Home

MLB 13 The Show Video - Dev Blog: Road To The Show

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show Video - Dev Blog: Road To The Show within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-27-2013, 04:38 PM   #73
Rookie

pirates1fan's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: MLB 13 The Show Video - Dev Blog: Road To The Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydrogerdavid
How will the camera work whenever there is a chance for the tag up indicator to come into play? If we can't look at the ground, how will we know where to stand in order to get into position?

Will that circle arrow thing point us in the direction of the indicator or only the center of the huge baseball?
Good question, but I am assuming if you go up to it slowly enough and just stay in the green, the animation will probably kick in.
Old 02-27-2013, 04:39 PM   #74
JJT
MVP

JJT's Arena

OVR: 4

YES! Looks awesome, just went over to eb games and preordered, gimme those 12000 points!!!

Thank you Kirby for all your work!
Old 02-27-2013, 04:41 PM   #75
MVP

TGov's Arena

OVR: 8

Now I don't know whether to be an outfielder or an infielder... hmmm... but either way this mode definitely got my attention again... It looks how it should, fun.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2013, 04:42 PM   #76
MVP

MetsFan16's Arena

OVR: 4

I knew this was going to be good... But I didn't know it was going to be THIS GOOD! It looks absolutely amazing. Between the new camera angles, baserunning, presentation aspects and all of the little things he didn't mention. My only question is, do we have to call every pitch of every game as a catcher?
Old 02-27-2013, 04:55 PM   #77
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
I plan on posting my RTTS impressions later. I know Nomo17k has been sitting on his written impression too.

I hope everyone now understands why we didn't want to spoil it before the blog was out.

Edit: I'm pretty sure I already told you this, but Kirby you are the freakin' man!

-- Sent from the Future...
Tonight?!?
Old 02-27-2013, 05:14 PM   #78
MVP

crains13's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjb_32
Dam it!!! Every year I say Im not gonna get the new The Show but then i watch these videos and see the small improvements and attention to details they add every year and Im forced to pick it up. Hang in there wallet...
Come on now man. How can you not get The Show?
Old 02-27-2013, 05:21 PM   #79
MLB The Show Designer

Kirby_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by aukevin
Looks like a lot of improvements. Can't wait. So how much of this new audio presentation can we expect in the Vita version? The vid mentions that we hear on the field stuff while playing, but then the announcers after the play. Does that also happen on the Vita or does it go right to the next play skipping presentation?

When playing the outfield does the camera ever switch so you are looking at the outfield wall when your back is to the infield, like when the ball is heading over your head and you are racing to the fence to track it down. The views from the vids, it kind of looks like you don't know where the ball is landing if it is heading over your head, you just keep running backwards and hopefully you will get there in time.
Another thing that was not mentioned in the video is the ability to look at the catch region (the giant baseball) and take your eye off the ball. If you press R3 (down on the R-stick) the camera will look directly at the catch region. Also, if the ball is going to bounce off the wall or be "robable," the camera will automatically point in that direction instead of at the ball. That way you can time your jump more easily.
Old 02-27-2013, 05:24 PM   #80
MVP

Bluejaysfan65's Arena

OVR: 44

Look amazing. Been playing franchise the past few year and I think the last time that I played RTTS was in MLB 10 The Show. I'll definitely be looking to getting back into RTTS again this year. Now it just feels as if March 5th is even farther away...

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »