Home

Pre-Order MLB 13 The Show From PSN Store & Download at 12:01 AM EST, March 5th

This is a discussion on Pre-Order MLB 13 The Show From PSN Store & Download at 12:01 AM EST, March 5th within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-27-2013, 10:42 PM   #89
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: Pre-Order MLB 13 The Show From PSN Store & Download at 12:01 AM EST, March 5th

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric7064
WOW! I was pretty sold on digitally DL it and cancelling my Gamestop pre-order but after hearing it may possibly be 20GB? That would take FOREVER on my PS3. Xbox full games are around 5? My internet connection is good but 1GB takes about an hour. NO way im waiting that long.
XBOX 360 discs don't have the capacity of Blu-Rays, and as such they are much smaller (When the full capacity of a Blu-Ray is being used, that is)

It is what it is. You're downloading an entire Blu-Ray disc worth of content - it's going to take a lot of time and space on the hard drive. Even so, I'll still be getting it earlier than I would be if I waited for an Amazon delivery on Tuesday evening (UPS takes FOREVER to get here). And it would cost about the same either way after the $10 I'll get back on PSN.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:02 AM   #90
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Pre-Order MLB 13 The Show From PSN Store & Download at 12:01 AM EST, March 5th

Just pulled the trigger. Will be downloading it on the 4th since I'm on the west coast woot woot!
Old 02-28-2013, 12:35 AM   #91
Flag Waver, Sec.134,O.Co.

mmdmaznn's Arena

OVR: 11

Broke down, canceled my Amazon pre-order and will impatiently await for 9pm West Coast time Monday for my download....LONGEST WEEK EVER!!!

Oakland Coliseum
LF Bleachers
Sec. 134
"Where's your flag?"

Now Playing: MLB 13: The Show (PS3/Vita), NBA 2K12, Batman: Arkham City, FarCry3

Oakland Athletics/Golden State Warriors/Oakland Raiders
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2013, 01:12 AM   #92
Banned

how long will this download approx take with 12-15 mbps download?
Old 02-28-2013, 01:55 AM   #93
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
Its been said before, but past games have been a around 20gb or more. This year could be different, but I'd assume it will be large. PS3 games on PSN have been huge lately (Uncharted, Ni No Kuni, etc).

Know though that you will need double that amount on your PS3.

20gb space to download installer.
20gb of space to put installed data in.

You'll end up with 20gb after install, but to install you'll need double the download size space.
I have a 40GB PS3. Does this mean I won't be able to download the game?
Old 02-28-2013, 03:27 AM   #94
Banned

vcu9's Arena

OVR: 19

If I download the game on the West Coast at 9:05pm (12:05am-EST) what is a rough estimate of the download time? 2 or 3 hours?

Thanks.
Old 02-28-2013, 04:00 AM   #95
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcu9
If I download the game on the West Coast at 9:05pm (12:05am-EST) what is a rough estimate of the download time? 2 or 3 hours?

Thanks.
Is it confirmed to release at 9pm on the west coast? We may have to wait until Midnight our time as well.

Anyway, it'll really depend on your internet. I'd say on an average internet connection you can expect about 2-3 hours, yes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2013, 04:21 AM   #96
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quack23
I have a 40GB PS3. Does this mean I won't be able to download the game?
If its split into two parts you might. Ni No Kuni was over 20gb, but it was split into two parts, one was like 16gb and the other 5gb or something.

If it was split you should have no problems. If its 20gb I think you will since the usable space on the HDD is not 40gb, check your free space to see exactly how much space you have.

edit: Wait, nvm people who had a 40gb HDD could not install Ni No Kuni as the 16gb file requires 32gb of space.

http://community.singstar.com/t5/for...ge/true/page/1

I'd wait though. Maybe it'll be 10gb and 10gb or something. I think you would be able to do that.

The thing is that people complained that Ni No Kuni showed as 6gb on the store, but had two files and the 16gb was not shown on the store page, just the 6gb. So people with 40gb HDDs bought it and couldn't install it. I wonder if they got refunds.

Last edited by MrOldboy; 02-28-2013 at 04:27 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »