Home

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions (PS3, 360)

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions (PS3, 360) within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-06-2013, 08:27 PM   #113
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions (PS3, 360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love13
Just checked again, it's not there. I'm guessing there's some rhyme or reason as to why it's not there, but for now, I'm just out of luck on the Xbox version. I downloaded the ps3 version last night but I've always preferred the Xbox controller for this franchise because I feel the ps3 are too loose. I also want to try the kinect again after not playing it a ton last year.

Oh well, I guess I'll just keep checking back until it's on there again.
Are you a Silver or Gold XBox Live member? If it's the former, there's a delay between the time new demos are posted and when they're made available to Silver members.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:48 PM   #114
Some say he...

kerosene31's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions (PS3, 360)

Maybe someone can help... I'm lost on simulation. I can only hit a huge draw or fade. Nothing straight. I try to follow the marker and it just shanks.

There's also no yardage anywhere on the course, making it nearly impossible to judge anything. I miss the way true aim was in TW11 (I think it was TW11). Maybe I'm missing some button but that is completely unrealistic for pros. Pros have caddies who know yardage to points on the course.

There's also no way I can read greens? They just look perfectly flat, but they aren't.

I dropped 25 strokes in 2 holes. I think I'm done for the night.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:54 PM   #115
MVP

Hurricain's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerosene31
Maybe someone can help... I'm lost on simulation. I can only hit a huge draw or fade. Nothing straight. I try to follow the marker and it just shanks.

There's also no yardage anywhere on the course, making it nearly impossible to judge anything. I miss the way true aim was in TW11 (I think it was TW11). Maybe I'm missing some button but that is completely unrealistic for pros. Pros have caddies who know yardage to points on the course.

There's also no way I can read greens? They just look perfectly flat, but they aren't.

I dropped 25 strokes in 2 holes. I think I'm done for the night.

For the putts on the xbox I believe it is press back on joystick to read the slope. But I agree with some of your points.

Where is the yardage books or something to at least tell you front and back of green? Also, I know it is to make the game more difficult but not really feeling the "must hit a draw or fade" every time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2013, 09:04 PM   #116
Some say he...

kerosene31's Arena

OVR: 20

It feels like difficulty for the sake of difficulty, not realism. Even tournament you have to hit a draw or a fade. While it only shows a little on the shot, the aiming is like 30 degrees to the side. Am I the only one not able to do that?

Also, the arrow wind meter. I get that it shouldn't tell you exactly, but how do you tell 5 from 15? That's a huge difference and something that would easily be noticeable in real life. Right now conditions are calm, but once things get nasty it will be what feels artificially difficult.

I seem to be in the minority on this so maybe I'm just not good at this game. I bumped down to tour pro, but then I'll just be competing with the -50 people.

Also, I'm disappointed that there is no way to see your surroundings when stuck in the trees. Is that branch going to stop your shot or not? No way to tell other than to guess and pray.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:54 PM   #117
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
Are you a Silver or Gold XBox Live member? If it's the former, there's a delay between the time new demos are posted and when they're made available to Silver members.
This may be that rhyme or reason that I had in mind. I have no idea about levels of Xbox live, like I said I normally prefer ps3. But judging by my lack of knowledge about the levels, I would assume I am simply the basic entry level which would make this explanation make sense.

I guess I'll just keep checking back until I see it.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:35 PM   #118
Rookie

cccgolfer08's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:

Also, the arrow wind meter. I get that it shouldn't tell you exactly, but how do you tell 5 from 15? That's a huge difference and something that would easily be noticeable in real life. Right now conditions are calm, but once things get nasty it will be what feels artificially difficult.
I can maybe try and help on the wind meter. You really will need to pay attention how much the wind plays on the first couple holes when you're playing 18 holes this year, that will give you a gauge on how much it will play the whole round. Another way you can somewhat gauge it is by the fluttering of the wind arrow.. if it is fluttering kind of fast and hard, it is a higher wind, if it isn't really moving at all, it is pretty calm... You can also kind of judge by how much the grass/trees are blowing.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:56 PM   #119
MVP

Gerg04's Arena

OVR: 5
Quote:

There's also no yardage anywhere on the course, making it nearly impossible to judge anything.
In the top left corner. You'll see: GOLFERS NAME, their score, then underneath is what stroke your hitting and distance to flag.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by Gerg04; 03-06-2013 at 11:12 PM.
Old 03-06-2013, 11:10 PM   #120
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
It feels like difficulty for the sake of difficulty, not realism. Even tournament you have to hit a draw or a fade. While it only shows a little on the shot, the aiming is like 30 degrees to the side. Am I the only one not able to do that?

I seem to be in the minority on this so maybe I'm just not good at this game. I bumped down to tour pro, but then I'll just be competing with the -50 people.

Also, I'm disappointed that there is no way to see your surroundings when stuck in the trees. Is that branch going to stop your shot or not? No way to tell other than to guess and pray.
You should familiarize yourself with the EA Tiger forums as the Devs and GameChangers are helping answer numerous questions and all your questions are being answered there.....

Xbox One Elite Controller

The Golf Club 2

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »