Home

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions (PS3, 360)

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions (PS3, 360) within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-08-2013, 02:45 PM   #161
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions (PS3, 360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Sufferer
Does this setting only change for the players default swing?

Meaning that if he plays a natural fade that you can change to 6-12 and he will still hit his fade or will he hit it straight?

Also if you want to hit a fade will you still need to swing 5-11 or will you just change your stance and swing 6-12 and produce a fade like it was in Tiger 12?

Thanks
My understanding is your golfer will hit straight.....and your swing analyzer will show a 6 to 12 o'clock orientation....

Xbox One Elite Controller

The Golf Club 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2013, 05:31 PM   #162
MVP

Gerg04's Arena

OVR: 5
Am I the only one that can't achieve a perfectly straight line up and back diagonally for the draw/fade? On puts and straight chips it is a solid straight line. But no matter what I do, it's never perfectly straight on the draw/fade.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
Old 03-08-2013, 05:48 PM   #163
PDX

RipCity71252's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions (PS3, 360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerg04
Am I the only one that can't achieve a perfectly straight line up and back diagonally for the draw/fade? On puts and straight chips it is a solid straight line. But no matter what I do, it's never perfectly straight on the draw/fade.

Nope. I think EA is trying to replicate the notion the pro's never really ever hit a perfectly straight shot. They're always trying to shape something with respect to their lie, hazards, and hole location.

I agree though with an earlier poster who mentioned that the slight draws and fades shouldn't force the user to swing at such extreme diagonals.
Old 03-08-2013, 05:52 PM   #164
MVP

Gerg04's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipCity71252
Nope. I think EA is trying to replicate the notion the pro's never really ever hit a perfectly straight shot. They're always trying to shape something with respect to their lie, hazards, and hole location.

I agree though with an earlier poster who mentioned that the slight draws and fades shouldn't force the user to swing at such extreme diagonals.
Yea I understand that part. What I'm wondering is, on the straight shots, ie chips and putts, my back and forth swing produces a perfectly straight line on the swing meter. However the draw/fades I can NEVER achieve that. Which is fine and realistic. Just wondering if it's only me.

Edit: playing simulation difficulty

Last edited by Gerg04; 03-08-2013 at 05:56 PM.
Old 03-08-2013, 07:00 PM   #165
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerg04
Yea I understand that part. What I'm wondering is, on the straight shots, ie chips and putts, my back and forth swing produces a perfectly straight line on the swing meter. However the draw/fades I can NEVER achieve that. Which is fine and realistic. Just wondering if it's only me.

Edit: playing simulation difficulty

It's definitely a fine art. I've hit a few pretty close, never got perfectly straight that I recall, but pretty darn close to the point the ball goes right where it's supposed to. Actually just thinking about while I was writing this, I've never got it perfect on a fade but I have on a draw. I have found its easier to hit a draw for me, and I have also found that there seems to be a little more forgiveness on a draw vs a fade. Seems if I barely mi**** a draw it still goes basically where I'm aiming, but a small mi**** on a fade turns into a slice very quickly.

And I do play on sim difficulty.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2013, 10:47 PM   #166
Some say he...

kerosene31's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipCity71252

This is exactly what is killing the game for me. I get that pros never hit a straight shot, but the angles are totally extreme. I don't understand it. I get if you are trying to bend some crazy shot around a bend or something, but a tiny little fade shouldn't be such a low percentage shot.

My thumb simply can't do it with any consistency. I can't even get any kind of a smooth swing going with the thumb. Basically, what I will have to do is turn the controller and try to swing with two fingers.

The past few years I just can't find a good difficulty to play with. Tour pro is mostly too easy, unless I try to draw or fade a shot. Anything above that and I don't think I can ever break par, even with practice. The demo only has perfectly easy conditions. Wait until the wind cranks up and the greens become lightning fast.
Old 03-08-2013, 11:11 PM   #167
MVP

Gerg04's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerosene31
This is exactly what is killing the game for me. I get that pros never hit a straight shot, but the angles are totally extreme. I don't understand it. I get if you are trying to bend some crazy shot around a bend or something, but a tiny little fade shouldn't be such a low percentage shot.

My thumb simply can't do it with any consistency. I can't even get any kind of a smooth swing going with the thumb. Basically, what I will have to do is turn the controller and try to swing with two fingers.

The past few years I just can't find a good difficulty to play with. Tour pro is mostly too easy, unless I try to draw or fade a shot. Anything above that and I don't think I can ever break par, even with practice. The demo only has perfectly easy conditions. Wait until the wind cranks up and the greens become lightning fast.
This is true about the conditions. I do enjoy the difficulty/reward but I tend to agree with you, I may always find it frustratingly hard. I don't mind having to draw or fad most shots, just wish there was a little more forgiveness. We'll see with the full game, I'm readying and willing to hunker down and be terrible for a little while as long as my game can eventually improve.

BTW if you're playing as tiger and using his default fade, try changing to a drawn its much more comfortable IMO.

Old 03-08-2013, 11:32 PM   #168
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerosene31

Then turn Advanced Shot Shaping OFF in the Gameplay Options and you won't have to worry about it.

Xbox One Elite Controller

The Golf Club 2

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »