Home

MLB 13 The Show - Overall Team Ratings, Including Batting, Pitching and Defense

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show - Overall Team Ratings, Including Batting, Pitching and Defense within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-23-2013, 01:01 PM   #233
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: MLB 13 The Show - Overall Team Ratings, Including Batting, Pitching and Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLB Bob
The ratings arent based of what the team may do or have done. Its not ranked on intagables like "grit", "good managers", "team chemistry" and "being clutch"..
Most of that stuff is a way to explain the unexplainable and have no data to back it up or quantify

Its individual player stats from a 3 year formula, weighted by SCEA.

So with that, some teams look odd, but real life or in game the Jays are not over rated, SF may be a little under rated, but SF rely's on Buster, and you saw that when he was not there in 2011 due to injury and they didnt win the world series, the Red Sox way over rated if we're going by "what they have done last year"

And if it takes minor leagues into account, than this can explain alot as well. And we dont know the "grade" difference between the top team and the last team, or any team. The teams people are saying should be 5 spots higher, the difference between those 5 teams maybe 1 point..maybe less..maybe more.

God I love having numbered ratings...smh
didn't say the Jays were overrated. Said Jays fan complaining that #5 is too low for them is laughable. And it is. Even on paper saying talent wise they are the 5th most talented team in the league is a stretch, to complain it's too low is ridiculous.

Apparently Jays fans think they've already won the title.
Old 02-23-2013, 01:02 PM   #234
MVP

MLB Bob's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: MLB 13 The Show - Overall Team Ratings, Including Batting, Pitching and Defense

Since when does a players team record fall solely on a player or a few players?

So if a team trades for a player from a losing team that player was the reason and has to continue losing?

There may be a lot of homers on here, but thats ridiculous...RIDICULOUS to say that the best players...that have shown year in and year out (since you like to keep saying that, they are good get slammed for being on a poorly run, poorly built Marlins team. You put pujols and fielder on a team that has an absolutely terrible team, they arent going to make the team win a world series if the rest of the team are kids and rejects.

Your arguments make no sense, and are about as correct as the homer jay guys.

You have your opinion and everyone else has theres, and if they think the team is better and you dont, its ok...its a game.

Last edited by MLB Bob; 02-23-2013 at 01:06 PM.
Old 02-23-2013, 01:06 PM   #235
Rookie

OVR: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
didn't say the Jays were overrated. Said Jays fan complaining that #5 is too low for them is laughable. And it is. Even on paper saying talent wise they are the 5th most talented team in the league is a stretch, to complain it's too low is ridiculous.

I actually do think the Jays are very overrated. Giants a little underrated?!?! Do people even watch MLB anymore? Or do they just play the show and pretend its real life? I swear by reading some of the comments I get the impression that a lot of people dont even follow baseball, they just play video games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2013, 01:08 PM   #236
MVP

MLB Bob's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83

A little defensive when I didnt say you claimed them to be over rated, and I find it just as amussing that because you dont agree with other peoples opinion that its laughable. I have yet to see any argument on here actually make sense enough to sway, justify or explain the ratings...so that is laughable.
Old 02-23-2013, 01:09 PM   #237
MVP

OVR: 13

These team ratings must put way more into hitting than pitching. When I see the Rockies rated at #11 compared to the Giants at #17, Colorado has one of the worst pitching staffs in baseball.
Old 02-23-2013, 01:09 PM   #238
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovesports
I actually do think the Jays are very overrated. Giants a little underrated?!?! Do people even watch MLB anymore? Or do they just play the show and pretend its real life? I swear by reading some of the comments I get the impression that a lot of people dont even follow baseball, they just play video games.
Jays homers are out of control, yes. That's what happens when you get a ray of light after your team has done absolutely nothing for almost 2 decades.

On paper, I guess we'll see. I don't have a huge issue with where they are rated. If all those players they acquire live up to expectations I could see them in the hunt. But if you look at the changes they've made and their roster that's a lot of "big ifs".

Last edited by bkrich83; 02-23-2013 at 01:13 PM.
Old 02-23-2013, 01:11 PM   #239
Rookie

OVR: 4
Quote:
Since when does a players team record fall solely on a player or a few players?

So if a team trades for a player from a losing team that player was the reason and has to continue losing?

There may be a lot of homers on here, but thats ridiculous...RIDICULOUS to say that the best players...that have shown year in and year out (since you like to keep saying that, they are good get slammed for being on a poorly run, poorly built Marlins team. You put pujols and fielder on a team that has an absolutely terrible team, they arent going to make the team win a world series if the rest of the team are kids and rejects.

Your arguments make no sense, and are about as correct as the homer jay guys.

You have your opinion and everyone else has theres, and if they think the team is better and you dont, its ok...its a game.
What in the world are you babbling about?! So we're comparing Mark Burhle to pujols now? You're not in the everybody category because plenty of people disagree with you, you're in the jays fan category which clearly makes your opinion bias to begin with.
Old 02-23-2013, 01:12 PM   #240
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
A little defensive when I didnt say you claimed them to be over rated, and I find it just as amussing that because you dont agree with other peoples opinion that its laughable. I have yet to see any argument on here actually make sense enough to sway, justify or explain the ratings...so that is laughable.
Not defensive at all. That was pretty much what you said. If you want to say that wasn't where you were going with that post, more power to you.

A team that is coming off a 73 win season, who made some nice acquisitions on paper, if those players in most cases make come backs, or live up to expectations, has no reason to complain about being "only" at #5. On paper, I can see why they are there, but still seems to be a stretch.

If you want to argue that point feel free.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »