Home

MLB The Show 13 Gameplay Video - Atlanta Braves vs. Washington Nationals (Postseason)

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 13 Gameplay Video - Atlanta Braves vs. Washington Nationals (Postseason) within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-28-2013, 01:07 AM   #161
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: MLB The Show 13 Gameplay Video - Atlanta Braves vs. Washington Nationals (Postsea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arod2k9
This is what Russell has been saying for years and I'm glad to have a development team that cares for its community and fan base. Its baseball people, we are adults here. I wouldn't want to be playing the Show at 8am Saturday morning and commentators screaming their lungs out. I like the beauty in this game and I hope this simplicity continues for a long long time!
Why wouldn't you?
If the situation called for it, wouldn't you want the game to sound as authentic as possible?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2013, 01:07 AM   #162
Pro

ScouserHUN's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: MLB The Show 13 Gameplay Video - Atlanta Braves vs. Washington Nationals (Postsea

Most people who are complaining about the commentary are the people who only play a handful of games with the Show. They can't even scratch the surface in this game, they are just interested in the shiny things.

We, who are playing 300+ games every year, we know exactly what to expect from this game, and we are satisfied with it, because we know how big a step forward this game will be.
Old 02-28-2013, 01:09 AM   #163
MVP

AUTiger1's Arena

OVR: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanjeezy
Nothing to do with emotion, the amount of dead air is unbearable. Example - Matty V says "The starting lineup for Washington looks like this" at the 7:47 mark, which is followed by dead silence for 12 seconds... Now imagine that after every pitch, it adds up fairly quick. If you're not going to have them talk for 12 seconds, don't have the damn cutscene be that long lol
Which I don't understand. They used to highlight a player in the starting lineup and talk about him. That is good but they then took it out and now you have such a dead period when announcing the starting lineups.
Old 02-28-2013, 01:13 AM   #164
MVP

AUTiger1's Arena

OVR: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvman
It's not that the commentary is bad or anything it's just that Vasgersian is just plain boring. With a video game you need someone that is slightly over the top in order to add a bit of excitement at times.
But Matty V is over the top and exciting in real life. I don't know why that doesn't translate into the games.
Old 02-28-2013, 01:18 AM   #165
All Star

authentic's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
It's difficult.
I'm laughing too hard.

M.K.
Knight165
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScouserHUN
Most people who are complaining about the commentary are the people who only play a handful of games with the Show. They can't even scratch the surface in this game, they are just interested in the shiny things.

We, who are playing 300+ games every year, we know exactly what to expect from this game, and we are satisfied with it, because we know how big a step forward this game will be.
Exclude me from that list. I played over two seasons. Knowing what this game offers gameplay wise, it's just tough to listen to the commentary. Maybe it's just me, but the commentary makes me listen to music rather than the actual game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2013, 01:24 AM   #166
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScouserHUN

This is a very horrible post.
Old 02-28-2013, 01:29 AM   #167
Rookie

OVR: 3

I'll have to wait until I have the game and play Postseason games myself and get into different situations and see what happens....but based on this short video, I don't see any difference in "Postseason Mode" from any other game (exhibition or franchise).

Aside from the pre-game festivities and some different cut scenes and stat presentations.....the actual baseball game itself plays the same. I know it's beating a dead horse, but I was expecting more enthusiastic commentary.....and they kept saying that "Postseason Mode" was going to capture the intensity of a real Playoff game....

I wasn't feeling any extra intensity from that video. If you took the NLDS logos off the field and didn't show me the pre-game intro, you wouldn't even know it was a Playoff game or not.

Still the best baseball game EVER, but Postseason Mode was way too hyped if all that is different is the brief pre-game cut scenes.
Old 02-28-2013, 01:42 AM   #168
Banned

royals852's Arena

OVR: 9

I have an idea. Everyone who is complaining about commentary. Hop on craigslist and make an ad asking to pay 2 people to sit in your living room (or where ever you play your game) and do live commentary while you play. Plenty of people need a job right now. Someone will probably reply.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »