Home

Current List of Free Agents in MLB 13 The Show

This is a discussion on Current List of Free Agents in MLB 13 The Show within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-02-2013, 10:39 PM   #49
MVP

AUTiger1's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Current List of Free Agents in MLB 13 The Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddies3angels
OSFM is the roster that is created from this site. They go through and edit tons of players + do full minor league system. Best roster you can download easy. Usually takes like 1 month for it to get all done
And OSFM stands for Operation Sports Full Minors.
Detroit Red Wings
Winnipeg Jets
Old 03-03-2013, 04:04 AM   #50
MVP

geisterhome's Arena

OVR: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by AUTiger1
And OSFM stands for Operation Sports Full Minors.
never knew what it stands for. thank you.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

-Glad to be an Operation Sports Member!-
Old 03-04-2013, 03:25 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddies3angels
OSFM is the roster that is created from this site. They go through and edit tons of players + do full minor league system. Best roster you can download easy. Usually takes like 1 month for it to get all done
Thank you! My bad totally. I had totally forgotten about that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2013, 03:55 PM   #52
Rookie

DAWNofALDUIN's Arena

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseballking888
Yes. If I remember correctly, they'll have their real mugshots with the correct hat on in the updated roster.
Anyone know what time they'll release the roster update? Will it be at midnight or later that day?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-04-2013, 04:22 PM   #53
Banned

CubsHOF's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Consistent hitter? In the first half of last season he was God offensive and the 2nd half he was one of the worst hitters in baseball. He's not that good of a hitter overall and 150 plus strikeouts as a leadoff hitter with few walks is not a good leadoff hitter. He's a career .272 hitter. That really screams great leadoff hitter. I'm one of the few Braves fans that wanted no part of re-signing Bourn and I'm so glad he's gone.
Those numbers really do not mean anything, baseball is about value. In the past 3 years Bourn has put 15.1 WAR putting him well within the top 10% of the league. A great deal of his value comes from defense and speed as The Show adequately represents. He had a .348 OBP last season along with a ton of value for his steals, making him nearly the most valuable leadoff hitter in the league even if not all his skills are indicative of a prototypical leadoff hitter.
Old 03-04-2013, 04:24 PM   #54
Banned

CubsHOF's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatArmy
And so, those of us who dislike ratings numbers instead of bars, we present a thread full of our evidence as to why.
Not really, in years before the bar would have been in the same place now it just has a number to tell you what that bar represents.
Old 03-04-2013, 04:41 PM   #55
Banned

CubsHOF's Arena

Quote:
Bourn's average for the season last year was .274. I don't know where you got .283 at. But considering he was around .330 at the ASG break and ended at .274 should tell you how terrible he was in the 2nd half of the season. I don't like prototypical leadoff hitters that strikeout 155 times in 155 games. That's what Bourn did last year. I like for my leadoff hitters to actually put the ball in play as well as get on base which Bourn does do well despite not walking a ton.
You should be disappointed that Bourn is gone. Your team signed BJ Upton to replace him and he was never sniffed a 6 WAR season and you paid him $75.25 million over 5 seasons for $15.05 a season, Bourn signed a much more team friendly 4 year / $48 million contract. Bourn has been much more valuable than Upton over his career and has 4 years in a row of superior value. Upton has never been that consistent or as productive as Bourn. Upton's strike out rate is 4% higher than Bourn and you paid more for him, not much reason to be excited that Bourn is gone.

Your argument about Bourn falling off in the second half is missing perspective. Bourn put up a 6 WAR season last year with him falling off in the second half, he may not of hit but he still got on base. Let us be clear there were only 14 players in the league last year with a 6 WAR. Had he continued to hit .330 he would have came out with an 8-9 WAR and been a MVP candidate. You are talking like he is total crap because he is not, when all it means is he was the 13th best player last year instead of top 2.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2013, 04:42 PM   #56
Banned

CubsHOF's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAWNofALDUIN
Anyone know what time they'll release the roster update? Will it be at midnight or later that day?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I believe it is all ready out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »