Home

Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread

This is a discussion on Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-05-2013, 08:21 PM   #73
ajw
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread

What is the deal with the huge NY on the Yankee helmets? I mean it is huge. This has to be fixed. I want realistic uniforms. Not cartoon looking. I look for realism in a game like this. Can this be fixed with a patch? Thanks in advance.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:22 PM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 1

Just observing observations so far...Looks like the two main issues so far is the Stutter and first pitch Balls. Would that be correct?

So far as the Stutter is concerned JMO but, it's probably because SCEA has essentially Maxed out the PS3 Processors. The game is probably on the very edge of how far the PS3 can go.
If some people experience it and others not, it could involve several issues mainly around your PS3 and how old it is . But I'm not an expert.

Keep up the good work boys! Unfortunately because of the snowstorm, I'll have to wait until tomorrow night for MY OpeningDay
Old 03-05-2013, 08:24 PM   #75
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Impressions Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed
One very nice thing added to the in game graphics is in the popup baserunner box. The baserunner box now has a bar on top and bottom of it which show the baserunner's speed and baserunning skill. Used to have to know it or look on another screen to find it. Nice to see it added into the "live" game.
OMG, thank you for posting this. As a former High Heat gamer I've always wanted this in the show.

I didn't buy MLB 12 as I skipped last year, would I be seeing a big upgrade from MLB 11 to MLB 13?
Streaming PC & PS5 games, join me most nights after 6:00pm ET at WWW. KICK.COM/ODOGG

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2013, 08:30 PM   #76
Pro

OVR: 5
After playing some more I'm starting to get really frustrated with how just about every ball put in play is hit really hard. Double plays are turned so fast that my runner is out at first by 4 steps routinely, mainly because the ball rockets off the bat.

Still having issues scoring from second on singles, I had Hardy on second after a double and then Markakis lines a hard single to right. I sent hardy just to see how close the play would be at the plate. He was thrown out by 20 feet at least.

What sliders can be adjusted to fix this? Maybe it's still a small sample size but since I have noticed it, I am really noticing that the majority of balls put on play are hit really hard.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:33 PM   #77
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxbombers21325
I've had several walks. It's just every first pitch has been a strike thru about 2 games now.
If you're taking them continually the CPU picks up on that and will continue to pour first pitch strikes across the plate to get ahead of the count. If you make them pay on a few first pitch strikes you'll see the CPU start to try to get you to chase the first pitch.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:34 PM   #78
MVP

nick_sr's Arena

1.absolute masterpiece from a graphical standpoint
2.offline game play is very smooth
3.noticed you can still throw runners out at first very easily
4.a lot of high strikes
5.love the new pci
6.online still laggy
7.not too thrilled with the amount of player photos missing
8.the "eta" system has me a bit confused, guys are drafted at 19 but won't arrive until 2024?
9.turned off throw meter after one inning lol
10.fielding/throwing feels more realistic
Old 03-05-2013, 08:36 PM   #79
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

The new ball physics jumped out at me right away. You can tell the difference right aways. Hit variety in the small period of time I've been able to play the game has been off the charts.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:40 PM   #80
MVP

nick_sr's Arena

this game has made me the happiest man in the world

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »