Home

Pre-Order MLB 13 The Show From PSN Store & Download at 12:01 AM EST, March 5th

This is a discussion on Pre-Order MLB 13 The Show From PSN Store & Download at 12:01 AM EST, March 5th within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-28-2013, 06:23 AM   #97
Pro

ScouserHUN's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Pre-Order MLB 13 The Show From PSN Store & Download at 12:01 AM EST, March 5th

Quote:
Originally Posted by illmatic04
the digital download is so much better than the disc, i remember my previous show skipped a lot and made mad noises
This!!!

Had the same problem, also had 1-2 sec freezes, clearly because of the BluRay drive, I could hear the noise during the freezes.
Old 02-28-2013, 07:01 AM   #98
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Pre-Order MLB 13 The Show From PSN Store & Download at 12:01 AM EST, March 5th

I have been looking everywhere for file size and can't find it.. But I did find something that makes me think the file size will be huge.. The audio in postseason mode alone is 6gb.

Also I feel bad for ps vita ppl they won't get online league or diamond dynasty mode.
Old 02-28-2013, 07:03 AM   #99
Rookie

OVR: 1

And just after I posted that I seen the same article posted on here awhile back lol
Old 02-28-2013, 07:24 AM   #100
Pro

cactusruss's Arena

OVR: 7

I'm very strongly considering cancelling my Amazon pre-order and getting the digital download. The UPS guy always shows up before lunchtime for me, but if I start downloading at midnight and then go to bed, I can wake up and be playing the show. I'm just a little worried that something is going to go wrong, like patches won't work right for the digital version or something... someone who has downloaded full games before put my mind at ease that everything will work the way it should with the digital copy.
Old 02-28-2013, 07:29 AM   #101
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusruss
I'm very strongly considering cancelling my Amazon pre-order and getting the digital download. The UPS guy always shows up before lunchtime for me, but if I start downloading at midnight and then go to bed, I can wake up and be playing the show. I'm just a little worried that something is going to go wrong, like patches won't work right for the digital version or something... someone who has downloaded full games before put my mind at ease that everything will work the way it should with the digital copy.
Everything will work the way it should with the digital copy. That is unless you don't have the HDD space for it, plan to have at least 40gb open for the download and install. As long as you got that you'll have no problems.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2013, 07:58 AM   #102
MVP

PrettyT11's Arena

OVR: 17

I wish we could know how big the file is. That is the only thing that is making me think about getting the disc version. Funny thing is though if you look at all the other games on the day digital list it shows how large they are. The show is the only one that doesn't. It can't be cause of the theme thing cause I know at least the new bioshock gives a theme too if you pre order. I just don't want to see this thing be 20gb and it take me all day and some to download it.
Old 02-28-2013, 08:12 AM   #103
Hoping for change...

PsychoBulk's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyT11
. I just don't want to see this thing be 20gb and it take me all day and some to download it.
It will be more than that i suspect.

There is 6gb of playoff audio alone and 10gb of audio in total alone, so thats '/2 your 20gb without even starting on anything else.
Old 02-28-2013, 08:18 AM   #104
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyT11
I wish we could know how big the file is. That is the only thing that is making me think about getting the disc version. Funny thing is though if you look at all the other games on the day digital list it shows how large they are. The show is the only one that doesn't. It can't be cause of the theme thing cause I know at least the new bioshock gives a theme too if you pre order. I just don't want to see this thing be 20gb and it take me all day and some to download it.
Some of the other day 1 digital games also do not have sizes listed. Bioshock Infinite is listed as 11.3gb because I think that is only for Bioshock which you get with the preorder.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/...re-update-280/

Hell even Ni No Kuni is lying to everyone. Listing it as 15.9gb. That is only one of the required files you need to download, the other is like 6gb. Sony needs to get its act together if they expect more people to go digital, pay the same as retail and save manufacturing costs of discs in the process.

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwo...KDLFULLGAMEPTA

If MLB 13 is put up at under 20gb I'd suspect it might be the sme situation as Ni No Kuni with it being split into multiple files. Just be aware that the store is not accurate all the time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »