Home

MLB 13 The Show Video - Los Angeles Angels vs. Texas Rangers

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show Video - Los Angeles Angels vs. Texas Rangers within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-01-2013, 10:22 PM   #41
MVP

crains13's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: MLB 13 The Show Video - Los Angeles Angels vs. Texas Rangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend.
It might look the same watching it on the Internet, but I can guarantee it will feel a lot different once you get your hands on the game and play it yourself. I felt the same way last year about the ball physics and I didn't see much difference personally, but once I got the game and played it myself... I noticed the changes right away. I recommend waiting until you get the game yourself until making assumptions if the game is different or not. You can't judge The Show by just watching gameplay videos on the internet, you have to play it yourself to get the full, great experience.
There you have it folks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2013, 10:24 PM   #42
Banned

LivenDieBaseball's Arena

OVR: 0

Maybe you are right, but with more than a few videos already out, the sample size is enough for at least one video to show something different.
Old 03-01-2013, 10:27 PM   #43
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29

I like the new camera angles and some of the new presentation. Although some of the ribbons are not the new ones, they've put a lot of work in the visual aspect of the game.

Old 03-01-2013, 10:33 PM   #44
Rookie

zfarrow's Arena

OVR: 1
Can I just say that, while I love the idea of the post-game player of the game interview, that microphone looks terrible?! Kind of shocking compared to the rest of the presentation/graphics. Looks like an amazing game, can't wait to play it, but I just had to say that.

whew. done.
Old 03-01-2013, 10:38 PM   #45
87%

ty5oke's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
http://youtu.be/iRayxYAhs0E?t=16m10s

Here! The way the ball bounces off the way looks different to me which shows the new physics off a bit. Too lazy to look for more visual proof.
Compare to this 2B by Butler: http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play****p?c...65671&c_id=mlb Replace ** with ". j s "

I always feel like the OF's get to these balls to quickly or the runners are slower? Feels like there are a lot more close plays on 2B's in the Show than in real life. Butler is about 1 sec slower in the show in this example.

It's probably hard to program the lolly-gagging most OF's do when a ball goes into the corner, but its just something that always catches my eye when playing.

Operation Sports OOTP League

Last edited by ty5oke; 03-01-2013 at 10:41 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2013, 10:46 PM   #46
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty5oke
Compare to this 2B by Butler: http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play****p?c...65671&c_id=mlb Replace ** with ". j s "

I always feel like the OF's get to these balls to quickly or the runners are slower? Feels like there are a lot more close plays on 2B's in the Show than in real life. Butler is about 1 sec slower in the show in this example.

It's probably hard to program the lolly-gagging most OF's do when a ball goes into the corner, but its just something that always catches my eye when playing.
Its been a problem for a while at least for me. I turn down fielder speed and reaction and turn up baserunner speed a bit, but it doesn't do a whole lot to alleviate it for me.

Outfielders have always gotten to balls much more quickly in the show than in real life. I thought it was mentioned in the CD threads that they worked on this. That more varying routes would be taken or something. I think maybe having the outfielders pick up balls a bit more slowly off the wall and definitely have them not get to ground balls down the line as fast might help. In MLB games you see a lot of groundball down the line doubles, but its hard to do in the game.

There are a lot of examples that just don't seem possible in the game. Maybe its the way balls bounce off the grass, they seem to die faster than in real life.
***= . j s
http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play***p?co...12215&c_id=mlb (can we not post mlb.com links?)
http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play***p?co...ar_of_the_game
http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play***p?co...22855&c_id=mlb

I'm sure there are more examples of balls getting cutoff like in The Show, but I would love to see balls hit down the line, especially ground balls and line drives that land on the infield and go past the 3rd baseman result in more doubles as in real life.

Last edited by MrOldboy; 03-01-2013 at 10:57 PM.
Old 03-01-2013, 10:49 PM   #47
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivenDieBaseball
Based in what I've seen from all the videos, I don't see any difference. Same swings, same outcomes, same animations.
I'm sorry, but you're not very observant then.
Old 03-01-2013, 10:54 PM   #48
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by LivenDieBaseball
Stupid fanboys.
Troll more.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »