Home

MLB The Show 13 Gameplay Video - Atlanta Braves vs. Washington Nationals (Postseason)

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 13 Gameplay Video - Atlanta Braves vs. Washington Nationals (Postseason) within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-27-2013, 08:07 PM   #57
Banned

OVR: 32
Re: MLB The Show 13 Gameplay Video - Atlanta Braves vs. Washington Nationals (Postsea

Commentary aside (and to me, it's not all that bad)...

I'm in love. Game looks amazing. It's obvious that it is pretty maxed out as far as what they can do on this console, but they find ways to make the game better and fresh with the little things.
Old 02-27-2013, 08:11 PM   #58

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: MLB 13 The Show gameplay video

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonadom
They don't manage it ( This generation of consoles is not capable of having AI commentators with emotional behavior like they're watching a real game. ), but if you think they do, then alright.
You must not have played NBA 2K. Commentary is out of this world. Full of emotion.
Old 02-27-2013, 08:21 PM   #59
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23
Another person here who loves the Show (I mean, seriously, how many of us chose or switched to PS3 largely due to the Show, myself included) but dreads the commentary. I agree Matt V. is the problem...he is the driest of dry of all sports gaming announcers. Yes, the commentary is bad, and it's made even more glaring because the rest of the game is so well done. The commentary therefore falls victim to the rest of the game. What I do is either turn off Matt and listen to the others, or I just put Matt on for rivalry or playoff games, that way when he does come in it feels like a "special" situation ie. they put an extra announcer in the booth for the big game/game of the week.
Old 02-27-2013, 08:21 PM   #60
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 13 The Show gameplay video

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratedmoney
You must not have played NBA 2K. Commentary is out of this world. Full of emotion.
I can understand that. All that requires is a voice recording with excitement behind it, but humanizing sports commentating in a video game won't be easy.
Old 02-27-2013, 08:30 PM   #61
Rookie

pirates1fan's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: MLB The Show 13 Gameplay Video - Atlanta Braves vs. Washington Nationals (Postsea

First of all, this commentary argument is a little rediculous. I am not saying it wouldn't be nice to have commentary like NBA 2K and MLB 2K, I just don't see why it is such a big deal to people. Unless you never skip a cut screen when you play, this shouldn't be an issue. For me, it isn't. People kind of just need to take it easy with it. Commentary in sports video games is very rarely very good, and only a couple of games, and just one company, 2K, has got it right.

And secondly, game looks great as usual, I was hoping for a little more with postseason, but it will probably feel different when I get to sit down, play it, and cut through the cut scenes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2013, 08:32 PM   #62
Pro

OVR: 4

Yeah, I have to agree with all that is said, and it's not so much that the commentary is bad all-around, just that I'd expect more excitement and variance in the Postseason mode since it was so hyped.

Other than a few new cut scenes and louder volume, I don't see a whole lot more. It's pretty bad that none of the sports games (except maybe NHL) can accurately bring alive different atmospheres (College Football, NFL Playoffs, Postseason Baseball, etc.)
Old 02-27-2013, 08:40 PM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 4

Postseason mode--much needed addition to the series. And it looks great.

It's been said, but I can't get over that boring HR call. I'm not a stickler when it comes to commentary, but that was a very lame call. And Matt said "Let's go down to the PA Announcer for the starting lineups" or something and then...silence. Did I miss something?
Enough of that.

Only other thing that somewhat bugs me is that it says "Postseason" on the scorebug. Seems generic. As if the game is promoting this mode rather than reflecting real life.
Why doesn't it display "NLDS Game 1?"
I mean we know it's the postseason...

Aside from it all, we should be happy we have this new mode to gripe about
Old 02-27-2013, 08:40 PM   #64
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23
Who would have ever thought that "take some pine meat!" would be a welcome addtion to commentary in the year 2013...

...emotion has been done, good and bad for years and years. I think if the community spoke up for it SCEA would provide. But if it happens that the vocal majority defends the subpar commentary then oh well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »