Home

MLB 13 The Show Video - Atlanta Braves vs. Colorado Rockies

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show Video - Atlanta Braves vs. Colorado Rockies within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-02-2013, 03:40 AM   #57
MVP

OVR: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalbird7
I heard MLB 2k13 has good commentary. You should try that game out and let us know how much fun you have.
I get both every year. Im not bashing the game. If youve played the Show the last several years, then you would have top admit that there is a considerable difference.
Somethings a-miss with the commentary.
Old 03-02-2013, 08:31 AM   #58
Rookie

Bulls321974's Arena

OVR: 6
I love the game but SCEA's inability to get team colors right is really starting to annoy me. The Rockies still got black batting helmets instead of purple metallic. I don't get it...
Old 03-02-2013, 10:46 AM   #59
Banned

OVR: 2
the crowd seems a little raucus for the first inning. Not sure Rockies fans should be cheering so loudly when Upton gets a basehit to start the game. Crowd emotion definitely needs to be worked on. Most baseball games I have heard and seen are not loud until a homerun, or late-inning situations.
Old 03-02-2013, 10:51 AM   #60
MVP

OVR: 46
Re: MLB 13 The Show Video - Atlanta Braves vs. Colorado Rockies

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
As far as ball/bat physics, you can actually see then in real-time in PYS because the game is a much slower battery pace. If you replayed at bats in The Show, you would see they are now too shabby and much improved over past versions. I agree PYS does have the edge.

Hit variety/hit types isn't that much different between the two, and I would classify both as very good. I can't say I enjoy anything gameplay-wise about 2K, but that's just me.

As for presentation, I personally don't think you'll see anything in MLB13 that will impress you, or be to your expectations, unfortunately. Now (commentary and stats) presentation-wise 2K does get the nod over the other two series.

And as a reference, these are the baseball games I own and have played extensively, from this generation... minus 2K8, which I sold back:

-- Sent from the Future...
they way you laid out the games and controller, looks like a game of Galaga. Your ship/controller is toast!

ok that was for us oldies. lol

disappointing to hear about the presentation, but I was starting to get that sinking feeling, after seeing the videos and the lack of a blog or any significant talk about the upgrades there. Ah well.

agree about the pys/physics.

Maybe this year I'll just rock it used. wait till OSFM and then see what price I can get it at on Opening Day.

Thanks for the honesty.
Old 03-02-2013, 11:27 AM   #61
OS Brew Connoisseur

Motown's Arena

OVR: 41

I think the game looks great. The only thing I'm concerned about is all the stuttering & framerate drops. I've peeped ALL these clips from an Ipad,Kindle,3 laptops, AND my PS3 youtube HD...& I'm seein' a TON of studdering & framedrops. I hope it's not as bad as it looks from these clips.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2013, 11:48 AM   #62
Just started!

OVR: 0

so if walt weiss is in the game.... then which managers are missing? I heard francona is missing?
Old 03-03-2013, 09:01 PM   #63
Rookie

bad bad bad bad

Old 03-03-2013, 09:28 PM   #64
Banned

I wonder if some of you guys enjoy anything completely.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »