Home

Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread

This is a discussion on Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-05-2013, 07:07 PM   #65
dare i say...en fuego?

BravesBoy's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Impressions Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsfan4life
Same here. Walked twice the first inning I played lol. Be patient.
Exactly, if your willing to be patient and watch pitches your gonna see plenty of balls. I've gotten into a 2-0 count several times in the 3,4 games ive played so far
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2013, 07:08 PM   #66
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsfan4life
Same here. Walked twice the first inning I played lol. Be patient.
I've had several walks. It's just every first pitch has been a strike thru about 2 games now.
Old 03-05-2013, 07:12 PM   #67
Pro

pokerlife's Arena

OVR: 7

Just got done checking the game out!
Have to say after watching all the early gameplay videos from those who got there early copies had me a little disappointed.

It looked like the same game as last year.. All i can say is you have to play it to feel the difference. The fielding animations and the game itself is soooo much smoother and just feels right.
To be honest it doesn't even feel like the show to me. Hard to explain but it just feels like a fresh experience .

Loving the new throw meter and how the plays at first look just right in regards to how the close the runner is to being safe or out.. Absolutely perfect!
Old 03-05-2013, 07:13 PM   #68
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

OVR: 2

Is there anything that can be done about this stuttering? It is happening almost every pitch when the ball comes out of the pitchers hand. It is making the game almost unplayable.
Old 03-05-2013, 07:25 PM   #69
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by erich20012001
Just had Marco Scutaro lose 10 points in a bunch of attributes right at the start of the season. If this was on purpose, I think it's a cool way to have a player dramatically lose skill. If not, I'll post it in the bug thread later.
It's not a bug.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 03-05-2013, 07:44 PM   #70
Rookie

OVR: 1

So recently I have been trying the Beginner Mode to try to see the progression of the settings. With Beginner Mode I started a Angels franchise and right now I am 4 and 0. With it stated earlier it is pretty difficult not to win as hitting is ridiculously in your favor. With my 4 games my scores are 13-0, 9-6,10-0 and 13-0. With the 9-6 game for some reason the CPU was just able to hit off CJ Wilson and was a little bit competitive.

Also I noticed that if you play under the Beginner settings the game turns off the variable calls from the umpire so every call is a precise call of balls and strikes. It also turns off injuries and fielding is Auto Fielding yet they give you a tutorial on how to throw to each base.
Old 03-05-2013, 07:44 PM   #71
Rookie

Number2DJ's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread

I haven't played that much of the game yet, but I can say I absolutely love how they've increased the broadcasts clips in menus.

Other than the stuttering that keeps happening, everything is great so far.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2013, 07:45 PM   #72
Rookie

OVR: 5

Finished a second play now game. My Cubs at Fenway vs. The Sox.

Default All-Star batting using the right stick

Classic Pitching

All sliders still at default.

Lost 6-4. Boston 2 dbls, 2 HR. I had one Dbl. 2 walks for me 1 for Boston.

Both team pitch counts in the mid 130's. My strike pct 65, Bostons 70% but then I chased a ton of pitches. That will get better over time. 46 foul balls between the teams (awesome). So far not seeing much, if anything, that will need to be adjusted here. I know with patience I can get a good number of walks. It was both frustrating and fun to watch Boston's RP when he found out I'd chase his curveball into the dirt. Yeah, he just kept throwing it and I kept chasing it If it's not broke don't fix it

If I stay too consistent with my pitching I may have to lower my consistency slider to give more walks. However just two games and with them not really counting it's not like I was nibbling to guys like Ortiz.

Not sure about OF speed. I hit a couple of balls hard to the gap (rollers on the ground) that didn't get through but it's not like they were "no doubters". Maybe resistance is actually right in this years version slowing down the ball and in previous versions the groundball got through too quickly? Boston's two dbls were to the corners. Mine was to the RCF gap by Soriano and I thought at first the OF was going to catch up to it. I thought it was a no doubter but on replay it did have a lot of air under it I think it was ok that the fielders came close to getting there. It would take some time to figure fielder speed out when basing it on only my games. Will be watching slider threads at OS as this usually gets narrowed down pretty quickly.

It will be the same for IF reaction, and speed of throws. While in my two game sample they don't look bad it will be OS where a slider guru will get it figured out soon. For all I know the gurus may find that default for IF and OF speed and throwing is just fine at default.

Night game this time and the visuals keep getting better. The way the tops of the caps would show light and shadow under the stadium lights was very cool. Just little slivers of light on the tops of the quarter panels as players moved about, nice detail.

One very nice thing added to the in game graphics is in the popup baserunner box. The baserunner box now has a bar on top and bottom of it which show the baserunner's speed and baserunning skill. Used to have to know it or look on another screen to find it. Nice to see it added into the "live" game.

It's going to be fun playing this this summer other than I'll use my Cubs and will probably get my brains beat it

FWIW I am getting first pitch balls playing on all-star default hitting.

No stuttering here either. 10 gig install, slim ps3 ~2 yrs old. ~5 yr old 1080p 47 inch Phillips TV running The Show at 720p.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »