the lie of the ball and view the cup and surrounding horizon of the green to get a feel for it. That being said, I would prefer to have a view behind the cup to get a better feel of slope around the cup.

At the end of the day, Simulation mode is not for everyone. EA has given Tiger users more gameplay options and challenges than any previous Tiger version. Hot Shots Golf? Sorry, but I will agree to disagree. It's a nice little game, but I don't consider it much of a competitor to Tiger '14.

Xbox One Elite Controller

The Golf Club 2
Old 03-10-2013, 08:51 PM   #195
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by i3man
Green reading isn't bad at all. The game gives you two slope degree readings which tells you to what degree you're putting up or downhill and to what degree the ball is above or below your feet. I wish I had this info on fairway lies.
Actually you do.....plus you have the Strike Meter.....

The Golf Club 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2013, 09:11 PM   #196
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker

6) You contradict yourself. Reading the greens IS challenging because you have to check the lie of the ball and view the cup and surrounding horizon of the green to get a feel for it. That being said, I would prefer to have a view behind the cup to get a better feel of slope around the cup.
There is a way to swing the camera when reading the greens. Don't have it memorized, but it is done by moving one of the sticks. I start with the straight on view, then swing the camera for a reverse angle view so I can look from behind the cup up to the ball. Its really handy.
Old 03-10-2013, 09:44 PM   #197
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskimos44
There is a way to swing the camera when reading the greens. Don't have it memorized, but it is done by moving one of the sticks. I start with the straight on view, then swing the camera for a reverse angle view so I can look from behind the cup up to the ball. Its really handy.
You could in TW13, but not this demo or at least I haven't figured it out yet. Please confirm if you can and how to do it.

The Golf Club 2
Old 03-10-2013, 10:06 PM   #198
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
You could in TW13, but not this demo or at least I haven't figured it out yet. Please confirm if you can and how to do it.
Agreed. If in fact you can (which you should since while putting you have access to walk the entire green IRL) I would love to know how. This would be a big help in reading the greens on simulation.
Old 03-10-2013, 10:21 PM   #199
Rookie

OVR: 5

Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're talking about, but its done using the LS. Pull down or push up, and swivel camera by moving it left or right.
Old 03-10-2013, 10:54 PM   #200
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricain
LOL you obviously didn't read his post.
Neither did you, apparently. When someone opens up about playing pro/college in real life and then giving reference to Hot Shots Golf: OOB...quick to judgement...and a lot of those points can be changed within the options menu. Please post something that lends to this thread, K?

And you probably haven't even looked at the options menu of which you can customize to no end. Geez...

Edit: I don't know if he was talking about Live Tournaments or Quick Tournaments. With Live Tournaments you can't change those options but with Quick Play you can. Maybe you guys should be a bit more specific, eh? :-)

1. NHL 14
2. Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14 Sim Mode
3. ESPN NFL 2K5 w/ Gills 2013 roster update
3. NBA 2K11 w/ mkharsh's 2012-13 rosters
5. Winning Eleven 6 FE patched **2012 transfer window*** update....kick @SS

Last edited by CallCenterZombie; 03-10-2013 at 11:12 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »