Home

Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread

This is a discussion on Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-07-2013, 11:47 AM   #289
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56
Re: Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
To follow up on the base running:

Think about it as real life. If you are running to a base with the intention of getting there as quickly as possible, you run in a straight line. That is great for beating a throw, but awful for rounding.

If you have the base easily acquired and are thinking about the next base, you round. You lose some distance, but it is more than made up for in retaining speed.

I believe this update to baserunning is intentional this year in The Show. You have to plan to go to the next base. The best proof is to set your baserunning to auto Or watch the CPU running. I haven't witnessed them stumble/slow down yet because they are always rounding at the proper times.

You need to preload your next base, just like you have to preload a throw. Awesome addition, in my opinion.

On a separate note: love the changes to defensive alignments. As someone who always uses Manual for defensive changes, love the new UI for the changes to each individual player.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Yes...exactly...!!!
I finally did pre-load and it makes a difference!

I never really "play"...mostly manage only and I was wondering why it looked so much smoother.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 03-07-2013, 11:54 AM   #290
OS Brew Connoisseur

Motown's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Yes...exactly...!!!
I finally did pre-load and it makes a difference!

I never really "play"...mostly manage only and I was wondering why it looked so much smoother.

M.K.
Knight165
I know I shouldn't be asking Qs here, but do they run with a lean on auto baserunning? just curious...thanks for the impressions gang.
Old 03-07-2013, 11:59 AM   #291

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Guess I gotta go back to veteran and just adjust sliders. Or stay on all star(which is what I'm gonna do first) and fix up sliders.

I go to all star, and suddenly I can't hit(after more than doubling the MLB average in offense in my 5 games played on veteran) and I suddenly can't pitch....(allowed 3HR in like 5 pitches).

I sorta wanna be on all star just for the sake of being on all star(since all star is like the middle difficulty setting based on how much there are), but might just have to stay on veteran eventually. Cause in the 5 games I played with default sliders on veteran, pitching wise I did ok(only thing was that I just threw too many strikes) but offense was way too good(8 runs per game). Default on all star had me allowing twice as many runs as I did on veteran, and scoring like 80% less runs/hits than I was before.

Last edited by Majingir; 03-07-2013 at 12:11 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2013, 12:36 PM   #292
MVP

slthree's Arena

OVR: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
Guess I gotta go back to veteran and just adjust sliders. Or stay on all star(which is what I'm gonna do first) and fix up sliders.

I go to all star, and suddenly I can't hit(after more than doubling the MLB average in offense in my 5 games played on veteran) and I suddenly can't pitch....(allowed 3HR in like 5 pitches).

I sorta wanna be on all star just for the sake of being on all star(since all star is like the middle difficulty setting based on how much there are), but might just have to stay on veteran eventually. Cause in the 5 games I played with default sliders on veteran, pitching wise I did ok(only thing was that I just threw too many strikes) but offense was way too good(8 runs per game). Default on all star had me allowing twice as many runs as I did on veteran, and scoring like 80% less runs/hits than I was before.
I'm only one opinion but All Star is best for me. I know it's early but I always have used All Star.

The changes I make are as follows:

-Reduce solid hits for both down to 2
-Reduce cpu pitcher sliders to 2
-Reduce cpu throw strikes to 0 (this slider only affects early count according to the description and it has reduced the first pitch strike to mirror real stats, which I believe is a little over 50%

This will improve hitting because you'll get in to better hitter counts

-increase cpu power by 1 (I enjoy fearing power hitters) it forces me to be careful and, since I use Classic pitching, I wince every time I let the pitch fly because I never know if it's gonna drift over the plate.

I use contact swing unless I have 2 strikes AND am behind in the count. That's when I use the circle button swing.

I have hit home runs with the circle button swing with power hitters so I don't worry about using it.

As far as pitching goes, don't be scared to walk a power hitter. Also, get ahead of them if possible. Lots of them will take a first pitch strike.

The cpu knows whats a fast ball count. On 2-0 and 3-1 especially, they're looking for a fb in the zone. Surprise them with a Bender or a Change Up.

please bear with any typos/spelling errors as this message was sent from the best smartphone in the world

Last edited by slthree; 03-07-2013 at 12:41 PM.
Old 03-07-2013, 12:58 PM   #293
Rookie

OVR: 3

SCEA,

I was wondering if in the next roster update you could please change Joba Chamberlain's body type to "BUFF"?

He is far too fat in the video game and in real life does not have that huge protruding gut that the "FAT" body type has.

Thank you very much!
Old 03-07-2013, 02:39 PM   #294
Banned

XxJustAguessxX's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDL375
SCEA,

I was wondering if in the next roster update you could please change Joba Chamberlain's body type to "BUFF"?

He is far too fat in the video game and in real life does not have that huge protruding gut that the "FAT" body type has.

Thank you very much!
I don't think that's going to happen, last year the mets Lucas duda body image was off and they said it wouldn't be fixed this year.
Old 03-07-2013, 03:06 PM   #295
Bat
what

Bat's Arena

I am in year 2018 with the Astros. I have a 25 year old 99 catcher that simmed 40 bombs.. So awesome. I looked at my team recap and he was a 3rd round pick in 2013. My 1st is a 85 overall B 3bman. and I have a good pitcher I got 4th round.. I have had 2 years with no one really on my starting team but that class was a beast.

Definitely didn't see that kind of progression in previous years!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2013, 03:31 PM   #296

Majingir's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by slthree
I'm only one opinion but All Star is best for me. I know it's early but I always have used All Star.

The changes I make are as follows:

-Reduce solid hits for both down to 2
-Reduce cpu pitcher sliders to 2
-Reduce cpu throw strikes to 0 (this slider only affects early count according to the description and it has reduced the first pitch strike to mirror real stats, which I believe is a little over 50%

This will improve hitting because you'll get in to better hitter counts

-increase cpu power by 1 (I enjoy fearing power hitters) it forces me to be careful and, since I use Classic pitching, I wince every time I let the pitch fly because I never know if it's gonna drift over the plate.

I use contact swing unless I have 2 strikes AND am behind in the count. That's when I use the circle button swing.

I have hit home runs with the circle button swing with power hitters so I don't worry about using it.

As far as pitching goes, don't be scared to walk a power hitter. Also, get ahead of them if possible. Lots of them will take a first pitch strike.

The cpu knows whats a fast ball count. On 2-0 and 3-1 especially, they're looking for a fb in the zone. Surprise them with a Bender or a Change Up.

please bear with any typos/spelling errors as this message was sent from the best smartphone in the world
CPU Strike frequency for me is at 2 right now, so I'll leave it at that for abit.

I'm gonna use same sliders as I did on veteran,but reduce CPU contact and increase my contact.

Only thing though...I wanna increase amount of hits I get, but I also don't want all my hits to make contact with the ball(cause then it'd lead to lower pitch count from CPU if all the time I swing, ball is in play)

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »