Home

Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread

This is a discussion on Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-06-2013, 11:23 AM   #177
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread

One more thing I noticed is that checking your swing seems to be harder than it was in 12. Anyone else notice this? I prefer it the old way.
Old 03-06-2013, 11:25 AM   #178
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chai2112
One more thing I noticed is that checking your swing seems to be harder than it was in 12. Anyone else notice this? I prefer it the old way.
I've noticed it with the normal swing. They still seem to check swing okay when it's around the plate, but when it's way off the plate and my itchy trigger finger just accidentally taps X, they'll go waving at it quite often.

Another thing I've noticed is baserunners go around bases much more slowly this year. Maybe it's their way of remedying issues with too many triples or something. That, or maybe it has to do with my baserunning slider being above 5, and they maybe round the bases at "5" speed.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 03-06-2013, 11:25 AM   #179
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigredmachine87
Does anyone think hitting is a little too easy? Or maybe it's everyone I've been playing online sucks.
These are my stats from games I've played

5 runs on 9 hits (8 innings)
7 runs on 9 hits (9 innings)
5 runs on 7 hits (9 innings)
4 runs on 5 hits (9 innings)
2 runs on 3 hits (5 innings) I tapped out
8 runs on 14hits (9 innings)
1 runs on 2 hits (7 innings)
4 runs on 12hits (9 innings)
6 runs on 12hits(9 innings)

MLB average is 8 hits a game and 4 runs.
Better to see this imo than the stifling 1-0, 2-1 games that were more the norm last year.
Old 03-06-2013, 11:28 AM   #180
Rookie

OVR: 2
In the 5 RTTS games I've played I haven't noticed any pitcher glitch while playing on my disc version w/ the 10gb install. Really loving the game so far!

Can someone explain to me please the new Guess Pitch? I've only seen it light up if I guess BOTH location and pitch type. This was not the case last year. I've only played RTTS so far, all-star difficulty, Guess Pitch set to classic.

Also what is the difference between Classic and PCI? (I've never really changed this setting in the past). Thanks guys.
Old 03-06-2013, 11:34 AM   #181
Rookie

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
So I got my first ever broken bat single, and what do you know.. it's not a trophy this year.

So, right now you're averaging 5.7 runs and 9.9 hits per 9 innings. Yeah, that's a little more than average, but I think online is somewhat a different kind of game, no? Can't adjust sliders, more strikes are thrown (probably meaning you're walking less), and I totally agree that you haven't faced your best competition yet.

Eh, it's just a small sample size. What team are you playing as, and what teams are you playing against? Either it will pan out, or remain inflated. I don't really know how online play works when it comes to realism more so than when it comes to competition.

I played
Indians
Tigers
Brewers
Dodgers
Nationals
Cardinals
Indians
Red Sox
Mariners
Red Sox

All played with the Reds. But yeah, online play probably isn't a good basis. Saying the skill level could jump from a 8 year old playing his first game to an obsessed fan that players 60 games a day with each game.

I haven't actually played a game against the CPU yet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2013, 11:35 AM   #182
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I've noticed it with the normal swing. They still seem to check swing okay when it's around the plate, but when it's way off the plate and my itchy trigger finger just accidentally taps X, they'll go waving at it quite often.

Another thing I've noticed is baserunners go around bases much more slowly this year. Maybe it's their way of remedying issues with too many triples or something. That, or maybe it has to do with my baserunning slider being above 5, and they maybe round the bases at "5" speed.

I've noticed that as well regarding the check swing on pitches outside (as well as in the strike zone), and I'm using zone + analog.

I've also noticed that infielders have this odd slow reaction to grounders hit near them. It seems almost as though they stand still for a second or two and then make an akward dive at the ball, whereas in 12, the reaction seemed much faster and smoother.
Old 03-06-2013, 11:39 AM   #183
Rookie

OVR: 3

I still have yet to win a game. I always take the lead early and then make some stupid error somehow or give up a long ball give away the lead. Then I stop hitting
Old 03-06-2013, 11:54 AM   #184
Rookie

JasonZimmerman's Arena

OVR: 0
I love the game! They finally got Great American Ballpark somewhat right, Reds logo behind home plate looks perfect, I like that they put the LED standings banners up in LF, but they are blank, Why put them in if they are blank? And the Tundra fan give away truck is missing, but I figured it was a liecensing issue.

The lighting in day games is much better! Also night games look great! Uniforms look amazing, but I did notice the logo on the hats being a bit to low that someone mentioned, but whatever, not a big deal.

I just love the gameplay, the graphics are crazy nice, Jay Bruce's and Joey Votto's HR swings are money! Brandon Phillips stance is jaw dropping! As is Matt Latos's pitch delievery.

A little dissappointed in the fireworks after a homerun at GABP, they are way to quite, they are booming loud on tv in real life, and in the game you can barley hear them. Some people complain about them not having flames coming out of the smokestacks after a strikeout, but they never show them on TV anyway, so it's not a big deal to me.

One thing I was hoping they would change but didn't, the umpires are still in short sleeves when its 40 degrees.

I bought the download version. I started downloading it at 12:03 a.m., at 10:00 a.m. it still wasn't done! I got my money back from PSN, and went and bought the disc version, no problems with shuttering.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »