Home

MLB 13 The Show - Overall Team Ratings, Including Batting, Pitching and Defense

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show - Overall Team Ratings, Including Batting, Pitching and Defense within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-23-2013, 01:15 PM   #241
MVP

crains13's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: MLB 13 The Show - Overall Team Ratings, Including Batting, Pitching and Defense

Doesn't matter if my Reds are 9th or 29th, I'm gonna play the hell out of The Show '13.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2013, 01:16 PM   #242
Rookie

OVR: 4
Jays fans are officially the most annoying fans (more so than philly fans). Lets not even have a season and just give them the championship...since they're "projected" to win and all. You guys are clowns
Old 02-23-2013, 01:17 PM   #243
MVP

MLB Bob's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: MLB 13 The Show - Overall Team Ratings, Including Batting, Pitching and Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovesports
What in the world are you babbling about?! So we're comparing Mark Burhle to pujols now? You're not in the everybody category because plenty of people disagree with you, you're in the jays fan category which clearly makes your opinion bias to begin with.
Yes cause mark burele was the only acquisition. Im removing myself from this conversation because the people responding are more delusional than jays fans and claim to be "better baseball watchers" than everyone else. I havent even stated what team I like. Jose reyes has been a great player almost every year, RA dicky has been great for 3 years and won a big award, Melky cabrera was on the WS Giants team..did the giants give back those wins when Melky was caught?...and Im sure SCEA doesnt take PEDS into account or Braun. Arod and anyone else wouldnt be rated as high..

To pick Buerle as your example makes you sound even more biased than jays fans...so Im going to tune you out because I question your ability to watch baseball better than all of us(sarcasm)
Old 02-23-2013, 01:18 PM   #244
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

OVR: 0

If the team ratings are based off of the player ratings, we should wait until the game is out. Then everyone can complain how players are under/overrated and therefore are messing up the team ratings. As it is now everyone's argument is so thin since you don't know the player ratings. Maybe you feel Reyes and Arencibia are way overrated, maybe you think Pagan and Scutaro are underrated. Most people are just taking the overall ratings to be power rankings or something, which they aren't.
Old 02-23-2013, 01:19 PM   #245
MVP

MLB Bob's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Not defensive at all. That was pretty much what you said. If you want to say that wasn't where you were going with that post, more power to you.

A team that is coming off a 73 win season, who made some nice acquisitions on paper, if those players in most cases make come backs, or live up to expectations, has no reason to complain about being "only" at #5. On paper, I can see why they are there, but still seems to be a stretch.

If you want to argue that point feel free.
Ok explain why the Red Sox who won less games are ranked 3rd? I dont care where the Jays rank, 5 seems ok maybe shuffled around after the others are shuffled around.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2013, 01:21 PM   #246
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLB Bob
Ok explain why the Red Sox who won less games are ranked 3rd? I dont care where the Jays rank, 5 seems ok maybe shuffled around after the others are shuffled around.
Don't know on the Red Sox, but I don't see any Red Sox fans complaining that #3 is too low for them to be ranked.
Old 02-23-2013, 01:22 PM   #247
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
If the team ratings are based off of the player ratings, we should wait until the game is out. Then everyone can complain how players are under/overrated and therefore are messing up the team ratings. As it is now everyone's argument is so thin since you don't know the player ratings. Maybe you feel Reyes and Arencibia are way overrated, maybe you think Pagan and Scutaro are underrated. Most people are just taking the overall ratings to be power rankings or something, which they aren't.
We get this every year. The homers come out and complain about how underrated their team is. Jays fans have just chosen to take the lead and take it to new levels this year. Next year it will be some other team that's been crappy for 20 years that makes a few moves.
Old 02-23-2013, 01:32 PM   #248
Rookie

OVR: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Don't know on the Red Sox, but I don't see any Red Sox fans complaining that #3 is too low for them to be ranked.
In fact I was the first to say we don't even belong in the top 15. Same thing happened last year when everybody jumped on the Miami bandwagon and crowned them in March. What happened with that? 69 wins. I dont need some jay fan telling me I dont know baseball...youre the one patting yourself on the back before the start of the season because you guys picked up a couple of quality players.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »