Home

Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread

This is a discussion on Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-05-2013, 04:26 PM   #41
Pro

smiley3's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Impressions Thread

This is by far the best Show game, every is polished from players faces to stadiums to gameplay.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2013, 04:48 PM   #42
Banned

OVR: 18

11 and 12 are so good it is very difficult to make this game any better on the PS3.

Graphics are a shade sharper and the new animations are great. Ball physics are improved as well.

I use Meter Pitching on 11 and 12 HOF difficulty and I can say that this year it is more difficult to hit your spots.

They gotta patch the stuttering. I am also seeing what I can only describe as motion blur on a few fielding plays. I never experienced anything like this on 11 or 12. I will play the game but if the stuttering issue cannot be resolved 11 and 12 wil get more of my playing time.

Went into vault to check out slider sets. It seems as if you cannot view the set before you choose to download it? Please change that back.
Old 03-05-2013, 04:53 PM   #43
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonkyr
I know it seems like a small issue....but am I the only one that noticed how far down the logos are on each teams hats?

*If you can't tell....instant reply....zoom in on any fielders hat*

(posted here too because people were upset that I made my own thread about this topic)
I have noticed this as well. I also feel the Mariners "S" is a bit too small on the field hats. Nitpicky, i know. It's been that way for some time. Not the end of the world, just pointing it out.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:05 PM   #44
MVP

sydrogerdavid's Arena

OVR: 27

I'm not sure it's been mentioned, but I'm sure it's been noticed. I love the nice touch of the radio sound that comes through with the voices when you are playing in the minors in RTTS. I sure it will change to a more normal, TV broadcast sound once I make it to the majors.

Last edited by sydrogerdavid; 03-05-2013 at 05:19 PM.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:26 PM   #45
100 Miles To Go

Curahee's Arena

OVR: 42

After about 2 years off of it, I decided to try out RTTS again because of the new presentations.

The first pitch of my career? 3 run HR to CF! Looks like Ive got something productive to do while I wait for OSFM!

New presentations are great and it seems like the mode has been streamlined from the last time I played in MLB10.

Thanks SCEA!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2013, 05:28 PM   #46
RTTS Junkie

BSUFAN's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curahee
After about 2 years off of it, I decided to try out RTTS again because of the new presentations.

The first pitch of my career? 3 run HR to CF! Looks like Ive got something productive to do while I wait for OSFM!

New presentations are great and it seems like the mode has been streamlined from the last time I played in MLB10.

Thanks SCEA!
Sweet, BTW Go Blackhawks !!!!!
St. Louis Cardinals
Chicago Blackhawks
Los Angeles Lakers

Old 03-05-2013, 05:34 PM   #47
Pro

OVR: 8

Just wish SCEA would change the "Let's Go A's" chant (it sounds like 5 low-pitch voices chanting it) to "Let's Go Oakland" boom, boom boomboomboom like us fans do at every A's game. Would immediately make the atmosphere at the O.co much more immersive...
Old 03-05-2013, 05:43 PM   #48
Rookie

El Rustito's Arena

OVR: 0

Initially tried out batting practice with Aaron Hill. Enjoyed the new hitting angle after you make contact. More involving than previous editions. Pitching practice felt good too, if similar to previous installments.

Did an exhibition game between the Diamondbacks (myself) against the Braves. Since it's spring training, I chose Flagstone Field as the stadium and chose to use the warmup uniforms, but the Braves just wore their usual roadies. Not sure how to choose unis for the opposing team, honestly, or if it's possible. Came across some stuttering around the fourth and fifth innings, but then it died off. Game felt a little slower than previous installments for some reason.

Loaded up RTTS, made myself as a second baseman in the D-backs organization. To be honest, I'm not entirely sold on the new features yet, as I find the zoom in-zoom out between actions a bit irritating compared to the simple "fast-forwarding to your next blah blah blah" from older games. But I noticed it less and less as the first game wore on. I do like having a little more control on the field, such as being able to look around again, and at the jumbotron and third base coach.

Just tried to start a Diamond Dynasty team, and no matter what name I type in for my team, I get an "An error has occurred on the server" message. Will just try this later, I guess. Really hoping we can be the home team now in offline games.

Last edited by El Rustito; 03-05-2013 at 05:47 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention RTTS.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »