Home

MLB The Show 13 Gameplay Video - Atlanta Braves vs. Washington Nationals (Postseason)

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 13 Gameplay Video - Atlanta Braves vs. Washington Nationals (Postseason) within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-28-2013, 08:30 AM   #193
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: MLB The Show 13 Gameplay Video - Atlanta Braves vs. Washington Nationals (Postsea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavicchi
Check out Vin Scully.
I thought he was horrible when he did the commentary for this series. Talk about boring! As far as the commentary we all know it needs a new direction and approach. It's not the best but it also is not the worst. It is actually pretty deep in content but falls short on approach and style. SCEA is aware of what people are looking for but I would not expect the transformation to happen on the turn of a dime.

As far as the stutter hang ups, I saw a few of them in that vid. Curious if he did the min or max install. Also, before anyone asks we don't play the game off a disk so we would not pick that up at CD.
Old 02-28-2013, 08:33 AM   #194
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 13 Gameplay Video - Atlanta Braves vs. Washington Nationals (Postsea

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
As far as the stutter hang ups, I saw a few of them in that vid. Curious if he did the min or max install. Also, before anyone asks we don't play the game off a disk so we would not pick that up at CD.
So would you think the stutters are only due to the game accessing data off of the disc?

Maybe the stuttering might be a reason for people to get the game off of PSN instead.
Old 02-28-2013, 08:39 AM   #195
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
So would you think the stutters are only due to the game accessing data off of the disc?

Maybe the stuttering might be a reason for people to get the game off of PSN instead.
It is possible, it will be interesting to see if the people who do the digital download experience it or not.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2013, 08:52 AM   #196
Rookie

Sretep75's Arena

OVR: 3

I have a question, what do you guys mean with stuttering? And can you give me the time in the video when it happens so I can see what your talking about

MLB: Oakland A's
NBA: Atlanta Hawks
NHL: San Jose Sharks
MiLB: Las Vegas 51's
Old 02-28-2013, 08:55 AM   #197
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sretep75
I have a question, what do you guys mean with stuttering? And can you give me the time in the video when it happens so I can see what your talking about
I posted a few, but this one seems the most noticeable.

http://youtu.be/GQrqOMQU88M?t=2m10s
Old 02-28-2013, 09:10 AM   #198
Rookie

jmount78's Arena

I am dissapointed with the commentary. It is a huge let down for me. Yes, people will say turn it off, etc., but announcers make the game for me. I grew up listening to Harry Caray, Chip Caray, and Ralph Kiner. They added value to the overall experience of watching the games. The Show delivers on so many levels, but lags behind so much in broadcasting.
Old 02-28-2013, 09:19 AM   #199
Rookie

Sretep75's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
I posted a few, but this one seems the most noticeable.

http://youtu.be/GQrqOMQU88M?t=2m10s
yeah but like what time in the video does it happen? i watched it but didnt really notice anything. im not really sure what you guys mean when you say "stuttering"

MLB: Oakland A's
NBA: Atlanta Hawks
NHL: San Jose Sharks
MiLB: Las Vegas 51's
Old 02-28-2013, 09:21 AM   #200
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sretep75
yeah but like what time in the video does it happen? i watched it but didnt really notice anything. im not really sure what you guys mean when you say "stuttering"
Its the MLB The Show logo overlay as it cuts away it stutters. I linked to the specific time it happens.

2:12
Here it is right as it happens.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQrqO...utu.be&t=2m12s

I think this is what people were talking about, I had to rewatch it to notice the stutters.

Last edited by MrOldboy; 02-28-2013 at 09:23 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »