Home

Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread

This is a discussion on Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-07-2013, 12:44 AM   #257
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOOSHNOISE
So I started a new player in RTTS. Alright, this exciting, can't wait to see the new features.

I get into a game, I'm about to bat. The camera is over head the field. It begins to switch to my player when suddenly

SSSSSWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSHHHHHH

SHHHHHVVVVVOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHSSSSSSSHHHHHHSVV VVSHHHHH

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHVVV VVVVRRRRRMMMMMMMMSSSSSSHHHHHHHHH

Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope.

I can't handle it.
I can't handle it.

I can't handle this noise.

Please god tell me there is an alternate way to get rid of this noise besides turning down the special effects volume. I can achieve that, but then I lose the crack of the bat. The crack of the bat, man. The most precious noise in baseball, gone.

I have to be honest, this noise, how did it make it into the final game? I couldn't last one game without being annoyed by it. How did a team of developers and testers not want to jump off a bridge after hearing WWWWWWOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHH for the 1000th time?

I thought the purpose of these new camera angles was immersion?
How is the sound of a jet breaking the sound barrier immersive?

I'm sorry, but a battle of alien races for control of the universe happening over my head breaks immersion. Playing baseball in a wind tunnel breaks immersion. The sound of a 17 foot tall giant blowing on soup to cool it so that it does not burn his giant tongue breaks immersion.

I'm not one to complain about things. I can put up with a lot, I can suspend disbelief when necessary, I have tolerance for many things.

I love the new features of this game, but this flying helicopter that races around the field and lands on my player is painful. Bad call SD Studio, really bad call.
Created an account just for this reason. I love MLB The Show and I have bought it many years, primarily for RTTS.

I was very excited to start my new RTTS player today but this noise is an absolute dealbreaker for me.

It blows my mind that anyone at SCEA thought it was a good idea; it's like chinese water torture.

Please please please please tell me that there is some way to turn this off without turning off the sounds of the baseball game or to fix it with a patch in the future.

Right now it's making what used to be my favorite video game completely unplayable and I am crushed.
Old 03-07-2013, 12:46 AM   #258
MVP

OVR: 10

Had a weird experience happen a few times today where i would manually be controlling my fielder and then all the sudden he would stop in place, or start to run the other direction away from fly ball or grounder?!? Very disruptive. Happened 3 times in 2 games...cost me runs. Didnt happen yesterday, not sure whats up? Didn't do anything out of ordinary (press L2, etc). Anyone else ever experience this?

Still discouraged with not drawing walks. It has always frustrated me in the past with The Show series. If you mess with pitcher accuracy then it seems they just nibble corners, etc. wish i was a better hitter but i know i wont improve to get more than 2-3 a game, if im lucky. Hopefully i can find a solution, ill keep trying.
Old 03-07-2013, 12:57 AM   #259

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

My latest game:

DBacks: 8 runs,15 hits
Reds: 4 runs,9 hits(this 9 hits thing seems to be real consistent.3 of my first 5 games the CPU got exactly 9 hits)

Reds struck out 5 times
DBacks struck out 4 times

Reds with 2HR
DBacks with 1HR

84% of DBacks pitches were strikes
76% of Reds pitches were strikes(I have CPU strike frequency at 2 and it doesn't help much)

Guess I'll be trying all star batting in my next game and see how things end up. Worst scenario is that I just increase my hitting sliders on all star.

Does increasing pitching difficulty(from veteran to all star) improve amount that CPU hits? Cause only change in my throwing I want is amount of strikes I throw. I wanna throw less strikes, but amount of runs/hits CPU gets is already fine. I'm using analog pitching. Maybe switching to pulse pitching would be better?

Last edited by Majingir; 03-07-2013 at 01:02 AM.
Old 03-07-2013, 01:37 AM   #260
Pro

I3RIS3H's Arena

OVR: 8

Just finished my first game as the Royals vs the Rays. Pretty exciting game, but it wasn't pretty defensively on either side.

Shields vs Price
Coming out of the gate both Shields and Price were dominating on the mound.

5th inning came along and poor defense came around from both sides. A Longoria error began the scoring for me and I went up 3-0 by the end of the 5th. Should've been a 5-4-3 DP to end the inning but instead he overthrew the 2b by a good 4 feet.

Top of the 6th Desmond Jennings hit an opposite field HR to make it 3-1.

Next inning, I believe the top of the 7th, was when the Rays really got to me.
Shields pitch count was getting up there, but my defense didn't do him any favors. A standard 6-4-3 DP would've gotten me out of a 1st and 3rd jam, but Hosmer couldn't scoop the throw from Giavotella out of the dirt. Runner scores to make it 3-2. Later in the inning line drive hit to left was misplayed by Gordon (my fault) and the ball was able to get to the wall and give the Rays a 4-3 lead.

In the 8th I was able to get runners on vs the pen and I got one in to tie it 4-4. The winning run was a Moustakas RBI ground into dp.

I could definitely see a noticeable difference between Price and the arms in the pen.
No HR's for me.
NCAA: Kansas Jayhawks
Old 03-07-2013, 01:41 AM   #261
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Happened to me as well. Only problem was it was treated as a foul ball and not a foul tip. I had two strikes on me, and didn't strike out. Good for me, but not programmed correctly. I wonder what happens when you swing?

This game breathes new air compared to 12 when played, though not so much when watched (for example, I was watching gameplay videos before I got it, and I didn't really see the difference, but I definitely feel it).
I can confirm that it is indeed a strikeout if you swing lol.

And yeah, that's why we were constantly saying you have to play it to understand how differently it plays. Videos don't do the gameplay justice, at all.

-- Sent from the Future...

YouTube

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2013, 01:50 AM   #262
Banned

i really like the improvements they have made this year and visually all the presentation stuff looks sweet
the one thing that will be tricky will be getting a hang of the new guess pitch since i relied on it a lot last year
Played 3 games tonight and struck out A LOT the first 2 but improved a lot in my 3rd game even though i only scored 2runs
Old 03-07-2013, 01:55 AM   #263
MVP

Hockeynut99's Arena

The ball is truly alive. Well done SCEA!
Old 03-07-2013, 02:14 AM   #264
Banned

XxJustAguessxX's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasco11
Had a weird experience happen a few times today where i would manually be controlling my fielder and then all the sudden he would stop in place, or start to run the other direction away from fly ball or grounder?!? Very disruptive. Happened 3 times in 2 games...cost me runs. Didnt happen yesterday, not sure whats up? Didn't do anything out of ordinary (press L2, etc). Anyone else ever experience this?

Still discouraged with not drawing walks. It has always frustrated me in the past with The Show series. If you mess with pitcher accuracy then it seems they just nibble corners, etc. wish i was a better hitter but i know i wont improve to get more than 2-3 a game, if im lucky. Hopefully i can find a solution, ill keep trying.

That's funny the same thing happened to me. Richie weeks hit a weak grounder and Freddie freeman just moved outta the way and uggla picked it up. Weeks would later score in the inning.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »