Home

Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread

This is a discussion on Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-07-2013, 03:02 AM   #265
Rookie

cbrown119's Arena

OVR: 2
Anybody having problems seeing the ball in day games?

I have been playing the show since '10, and have just begun playing '13.

I don't know if its me, but I am having an unusually difficult time picking up the ball during day games. Not batting, but from the defensive aspect.

Once the ball is hit, its during the transition from pitching (pitching default camera - analog) to the defense - infielders mostly. I don't if it is my imagination or not, but there seems to be a split second flash when transitioning from pitching that confuses me and I end up totally misjudging the play...one time, this is embarassing to say, I thought it was a fly ball to the LF when it was actually a ground ball to 3rd.

I don't think its the game at all.....I think I am just having problems with the brightness during day games this year. I was in exhibition mode Cardinals vs Nationals - day (obviously).

I don't have these problems with '12. Well, except picking the ball up (as a batter) in Cleveland during the day until the shadows covers the mound.....

Is there a way to adjust the brightness? If so, which setting would I change? To me, I would not know the difference between gamma, anti-alising???...xrays....I probably adjust the wrong setting and end up making more stupid plays..

Thanks.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2013, 03:09 AM   #266
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread

The bad base running really stands out in RTTS mode, its stiff and no kind of leaning when turning bases. When running bases especially full speed, the runner should be leaning as he rounds off the bases not making the letter L. And the running animations look funny, the legs seem to be moving too fast or their strides are too short. Not a big deal just something that bothers me a little. FF to 1:20 to see what I am talking about....

Old 03-07-2013, 03:34 AM   #267
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasco11
Had a weird experience happen a few times today where i would manually be controlling my fielder and then all the sudden he would stop in place, or start to run the other direction away from fly ball or grounder?!? Very disruptive. Happened 3 times in 2 games...cost me runs. Didnt happen yesterday, not sure whats up? Didn't do anything out of ordinary (press L2, etc). Anyone else ever experience this?
Exact thing happened to me in my very first game the other day. Two ground balls in the same inning. One I was charging in with Plouffe and all of a sudden he just stopped. It felt like he was running into a force field and couldn't move. Another was a ground ball to first and Morneau vered off in a different direction resulting in the ball rolling past him. Extremely weird, but I haven't seen it since.
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea
Old 03-07-2013, 03:44 AM   #268
Rookie

OVR: 3

Hitting in general is much easier and more varied which is a pleasant surprise for me. Last year I couldn't hit anything and eventually gave up on the game altogether. I'm only a couple games in but I've averaged 7 or 8 hits a game.
Old 03-07-2013, 04:28 AM   #269
Banned

royals852's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddhex27
Hitting in general is much easier and more varied which is a pleasant surprise for me. Last year I couldn't hit anything and eventually gave up on the game altogether. I'm only a couple games in but I've averaged 7 or 8 hits a game.
I found it much harder to hit the first few games. Just way to early on everything. Made a few very minor slider adjustments and everything is good now. Thought i wasnt getting realistic hits and runs. But decided to see what the MLB average was for hits and runs last year and turns out i was right on line with it. 9 hits per game 4 runs.
Old 03-07-2013, 08:17 AM   #270
MVP

OVR: 1

The thing I've noticed in Beginner mode is how often CPU batters will chase. I love striking out batters and this year my dream has come true

I've played 3 Play Now games with default sliders in Beginner mode and almost had a no-hitter. I had a no-hitter into the 9th inning against the Tigers. Every time I had to face Miguel Cabrera, my hand started to shake ;-)

I usually buy both baseball games every year, and this is the first year I am buying just one, The Show 13!

In addition, the availability of this game being a download makes it all that much sweeter.
Old 03-07-2013, 08:44 AM   #271
Pro

zukes's Arena

OVR: 7

So I am messing around with season mode as I wait to go on vacation, a patch (fix the K #'s) and the OS rosters before I start my franchise.

I played the first game of the season, Rangers at Astros. I figured I would flip a coin every game to decide who to be and I ended up with the Astros. 3-0 Rangers after the top of the first after a couple bloops and a Berkman blast against his former team.

Darvish is just lighting me up for three innings, but then comes the 4th, single, RBI double, bloop single, opposite field 3 run homer on his next 5 or 6 picthes and I'm up 4-3.

I don't get another hit off of Darvish until the 7th inning, he finishes the inning and I am down 9-4.

I ended up losing 10-4 and I have to say, the Astros are just freakin' terrible!!! Yet I loved that the game played out about like it should. It was hard, but it seemed had I gotten a few more breaks (close 3-2 counts where I didn't get the K, instead walked the guy, a couple iffy defensive plays etc.) I may have been able to win.

If I could just figure out how to be more patient and draw some walks this game would be the best ever. A damn shame that they changed their stated philosiphy from the past that they never take anything out of the game options-wise (guess pitch). Still, I am loving this game and will figure something out to generate walks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2013, 08:57 AM   #272
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: Anybody having problems seeing the ball in day games?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrown119
I have been playing the show since '10, and have just begun playing '13.

I don't know if its me, but I am having an unusually difficult time picking up the ball during day games. Not batting, but from the defensive aspect.

Once the ball is hit, its during the transition from pitching (pitching default camera - analog) to the defense - infielders mostly. I don't if it is my imagination or not, but there seems to be a split second flash when transitioning from pitching that confuses me and I end up totally misjudging the play...one time, this is embarassing to say, I thought it was a fly ball to the LF when it was actually a ground ball to 3rd.

I don't think its the game at all.....I think I am just having problems with the brightness during day games this year. I was in exhibition mode Cardinals vs Nationals - day (obviously).

I don't have these problems with '12. Well, except picking the ball up (as a batter) in Cleveland during the day until the shadows covers the mound.....

Is there a way to adjust the brightness? If so, which setting would I change? To me, I would not know the difference between gamma, anti-alising???...xrays....I probably adjust the wrong setting and end up making more stupid plays..

Thanks.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2
Add me to the list on this one. The daylight games are brilliantly lit, and look awesome, especially with that mid-day glare and overall look to the game.... However, picking up the ball on a grounder, especially down the first or third base line, is impossible. I just wait for the umpire's call, and send the outfielder after it...

That being said, I still love the new look and the polish on the game. Once again, I feel like they made the player/field size ratio a bit closer to real life, and with the broadcast cam, it feels like the players take up the correct amount of space with regards to the outfield.

Anyone notice that the fly balls in the outfield are a lot higher than they used to be? Whereas '12 seemed like any fly ball had the same trajectory, I saw Pujols just miss one, and the ball really hung up there like a high pop fly would. Well done.

I also noticed that on a pop up to my pitcher, my third baseman ran right through the pitcher, like he was not even there. Also, as mentioned before, I saw David Ortiz slide right through Robbie Cano breaking up a double play.

I cannot understand, and maybe someone can shed some light on this for me, again... Why we have to make sure the new statues at Oriole Park are in the exact spot, why the color of the outfield fence in Philly has to be the correct shade, and why the shadows at Candlestick have to follow the azimuth of the sun's path on the West Coast, but we still accept players magically morphing through one another?

When the design team is in the big meeting deciding who is going to work on what for the upcoming game, and the lead designer says, "Okay, who wants to tackle collision detection this year, with a realistic and fresh approach?", I just picture guys looking around the room and whistling....

So please, someone come up with a plausible and acceptable answer for me, and tell me why after six years, and with the game being "So real, it' unreal", we still have a very unrealistic representation of spatial awareness and magical teleportation with no regards to physical matter.

Bueller? Anyone?.... Anyone??

~syf

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »