Home

MLB 13 The Show Videos - Chicago White Sox vs. Chicago Cubs and More

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show Videos - Chicago White Sox vs. Chicago Cubs and More within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-01-2013, 07:57 AM   #41
BING BONG

DieHardYankee26's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: MLB 13 The Show Videos - Chicago White Sox vs. Chicago Cubs and More

Pretty sure he's got one now. I don't remember which trailer, but I remember seeing it. I'll search later and find it if you can't.
I can't hide who I am, baby I'm a gangster
In the Rolls Royce, steppin' on a mink rug
The clique just a gang of bosses that linked up
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2013, 08:06 AM   #42
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieHardYankee26
Pretty sure he's got one now. I don't remember which trailer, but I remember seeing it. I'll search later and find it if you can't.
http://youtu.be/EGWHa6qhDSo?t=18s
http://youtu.be/EGWHa6qhDSo?t=37s

Not sure if that shows it.

But people were saying he did mocap this year. But to me it doesn't look that different, if it is. This is the vita version, but I would think its the same for PS3.

http://youtu.be/9RU1xJmVabA?t=1m51s
Old 03-01-2013, 08:06 AM   #43
BING BONG

DieHardYankee26's Arena

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...s41-0AEk#t=65s

I think this is it.
Old 03-01-2013, 08:09 AM   #44
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieHardYankee26
Others batters have that swing too though. At least it looks similar or the same.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFRUu...=youtu.be&t=5s

I think it might just be one of the new follow throughs. Even if that was unique to Cabrera it doesn't really look anything like his swing.
Old 03-01-2013, 08:31 AM   #45
Developer

Woodweaver's Arena

OVR: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by bautistabomb
Though I don't like the look of the meter (way too big). I love that we will finally have full control of fielders throws and throwing errors won't be a random dice roll. Hopefully there is an option to reduce the size of the meter like you can with the pitching meter. I will definatively be using button accuracy this year. This has been something this game has needed for a long time and am happy it finally made its way into the game.

We experimented with multiple scenarios with the new button accuracy meter. Using a smaller meter. Scaling it based on the players distance from the camera. Having it as part of a HUD. Only having it appear when the USER presses the throw buttons. So on and so on. Ultimately, it was decided that it was best for ease of use and visibility (Since you have to be able to see this meter in order to use it. Imagine trying to use it with an outfielder in a high fielding camera.) to go with the current incarnation.

If you want the same control of the throw outcome without the new graphics, the analog throw mechanic with meter ON is the way to go. Plus, there is still the original button throw mechanic. If you have the meter ON with this method you will at least determine strength. If you rather have the throw accuracy completely determined by situation and attributes, use any mechanic you prefer (button or analog) and turn the the meter OFF.

Last edited by Woodweaver; 03-01-2013 at 09:16 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2013, 08:34 AM   #46
BING BONG

DieHardYankee26's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
Others batters have that swing too though. At least it looks similar or the same.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFRUu...=youtu.be&t=5s

I think it might just be one of the new follow throughs. Even if that was unique to Cabrera it doesn't really look anything like his swing.
Maybe, but I think that's it. It's slower than the other videos, he doesn't stand up quite as straight I don't think, the catcher stands up and crowd roars accordingly, looks pretty signature I'd think.
Old 03-01-2013, 09:13 AM   #47
MVP

sink4ever's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by crains13
Just because it "looks" the same doesn't necessarily mean its the same game. And if it was "basically" the same game, there wouldn't have been a fact sheet with 50+ new features and improvements.
Good point, and I think this may be the crux of the issue. It seems that there are two main voices I'm hearing. One is the people who have played the game, and so far the impressions seem very positive. The other is the people who have watched clips of the game and declare it to be "basically the same".

Actually, having '12 and '13 look similar is not a bad thing, as they both look like baseball. That's kind of the point. Change for the sake of change is not necessarily a good thing.

And I think if you look at the list of improvements, you'll find that it's mostly focused on gameplay and improvements to the various modes. Franchise has been revamped, RTTS improved, the The Show Live has been added, yet people watch an inning of a regular season game and declare nothing has been changed.

Plus, the adjusted hitting window and improved ball physics are things that probably can't be truly appreciated until you have the controller in your hand and can "feel" the difference for yourself.

If the people playing the game (either at CD or early copies) had reservations or poor reviews, I may be a little concerned. However, it seems the only negative statements are coming from those who basing their entire opinions on small snippets of video.
Old 03-01-2013, 03:31 PM   #48
Banned

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kernel Pie
Not really jumping for joy over these vids. The game looks a lot like '12. I didn't really see any new animations or cutaway shots, new post-pitch pitcher or batter movements, and the crowd was still in berserker mode in the top of the 1st, nobody out and a runner on, 0-0 count.

I'm sure the game is good, but have they really improved it foul-line to foul-line from '12? Doesn't look like it to me.
Bingo!...hope theyve been working on ps4 version for past 2 years.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »