Home

Pre-Order MLB 13 The Show From PSN Store & Download at 12:01 AM EST, March 5th

This is a discussion on Pre-Order MLB 13 The Show From PSN Store & Download at 12:01 AM EST, March 5th within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-03-2013, 09:27 PM   #193
Rookie

bautistabomb's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Pre-Order MLB 13 The Show From PSN Store & Download at 12:01 AM EST, March 5th

Does anyone know if you need to actually pre-order the game in order to get the $10 credit, the $120 Million budget for Franchise and the free theme? I was think of waiting until just after midnight to buy it and come on here to see how big the file is and how fast it was downloading for most people. Don't have a midnight release where I am, but if the game is gonna take 10+ hours to download I would just as soon wait to go to EB games when it opens up at 9am. I have no issues with my connection as I get 50Mbps down, but just worried the PSN will be really bogged down with everyone going on and downloading at midnight. Also PSN going down for maintenance tomorrow don't want to chance that there is delays and that I won't get the game as soon as possible.
Old 03-03-2013, 09:35 PM   #194
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: Pre-Order MLB 13 The Show From PSN Store & Download at 12:01 AM EST, March 5th

Quote:
Originally Posted by bautistabomb
Does anyone know if you need to actually pre-order the game in order to get the $10 credit, the $120 Million budget for Franchise and the free theme? I was think of waiting until just after midnight to buy it and come on here to see how big the file is and how fast it was downloading for most people. Don't have a midnight release where I am, but if the game is gonna take 10+ hours to download I would just as soon wait to go to EB games when it opens up at 9am. I have no issues with my connection as I get 50Mbps down, but just worried the PSN will be really bogged down with everyone going on and downloading at midnight. Also PSN going down for maintenance tomorrow don't want to chance that there is delays and that I won't get the game as soon as possible.
The $10 credit deal is seperate, that runs all the way through to the end of March and isn't limited to the Show. For every $50 you spend in March (and the few days before it since this was announced) you get $10 store credit back in April.

I'm not sure about the Theme and franchise bonus though (nor do I particularly care).

Hadn't heard about PSN maintenance tomorrow, either.
Old 03-03-2013, 09:38 PM   #195
Pro

OVR: 7

PlayStation ‏@PlayStation
Updated timing: PSN maintenance tomorrow, 3/4 from 5am - 9pm Pacific Time. Online play still be accessible if you've logged in recently

Updated timing: PSN maintenance tomorrow, 3/4 from 5am - 9pm Pacific Time. Online play still be accessible if you've logged in recently
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2013, 09:44 PM   #196
Rookie

DeathMetal's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by woz411

Why do I get this feeling that PSN won't be up by midnight tomorrow...

Old 03-03-2013, 09:53 PM   #197
Rookie

bautistabomb's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by woz411

Yep, not looking good. Does maintenance usually take longer than expected? Maintenance will be ongoing right until midnight eastern time tomorrow according to this. Looks like i'll be going the disk route, definatively not going to pre-order now. I'll check on here shortly after midnight tomorrow to see if PSN is back up, somehow I doubt it.
Old 03-03-2013, 09:59 PM   #198
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Well, they sure picked a hell of a time for that...
Old 03-03-2013, 10:11 PM   #199
Pro

FloorGeneral's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise

Well, they sure picked a hell of a time for that...
No joke. How shortsighted can they be? Doing maintenance on the very night your very popular, system exclusive game is being released, as a day 1 download? Not smart at all...
Old 03-03-2013, 10:19 PM   #200
Rookie

OVR: 0

im gonna assume the maintenance is to get ready for the download as well. Be confident people we gonna get the game in time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »