Home

Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread

This is a discussion on Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-06-2013, 08:14 PM   #233
MVP

slthree's Arena

OVR: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvman
Can I ask how you pitch?
I use Classic pitching. It's been my favorite for years. Most of us who loved "High Heat" back years ago were introduced to a system of pitching that had pitches miss their spot randomly.

The Show has perfected that. If someone has great coordination they can master meter pitching and pulse pitching. But, no man alive can master Classic pitching.

If you're using a scrub pitcher and try to throw a ball in the dirt to an elite hitter, it may likely drift right over the middle of the plate and you'll quickly be uttering expletives!

Sent from the best smartphone in the world using Tapatalk 2
Old 03-06-2013, 08:24 PM   #234
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
Maybe I didn't notice last year but I just had Hamilton foul tip a ball into the catchers glove, thought it was pretty cool.
That must be new because just like you I've never seen it. That is pretty damn sweet. This is a perfect example of a part of the game that you overlook, but when it's added it's one of those little things that adds a lot to the game.
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea
Old 03-06-2013, 08:37 PM   #235
Rookie

fakingmysuicide's Arena

OVR: 0

I'm not getting the bloop hits everyone else is, still haven't seen one should I lower solid hit slider?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2013, 08:47 PM   #236
MVP

slthree's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fakingmysuicide
I'm not getting the bloop hits everyone else is, still haven't seen one should I lower solid hit slider?
Yes

I did see bloops before I dropped the solid hit slider but dropping it helped a lot. I have it set at 2 for both user and cpu and I'm loving it.

For those new to the series, it doesn't hurt power numbers and you'll still see well hit balls

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
Old 03-06-2013, 08:47 PM   #237
Rookie

BallisticBob's Arena

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chai2112
I've also noticed that infielders have this odd slow reaction to grounders hit near them. It seems almost as though they stand still for a second or two and then make an akward dive at the ball, whereas in 12, the reaction seemed much faster and smoother.
I am not sure that this is a problem. It seems like the quality of the fielder has a much bigger impact on 13 than 12. For example, I replaced Starlin Castro with a AAA SS in spring training and the difference was noticeable. I'd be curious to hear what others think.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old 03-06-2013, 08:57 PM   #238
MVP

slthree's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallisticBob
I am not sure that this is a problem. It seems like the quality of the fielder has a much bigger impact on 13 than 12. For example, I replaced Starlin Castro with a AAA SS in spring training and the difference was noticeable. I'd be curious to hear what others think.
Couldn't agree more. I'm now going to sound like a broken record but I love fielding and you better believe fielder ratings matter. Knight and company told us as much after community day. SCEA delivered!

You better replace a poor fielder late in the game or you will likely pay.

Last edited by slthree; 03-06-2013 at 09:01 PM.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:08 PM   #239
MVP

slthree's Arena

You have to play in the minor league stadium called Bayfront center or Bayfront stadium or something like that. It has a roller coaster and a Ferris wheel in the outfield.

Even on replays the roller coaster runs. Very cool.

That brings me to a request for the Devs:

What about the possibility of more Custom Stadiums, like way out there fantasy Stadiums?

I'm a very, very sim player but would love to play a game here and there in a unique place.

Old 03-06-2013, 09:12 PM   #240
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12

Is it just me or does base running look weird. Seems like players run on a X and Y line, stiff, with no lean when running bases live, just don't look right in a game that looks this good.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »