Home

MLB 13 The Show Video - Dev Blog: Road To The Show

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show Video - Dev Blog: Road To The Show within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-28-2013, 11:46 AM   #121
Pro

OVR: 6
Question Re: MLB 13 The Show Video - Dev Blog: Road To The Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickkill77
They said it is on by default, but you can turn all of it off...
I believe the description said that if manual catch is ON, then the halo would always be on even if it is set to OFF, although I am at work so I cannot verify. This is what I was talking about, I would like halo to always be off if set to off. I can manually catch it without the ball pulsating green I would think, got a big enough tv hehe...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2013, 12:18 PM   #122
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: MLB 13 The Show Video - Dev Blog: Road To The Show

That's cool and all with the changes and whatnot, but, if the achievement goals are still in, and have a huge weight on determining whether or not you stay on the bench or in the lineup, then, this will be another mode of this game unfortunately passed up by me, and a lot of other people I know.

For example in TS 12: It was the start of season 2, and I was in Triple A...They wanted me to collect 40 bases and 3 homeruns over the next 4 series (two weeks)...two weeks...I tried it, and failed miserably...I played in 9 of those games. Needed an average of 4.44 bases a game...Not to mention, it took me about 2 months in AA to get 3 homeruns...

In those 9 games, I ended with 29 total bases and 1 homerun...Got sent to the bench. So I played until I had to get back off the bench...Took 4 weeks...And then once I get back to the starting lineup, I have to hit 3 homeruns again, and not strike out more than 10 times...time period...two weeks again.

/EndRant
Old 02-28-2013, 12:24 PM   #123
Rookie

OVR: 0
Anyone know if in the Vita version this year if they will finally put a number next to the ranking meter? its always just been a red bar filled up, i cant tell sometimes between which player is better.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:46 PM   #124
Straight cash homie

FreAk47's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nusie
That's cool and all with the changes and whatnot, but, if the achievement goals are still in, and have a huge weight on determining whether or not you stay on the bench or in the lineup, then, this will be another mode of this game unfortunately passed up by me, and a lot of other people I know.
Quoted for truth. I hate battling/manipulating the advancement goals in this game.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:49 PM   #125
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

Quote:
Advancement Goals have been reevaluated in some cases to prevent some common complaints. For example, pitchers will no longer have any batting goals, and some statistical expectations have been lessened to make them slightly easier to achieve.
Maybe less of an issue for those that dislike the goals this year if the stat based ones are easier. The fielding percentage ones were the worst for me since I try to focus on the talent based skills like speed first.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2013, 01:06 PM   #126
MVP

tnixen's Arena

Re: MLB 13 The Show | Dev Blog: Road To The Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by econoodle
i sure hope osd's like this are in franchise.

Sad to report but I do not think we get this awesome stat overlay presentation for Home Runs in Season or Franchise modes. At least not for every Home Run which is really disappointing. I want this exact stat overlay including exactly the way it's presented in this video blog for every Home Run that is hit in Season and Franchise modes. Sony made it perfect in my opinion but why is it not included for every Home Run in Season and Franchise Modes? Must be because of memory limitations on the PS3. Now I do not have the game yet so I am not 100% sure it's not included but this stat overlay presentation was not shown when Bryce harper hit a Home Run in this post season gameplay video.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ostseason.html

I want to see this awesome stat overlay presentation for Home Runs example "Home Run Bryce harper 24th This Season" for every Home Run in Season and Franchise.

Can anyone confirm this is included or not?

And if it's not can someone maybe Russell explain why it's not included?

Thanks
Old 02-28-2013, 01:06 PM   #127
Straight cash homie

FreAk47's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
Maybe less of an issue for those that dislike the goals this year if the stat based ones are easier. The fielding percentage ones were the worst for me since I try to focus on the talent based skills like speed first.
Achieving the goals is not the problem really, it's the weight they carry. You're a top prospect in an organization and they bench you for a month because of failed goals? Or better yet, you are a perennial all-star and you have to worry about getting benched because of these goals...dumb.

A lot of times, in the early stages of my career, I will intentionally fail goals to avoid being promoted to the majors before my attributes are comparable to the big leaguers. I wish you could just play, and the CPU would appropriately decide your role.
Old 02-28-2013, 01:07 PM   #128
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
I had the same freakin problem with it mostly just being the fielding percentage goals.. Even when I would have 90+ fielding, throwing strength, and throwing accuracy, an error would ALWAYS be made in some BS fashion and just one error would pretty much make it so that you cannot achieve the goal, but, I digress. This game is going to be awesome! Would love to know if anything has been done more from a pitching POV, seeing as a vast majority of this new info seems like it pertains to a position player's career.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »