Home

10 Classic Stadiums Included with MLB 13 The Show

This is a discussion on 10 Classic Stadiums Included with MLB 13 The Show within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-26-2013, 10:54 AM   #73
100 Miles To Go

Curahee's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: 10 Classic Stadiums Included with MLB 13 The Show

As for MLB 13 and them being free.

Do you still need to be connected?

I would guess No
Old 02-26-2013, 12:48 PM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curahee
Maybe you should read up a bit and educate yourself on this subject before making such loose cannon comments.
Read up a bit? I've been playing MLB the Show since it was called MLB06, nothing I need to read up on. Since the series first come out its been the same 10 stadiums one way or another, its just stupid, I would rather see none then any at all, if they cant add some new ones.. Add new "classics" or none at all. And they should all be free. I remember 2 years ago paying some $10 just to buy these same classic stadiums. And I doubt they have any upgrades since then.

And referring to "Giants Stadium being in the game" I'm not referring to Polo Grounds, I was referring to the San Fran Giants old stadium, Candlestick Park is the stadium I was talking about.

Instead of seeing Yankee Stadium, Polo Grounds each and every year, I'd rather see stadiums like the above said Candlestick Park, Busch Stadium, Cleveland Municipal Stadium, Comiskey Park, Exhibition Stadium, Astrodome, Los Angeles Coliseum, Three Rivers Stadium, Tiger Stadium, I could keep going on, instead we get Yankee Stadium, Metrodome, Polo Grounds ect. same ones every year.

Couldn't be too hard to just make these stadiums and give them generic names and likenesses to get them in the game. I can recall many times when stadiums didn't have real names in video games but instead was named after the team due to naming rights.

Just stinks we will have gone the whole PS3 generation without any new classic stadiums added. I've always had a fun time playing in classic stadiums during a seson, 100+ game season the same MLB stadiums get old after a while.

And for CN Park, I meant to say CNE Park, CN means Canadian National Exhibition Stadium, or just Exhibition Stadium where the Blue Jays first played.

And only MLB the Show fanboys praise the same classic stadiums, if this was EA you would be calling for guys jobs over it. Its baseball and stadiums play a huge role, MLB the Show gets no free pass from me on this.

"I was trying to figure out what he meant by 'old' Tiger Stadium, myself."

Well you have the current Tigers Stadium called Comerica Park, then you have Tiger Stadium, then you have Briggs Stadium and Navin Field, all can be considered the old Tiger Stadium. Around here in Michigan Tiger Stadium is usually referred to as "the old Tiger Stadium".
Old 02-26-2013, 12:51 PM   #75
100 Miles To Go

Curahee's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynkraid
Read up a bit?
Yeah! You need to read up a bit. Ive posted in this thread maybe 3 times and 5 times total on the forum that Russell said, due to licensing restrictions they cannot and will not be adding any new Classic Stadiums anytime soon unless the licensing process changes considerably...

Quote:
Unfortunately in Russell's interview with PS Nation, he said that unless things change, they wont be adding any more anytime soon.

There are so many Classic Stadiums I'd love to see, but I understand the red tape involved with the licensing with these.

Just too bad though!

Second post of this thread!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2013, 01:17 PM   #76
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynkraid
Read up a bit? I've been playing MLB the Show since it was called MLB06, nothing I need to read up on. Since the series first come out its been the same 10 stadiums one way or another, its just stupid, I would rather see none then any at all, if they cant add some new ones.. Add new "classics" or none at all. And they should all be free. I remember 2 years ago paying some $10 just to buy these same classic stadiums. And I doubt they have any upgrades since then.

And referring to "Giants Stadium being in the game" I'm not referring to Polo Grounds, I was referring to the San Fran Giants old stadium, Candlestick Park is the stadium I was talking about.

Instead of seeing Yankee Stadium, Polo Grounds each and every year, I'd rather see stadiums like the above said Candlestick Park, Busch Stadium, Cleveland Municipal Stadium, Comiskey Park, Exhibition Stadium, Astrodome, Los Angeles Coliseum, Three Rivers Stadium, Tiger Stadium, I could keep going on, instead we get Yankee Stadium, Metrodome, Polo Grounds ect. same ones every year.

Couldn't be too hard to just make these stadiums and give them generic names and likenesses to get them in the game. I can recall many times when stadiums didn't have real names in video games but instead was named after the team due to naming rights.

Just stinks we will have gone the whole PS3 generation without any new classic stadiums added. I've always had a fun time playing in classic stadiums during a seson, 100+ game season the same MLB stadiums get old after a while.

And for CN Park, I meant to say CNE Park, CN means Canadian National Exhibition Stadium, or just Exhibition Stadium where the Blue Jays first played.

And only MLB the Show fanboys praise the same classic stadiums, if this was EA you would be calling for guys jobs over it. Its baseball and stadiums play a huge role, MLB the Show gets no free pass from me on this.

"I was trying to figure out what he meant by 'old' Tiger Stadium, myself."

Well you have the current Tigers Stadium called Comerica Park, then you have Tiger Stadium, then you have Briggs Stadium and Navin Field, all can be considered the old Tiger Stadium. Around here in Michigan Tiger Stadium is usually referred to as "the old Tiger Stadium".

-the stadiums have not been in since '06
-there is NO WAY they are going to replicate existing stadiums and simply give them a generic name(lawsuits)
-As it stands now.....it's just too cost prohibitive to make new stadiums.

There is something "not so smart" in this thread, but it's not the fact that
A. The same stadiums are in
B. The stadiums are now free.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 02-26-2013, 01:26 PM   #77
100 Miles To Go

Curahee's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
-the stadiums have not been in since '06
M.K.
Knight165
First Classic Stadiums as we know them was MLB10

'10 $9.99 or Free with pre-order
'11 $4.99
'12 $4.99
'13 FREE!
Old 02-26-2013, 01:37 PM   #78
MVP

Houston's Arena

OVR: 0

I would have love to be able to play in the 8TH wonder of the world The Astrodome it's still standing they still haven't figured out what there going to do with it yet.

Old 02-26-2013, 01:41 PM   #79
100 Miles To Go

Curahee's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston
The Astrodome it's still standing they still haven't figured out what there going to do with it yet.
Arent they using it for like HS ball and combines?
Old 02-26-2013, 01:44 PM   #80
MVP

Houston's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Arent they using it for like HS ball and combines?
Yep mainly High School football and when Katrina hit a lot of people were sent there for shelter. City Hall doesn't really know what to do with the building itself.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »