Home

MLB The Show 13 Gameplay Video - Atlanta Braves vs. Washington Nationals (Postseason)

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 13 Gameplay Video - Atlanta Braves vs. Washington Nationals (Postseason) within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-27-2013, 07:05 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 46
Re: MLB The Show 13 Gameplay Video - Atlanta Braves vs. Washington Nationals (Postsea

Re: Commentary.

I am sure they would love to go in a new direction/start over with the commentary.
But lot of other things needed tending to this year as well. I guess a voice-over revamp wasn't a smart idea this late in the cycle maybe? Too much voice work to do seeing as this is like 8 years or so worth of matt going strong in the script.
I guess they figured, throw us a bone and get rid of Soup, who was getting on peoples nerves, and that'll solve some of the announcing woes and keep us complainers at bay.
Well, they gave us Lyons, which I'd like to thank them for, but I didn't hear him hardly in this clip to know if he was worth it! lol

Also, he sounds too much like Karros IMO

The dead air in this clip really clashes with the otherwise stellar Postseason atmosphere.
If this was a May clip, 'd still have a beef, but if stands out even more against the october backdrop

Screw it.
Grab Thorne and lets do this in 14.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2013, 07:06 PM   #42
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: MLB The Show 13 Gameplay Video - Atlanta Braves vs. Washington Nationals (Postsea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_NYY
I love The Show, I play it more than any other game and it's not even close. The game is so close to perfection for a baseball fan that it's scary. However, I have to agree with pretty much everyone else, the commentary has really lagged behind the rest of the game. There is way too much dead air and it just doesn't sound like the three announcers are actually together in the booth; they never seem to interact with each other. They just throw out random lines when appropriate and go silent again.

There also needs to be more excitement on calls like the homerun in the video. A homerun for the home team in the first inning of a Game 1 should sound differently than a homerun in May.

Besides commentary, The Show 13 is looking amazing!!
though that would be hard to progam i would think... Different HR calls for different innings/situations/walkoffs, etc. right?
Old 02-27-2013, 07:10 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 4
The show's poor commentary has nothing to do with system capabilities. Its all about the delivery of the commentary. Madden didnt revolutionize anything this year, they simply got rid of collinsworth. Nba commentary is lively period. Sure its repetitive, every game is after playing it for a couple of days. Point is, this can easily be fixed with better commentators, more excitment and better lines
Old 02-27-2013, 07:10 PM   #44
Banned

GamingLegendOS's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by woz411
Once again there is emotion on HR calls, its just RANDOM

see

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...GK38-mqM#t=10s
That is what you call emotion...I am sure it happens even in a spring training game because it is a walk off hr.

This is a post season game in first inning and the announcer says. The ball is hit deep and not coming back...Up next Ryan Zimmerman.

Lame as hell specially for a pimped out mode called Post season where the only thing diff is the overlays.

You call talk about sports games needing to have better presentation and atmosphere yet for the show the excuses are everywhere. Dead air and no emotion in POst Season game on a hr. He called it like it was a back up infielder in a spring training game between royals and astros.
Old 02-27-2013, 07:14 PM   #45
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamingLegendOS
That is what you call emotion...I am sure it happens even in a spring training game because it is a walk off hr.

This is a post season game in first inning and the announcer says. The ball is hit deep and not coming back...Up next Ryan Zimmerman.

Lame as hell specially for a pimped out mode called Post season where the only thing diff is the overlays.

You call talk about sports games needing to have better presentation and atmosphere yet for the show the excuses are everywhere. Dead air and no emotion in POst Season game on a hr. He called it like it was a back up infielder in a spring training game between royals and astros.
Why dont we wait to see more then 1-2 innings?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2013, 07:15 PM   #46
Pro

metsfan4life1's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamingLegendOS

Somewhat true and funny! Post season mode looks like its more of true eye candy then true atomsphere and commentary:/ but it's still great but this is only a short video.. If a whole game is like this, then I won't be nearly as excited about reaching the postseason in franchise mode as I was looking at before hand
Old 02-27-2013, 07:22 PM   #47
MVP

MetsFan16's Arena

OVR: 4

Who cares about the commentary. If the commentary is completely unbearable to you, it's easy to fix that problem. Mute your TV and listen to some music or the local sports radio station. I understand Matty V is a bit bland in the game, but do you honestly hang on every word he says? I know that when I am listening to Matty V while playing the game, I'm concentrating of what pitch to throw next or what the opposing pitcher is going to throw to get me out.
Old 02-27-2013, 07:28 PM   #48
Rookie

spike83's Arena

OVR: 2

What concerns me more is what Flightwhite said in the impression thread:

"If there is a negative I would say its some noticeable stuttering at times during the game..."

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »