Home

MLB 13 The Show Demo Not Releasing This Week

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show Demo Not Releasing This Week within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-27-2013, 10:43 PM   #33
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 13 The Show Demo Not Releasing This Week

For OS users I can see why a demo is useless in terms of generating more preorders/sales. So those theories made by people make sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Also OS represents about 5% of the consumer base the 95% will be happy that you can see both now.
That was in reference to the player ratings, not a demo. Of course that was probably a guess, but if OS is such a small part of the consumer base, why not try to get some more sales from that 95% of more average users that might not buy the game every year at launch as a lot on OS do? So I can see how both sides of the argument make some sense.

For a lot of games demos can help a lot or hurt tremendously. Anyone remember NBA Elite 2011? I'm sure SCEA knows of the cost and benefits of a demo more than we do since they have much more info regarding this than we do and decided what's best for them.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:23 PM   #34
The Champ Is Here

Doormat's Arena

OVR: 27

I won't need a demo, I'm already convinced.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:00 AM   #35
MVP

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
For OS users I can see why a demo is useless in terms of generating more preorders/sales. So those theories made by people make sense.

That was in reference to the player ratings, not a demo. Of course that was probably a guess, but if OS is such a small part of the consumer base, why not try to get some more sales from that 95% of more average users that might not buy the game every year at launch as a lot on OS do? So I can see how both sides of the argument make some sense.

For a lot of games demos can help a lot or hurt tremendously. Anyone remember NBA Elite 2011? I'm sure SCEA knows of the cost and benefits of a demo more than we do since they have much more info regarding this than we do and decided what's best for them.
If the reason they do not want to release a demo is because they are worried it may hurt their sales, then they are showing a lack of a confidence in the product, and that's a bad sign as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2013, 12:02 AM   #36
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Much ado about nothing.

Although I do enjoy the sky is falling crowd we seem to get frequently.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:07 AM   #37
MVP

dran1984's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCoolMan24
If the reason they do not want to release a demo is because they are worried it may hurt their sales, then they are showing a lack of a confidence in the product, and that's a bad sign as well.
Lets be honest here...they do not NEED to release a demo. People know what to expect from the game year in and year out. Also look at the competition, The Show blows them out of the water.
Old 02-28-2013, 01:12 AM   #38
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dran1984
Lets be honest here...they do not NEED to release a demo. People know what to expect from the game year in and year out. Also look at the competition, The Show blows them out of the water.
Right, that's what I said earlier.

Quote:
I feel like that is the smug attitude they probably take when it comes to demos for The Show, anyway.

"What do we need to release a demo for? They will buy it anyway, it's better than that 2K crap."

Not that that's not accurate, but it's frustrating that most games come with a demo prior to release, yet SCEA feels it doesn't need to waste it's time.
Old 02-28-2013, 04:38 AM   #39
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
But who knows if that's the issue. Sure a crappy demo might hurt, but I doubt they'd put out a broken demo like NBA Elite did.

Someone in marketing probably knows how many people the demo could reach, how many sales that could translate into and probably thought it didn't warrant the expense of making the demo. I doubt its from lack of confidence, its not like the game engine was rebuilt from the ground up and they risk exposing bugs that might not be in the shipping game or something, the same solid gameplay is still there this year.
Old 02-28-2013, 02:34 PM   #40
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
But who knows if that's the issue. Sure a crappy demo might hurt, but I doubt they'd put out a broken demo like NBA Elite did.

Someone in marketing probably knows how many people the demo could reach, how many sales that could translate into and probably thought it didn't warrant the expense of making the demo. I doubt its from lack of confidence, its not like the game engine was rebuilt from the ground up and they risk exposing bugs that might not be in the shipping game or something, the same solid gameplay is still there this year.
I don't think it's a lack of confidence either, I am just saying if we were to accept what the other poster suggested, in that they didn't want it to hurt sales, then it would show a lack of confidence. I, however, don't believe that to be the case. I still believe my original theory is what is most likely true, although you'd never SCEA admit to that, so we will really never know.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »