Home

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions (PS3, 360)

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions (PS3, 360) within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-07-2013, 01:07 PM   #129
MVP

Gerg04's Arena

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerosene31
That's not what I'm looking for. I'm looking for specific yardages (front of the green, front of the bunker, etc). The kind of stuff a real caddie would provide to a pro golfer.

I thought true aim in TW11 was perfect this way.
Gotha. I've enjoyed my time with simulation on the demo. I haven't posted anything under +3 and have also had a many 3-4 putts. The challenge/reward is very balanced tho IMO. I've had a few nice (and terrible) shaped shots out of the rough onto the green. Putting however is a complete nightmare and trying to read the green is nearly impossible. Good fun though.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by Gerg04; 03-07-2013 at 01:14 PM.
Old 03-07-2013, 01:21 PM   #130
Rookie

OVR: 0
So after playing several rounds (ps3) I really enjoy simulation mode. I find striking the ball to be a good challenge. I was horrible at it, but I also think a lot of that has to do with the ps3 controller. I've always sucked at hitting the ball with ps controllers because of how loose the analog sticks are compared to 360 controllers. I can't wait for the 360 demo to become available to us low level Xbox account holders (one more added reason I usually prefer ps haha) so I can see if my swing improves.

I am in agreance with those who would like more information on the course. Like a yardage book that all pros and even most competitive amateurs have. I think this would be nice for laying up on a par 5, knowing if I should play long or short. Knowing how far the front bunker is, things like that. I don't even need exact yardages, just a book that has starting distances from the tee box, then make me do the math from the middle of the fairway, just like the pros do.

The other thing I'm not huge on is the putting. Not for the same reasons everyone else is. I don't find the greens too hard to read. I think they actually did an immaculate job with the subtleties of the breaks of the green with the ball level view (I do wish it was available on the fringe or just off the green where I still might putt it) but what I don't like is the cursor/aim marker distance calculation. I think it's too easy if I aim the market to how hard I should hit and then take a full swing it makes lagging long putts too easy. I think they should go back to the percentage style distance with the putter. On a full swing with my putter I should be able to hit like 120 ft or so, no matter where my aim marker is. Then I should have to calculate in my backswing how hard to hit the ball, just like our regular swing with irons and woods. But oh well, it's still a great product overall.

I would also like to add, I am also in favor of leaving the at ball perspective for a few seconds before going to a sky cam on broadcast presentation. But this is nowhere near a game breaker for me at all. This is by far the best product they have put out in this franchise. The only thing that they really need to add is a true career where you can bounce back and forth between PGA and web.com tours, as well as bring back the Ryder cup or presidents cup but make it an every other year thing, not the end of a designated career length. One that you have the option of qualifying for every time it comes around.

Hopefully that will come in the future. This may be an issue to do well with the fact they can't get a mass license for all pro golfers they have to get each one individually which adds up to a lot of penny's, but I can keep dreaming haha.

Sorry for the book lol.
Old 03-07-2013, 01:59 PM   #131
24 Forever

mike24forever's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions (PS3, 360)

Just played my first 3 holes on simulation with Analog fad on.

I shot: @ Oakhill

Birdie - 3
SNOWMAN - 8
Par - 3

Putting without the grid will be difficult. What cues can we get to read the greens?

Edit: I got it, pull back on the Left stick. Makes a huge difference.

I HATE the sound when putting. I'm not swing a driver. Smh

Last edited by mike24forever; 03-07-2013 at 02:08 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2013, 02:19 PM   #132
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34
For me, reading the greens is perfect and here's why. I love it when I feel I have read the slope/break of my upcoming putt only to realize that I've read the break/slope wrong. For those who play in real life doesn't this happen a few times in your round?

I thought The Show 13 would be my most anticipated title of the year but after messing with this demo on simulation it's not even close.

Sent from my SCH-i705 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by Flightwhite24; 03-07-2013 at 03:02 PM.
Old 03-07-2013, 02:30 PM   #133
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIGHTWHITE
For me, reading the greens is perfect and here's why. I love it when i feel have read the slope/break of my upcoming put only to realize that i read the break/slope wrong. For those who play in real life doesn't this happen a few times in your round?

I thought The Show 13 would be my most anticipated title of the year but after messing with this demo on simulation it's not even close

I agree, with how detailed they have made the greens. When reading it at the ball view level, I feel like I'm really reading a green. There's all sorts of subtle breaks going both ways at times. And just like in real life if you get a straight putt I noticed myself trying to find a break that wasn't there because how often do you have a straight putt?? Lol. I had a 15 ft birdie putt that was straight and a little up hill. I didn't believe it was straight so I aimed just at the right edge of the cup, sure enough I hit the speed perfect but the ball sat on the right edge of the cup haha. I loved it because if your a true golfer you know you've done that one before lol.
Old 03-07-2013, 02:33 PM   #134
MVP

Gerg04's Arena

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike24forever
Edit: I got it, pull back on the Left stick. Makes a huge difference.
I feel like there's not enough variance unless you are on a gigantic break. The 10-20 footers LOOK like they break left edge only to break 3 feet right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIGHTWHITE
For me, reading the greens is perfect and here's why. I love it when i feel have read the slope/break of my upcoming put only to realize that i read the break/slope wrong. For those who play in real life doesn't this happen a few times in your round?

I agree and love the challenge of it. Just hope to find a more consistent way of reading severity of the break.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
Old 03-07-2013, 02:40 PM   #135
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions (PS3, 360)

Man, I can't break a +1 for anything. Props to the guys that have managed to shoot under par so far. As far as reading the greens go, I'm starting to get a feel for it. I just have to get better at hitting the ball off the tee, I'm sending it all over the place lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2013, 02:48 PM   #136
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love13
I agree, with how detailed they have made the greens. When reading it at the ball view level, I feel like I'm really reading a green. There's all sorts of subtle breaks going both ways at times. And just like in real life if you get a straight putt I noticed myself trying to find a break that wasn't there because how often do you have a straight putt?? Lol. I had a 15 ft birdie putt that was straight and a little up hill. I didn't believe it was straight so I aimed just at the right edge of the cup, sure enough I hit the speed perfect but the ball sat on the right edge of the cup haha. I loved it because if your a true golfer you know you've done that one before lol.
Also with the putting realism it definitely makes reading the green properly feel more rewarding and close misses especially on long putts more heart breaking. I still like the older distance control but this overall is a better experience.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »