Home

MLB The Show 13 Gameplay Video - Atlanta Braves vs. Washington Nationals (Postseason)

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 13 Gameplay Video - Atlanta Braves vs. Washington Nationals (Postseason) within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-28-2013, 03:15 AM   #177
MVP

OVR: 19
commentary sounds far worst than the last several years. I know they are going for authenticity, but come on.
Ive grown to like the nuances of MLB THE SHOWS commentary, but this seems like a step back.
Old 02-28-2013, 03:56 AM   #178
Pro

etched Chaos's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: MLB The Show 13 Gameplay Video - Atlanta Braves vs. Washington Nationals (Postsea

The Show looks great, it plays great but it sounds just ok. It's been that way for a few years now and a few of us can see the potential for almost perfection in the game but the sound keeps letting it down. The commentary is a big part of the game, it helps immerse you and adds resonance to those special moments.

For all the talk of repetitiveness, NBA 2k still gets my blood pumping when they'd be discussing some subject, I'd pull a monster jam and they'd go nuts. It's those little moment that make a big difference. Commentary helps make the great moments historic if done correctly and with the Show that's it's one glaring weakness.

So can we please stop the moaning about the commentary complaints, some of you are taking it far too personally. We're not complaining about commentary because we think SCEA have mailed it in, we're doing so because we love the game so much we want it to be the greatest sports game ever made, and yet this one facet keeps delaying it's rise to complete and utter domination.
Old 02-28-2013, 04:18 AM   #179
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 13 The Show gameplay video

Quote:
Originally Posted by woz411
you both cant REALLY think this is just a roster update? HAve you seen all the ****ing blogs explaining what was updated or changed?
I never said that. I was repeating what others have posted and can understand why they would feel that way if you don't look into the details of all the changes that were made this year.

Read the post instead of assuming.

People here really need to start looking at things from others' perspectives instead of just taking the "correct" side. Its just an argument at that point.
Old 02-28-2013, 04:20 AM   #180
Pro

etched Chaos's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
I never said that. I was repeating what others have posted and can understand why they would feel that way if you don't look into the details of all the changes that were made this year.

Read the post instead of assuming.

People here really need to start looking at things from others' perspectives instead of just taking the "correct" side. Its just an argument at that point.
Actually if those who'd posted earlier were RTTS players they'd not be saying it. For once there's a tangible difference between franchise play and RTTS visually and of course audibly.
Old 02-28-2013, 04:38 AM   #181
Hoping for change...

PsychoBulk's Arena

OVR: 23

I think if truth be told, its hard to get commentary in ANY sports game to not sound repetitive pretty quickly, its the nature of the beast with limited disk space etc, but even as a Show lover i can see where the commentary on this game could do with some love, but im sure next year with the PS4 we will get it.

To me it doesnt impact the enjoyment i get from the game in any way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2013, 04:44 AM   #182
Pro

etched Chaos's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoBulk
I think if truth be told, its hard to get commentary in ANY sports game to not sound repetitive pretty quickly, its the nature of the beast with limited disk space etc, but even as a Show lover i can see where the commentary on this game could do with some love, but im sure next year with the PS4 we will get it.

To me it doesnt impact the enjoyment i get from the game in any way.
Yea, I still play 3-4 RTTS players with over 10 years under each player's belt, and the commentary has never stopped me from enjoying every moment. But, it doesn't make it any less glaring as a weakness.
Old 02-28-2013, 07:07 AM   #183
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: MLB The Show 13 Gameplay Video - Atlanta Braves vs. Washington Nationals (Postsea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sretep75
Wtf? ABSOLUTELY no emotion from Matt V when Harper in that homerun? Come on........
He was doing a Joe Buck impression when anyone but the Cards play. Seriously real life baseball announcers are generally emotionless except for a few. Someone brought up Thorne. Thorne is/ was a hockey announcer. He is used to fast paced excited calling from the nature of hockey. I honestly don't think Matty V is really all that bad, especially in comparison to Fox's real life number 1 broadcaster who may me the most dry mundane unexcited commentator in the history of sports.
Old 02-28-2013, 07:10 AM   #184
Pro

ScouserHUN's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMatt1782
He was doing a Joe Buck impression when anyone but the Cards play. Seriously real life baseball announcers are generally emotionless except for a few. Someone brought up Thorne. Thorne is/ was a hockey announcer. He is used to fast paced excited calling from the nature of hockey. I honestly don't think Matty V is really all that bad, especially in comparison to Fox's real life number 1 broadcaster who may me the most dry mundane unexcited commentator in the history of sports.
Vin Scully for the Show!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »