Home

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions (PS3, 360)

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions (PS3, 360) within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-07-2013, 04:13 PM   #145
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
I don't know if the policy has changed, but it used to be that silver members had to wait a week.
Thanks for the info. I guess I'll be up****** next week on which one I like better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2013, 07:52 PM   #146
Rookie

I tried switching my controller to right stick swing and it is amazing how much better I can swing with my right finger. Just shot my first even par round in the simulation connected tournament at birkdale. It was extremely gratifying, yet disappointing because I missed 2 birdie putts that were right in the jaws but left a foot short. I could have easily shot -2, but still. That was an extremely satisfying 3 holes. 100% GIR and fairways hit.
Old 03-07-2013, 07:57 PM   #147
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions (PS3, 360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love13
I tried switching my controller to right stick swing and it is amazing how much better I can swing with my right finger. Just shot my first even par round in the simulation connected tournament at birkdale. It was extremely gratifying, yet disappointing because I missed 2 birdie putts that were right in the jaws but left a foot short. I could have easily shot -2, but still. That was an extremely satisfying 3 holes. 100% GIR and fairways hit.
I might have to give that a shot. I was doing alright for a little bit, but now I'm having a heck of a time trying to swing diagonally. My balls going so far out of play it's ridiculous.
Old 03-07-2013, 08:21 PM   #148
Canadian eh?

SinisterAlex's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions (PS3, 360)

I switched to the right stick as well. So much easier to execute the diagonal fades and draws with it.
Old 03-07-2013, 09:25 PM   #149
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
I might have to give that a shot. I was doing alright for a little bit, but now I'm having a heck of a time trying to swing diagonally. My balls going so far out of play it's ridiculous.
Sounds like you've lost your confidence like Rory. I get in those mini slumps too where I have no confidence in swinging diagonally and try and be safe with it and ends up being worse. And I'm loving every minute of it. The fact that you're moving your joystick to a diagonal bottom point to start your swing rather than starting at centre bottom, which is the natural resting point of your joystick, really can screw things up. It really can mess with your mind sometimes, you can be rolling along and then one bad shot and then you start over thinking things and make it worse.

Last edited by Seymour Scagnetti; 03-07-2013 at 09:30 PM.
Old 03-07-2013, 10:20 PM   #150
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour Scagnetti
Sounds like you've lost your confidence like Rory. I get in those mini slumps too where I have no confidence in swinging diagonally and try and be safe with it and ends up being worse. And I'm loving every minute of it. The fact that you're moving your joystick to a diagonal bottom point to start your swing rather than starting at centre bottom, which is the natural resting point of your joystick, really can screw things up. It really can mess with your mind sometimes, you can be rolling along and then one bad shot and then you start over thinking things and make it worse.
That statement right there, reminds you of playing real golf doesn't it? Lol
Old 03-07-2013, 10:58 PM   #151
MVP

Gerg04's Arena

OVR: 5
I'm very pleased to say that I've learned I hit the draw much better than the fade. Tiger's stance starts with the fade automatically. After trying and feeling even more uncomfortable using the RS, I tried hitting a draw. Not sure what it is but I'm way more consistent with that diagonal swing. Just feels natural.

Now if I could just let learn to putt...

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2013, 11:08 PM   #152
PDX

RipCity71252's Arena

OVR: 8

Like most of you, I'm loving the challenge of the simulation setting. I do agree that some of the aspects of it seem to be veering from actual realism just to increase the difficulty (lack of yardages on screen or in caddie book, analog fade strike meter) but on the whole I'm happy with the direction EA has taken this game. I played around 60-70 rounds on 13 without any aids and was shooting 66 on average, but I've played the heck out of this demo and have only broken par once (-1 @ Oak Hill), while regularly shooting anywhere from +1 to +3.

Only thing I don't really care for (and it could just be the slow green conditions) is the feel of the putting. The actual stroke is much smoother which I appreciate, but I think they went a bit too far in nerfing the touchiness of 13 in terms of speed control. Also don't like how they've seemed to strip the user of some of other ways to view the green that we've had in the past (low angle camera by flicking up then down on the LS and behind the hole).

Wish they'd bring back the driving range feature since we actually might need it now! haha

EDIT: I agree Gerg04. The draw definitely seems easier to pull off due to how your hand is naturally positioned on the LS and could see a lot of users going with that swing style because of this (fade for left handed users).

Last edited by RipCity71252; 03-07-2013 at 11:16 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »