Home

Pre-Order MLB 13 The Show From PSN Store & Download at 12:01 AM EST, March 5th

This is a discussion on Pre-Order MLB 13 The Show From PSN Store & Download at 12:01 AM EST, March 5th within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-27-2013, 09:26 PM   #81
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Pre-Order MLB 13 The Show From PSN Store & Download at 12:01 AM EST, March 5th

can anyone guesstimate a size yet?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2013, 09:27 PM   #82
Banned

OVR: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobeureally27
Bigger files (full games) take longer than smaller files (patches, updates, etc...)
I get that. Guess I'm just whining about the availability at 1201 but the reality of actually playing is over an hour or more later.

I'm just impatient I guess.
Old 02-27-2013, 09:27 PM   #83
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: Pre-Order MLB 13 The Show From PSN Store & Download at 12:01 AM EST, March 5th

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKorbini
can anyone guesstimate a size yet?
More than 10 GB is safe money. How much more exactly, we aren't gonna know for sure unless the devs tell us ahead of time or until we start downloading it at midnight.
Old 02-27-2013, 09:35 PM   #84
Banned

illmatic04's Arena

OVR: 4

the digital download is so much better than the disc, i remember my previous show skipped a lot and made mad noises

Last edited by illmatic04; 02-27-2013 at 09:38 PM.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:23 PM   #85
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
More than 10 GB is safe money. How much more exactly, we aren't gonna know for sure unless the devs tell us ahead of time or until we start downloading it at midnight.
Its been said before, but past games have been a around 20gb or more. This year could be different, but I'd assume it will be large. PS3 games on PSN have been huge lately (Uncharted, Ni No Kuni, etc).

Know though that you will need double that amount on your PS3.

20gb space to download installer.
20gb of space to put installed data in.

You'll end up with 20gb after install, but to install you'll need double the download size space.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2013, 10:38 PM   #86
MVP

eric7064's Arena

OVR: 1

WOW! I was pretty sold on digitally DL it and cancelling my Gamestop pre-order but after hearing it may possibly be 20GB? That would take FOREVER on my PS3. Xbox full games are around 5? My internet connection is good but 1GB takes about an hour. NO way im waiting that long.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:39 PM   #87
Rookie

ffyfe7's Arena

OVR: 10
I think that it should be available in other territories. Currently the MLB: The Show series is only sold in the US and Canada but there are a lot of people from other areas who purchase the game (as seen by the forums). If they made it available in all of the region's PSN stores then they could monitor the sales and see whether it would be financially viable to send boxed copies to these regions. Personally, I just hate having to wait while everyone in the States and Canada gets to enjoy it.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:40 PM   #88
Rookie

DeathMetal's Arena

OVR: 6

I canceled my Gamestop pre order the second I saw this thread. And since I am in central time I will be able to start downloading at 11:01 pm on the 4th.

I predict I won't be getting much sleep that night. I guess that's one advantage of being laid off, lot's of free time.

Last edited by DeathMetal; 02-27-2013 at 10:42 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »