Home

MLB 13 The Show - Overall Team Ratings, Including Batting, Pitching and Defense

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show - Overall Team Ratings, Including Batting, Pitching and Defense within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-23-2013, 11:56 AM   #225
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: MLB 13 The Show - Overall Team Ratings, Including Batting, Pitching and Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rules
So you are saying last year they did a better job of ranking MLB teams?
nope just more discussion this year
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2013, 12:23 PM   #226

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: MLB 13 The Show - Overall Team Ratings, Including Batting, Pitching and Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovesports
You my friend possess no knowledge of baseball. They're 10th at best, possibly lower.
Why do people keep on saying this about the Jays? 2012 WITHOUT the injuries, Jays were a team already projected to finish around the 10th spot. So are people really saying that after the moves the Jays made in the offseason, that they somehow got worse....

I understand that other teams in the past have had big offseasons and still didn't live up to expectations,but some of those teams were ones who were nothing more than a below .500 team before those moves. Jays are already a mid 80s win team even before any of their offseason moves.

And even if injuries happen, the guys who will be replacing the MLB roster guys, were the MLB roster guys of 2012. Jays have guys like Happ,Cecil,Lincoln as their 6-7-8 SP(Happ was a main rotation guy for Jays in 2nd half of 2012,and now he's nothing more than a 6th starter cause of the depth the Jays added)

And for the hitters...guys like Gose,Sierra,Cooper(all regulars on 2012 roster) are now in the minors.

So even if injuries happened, Jays worst scenario is basically their 2012 team, the same one already projected for win total in the 80s.
Old 02-23-2013, 12:32 PM   #227
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
Why do people keep on saying this about the Jays? 2012 WITHOUT the injuries, Jays were a team already projected to finish around the 10th spot. So are people really saying that after the moves the Jays made in the offseason, that they somehow got worse....

I understand that other teams in the past have had big offseasons and still didn't live up to expectations,but some of those teams were ones who were nothing more than a below .500 team before those moves. Jays are already a mid 80s win team even before any of their offseason moves.

And even if injuries happen, the guys who will be replacing the MLB roster guys, were the MLB roster guys of 2012. Jays have guys like Happ,Cecil,Lincoln as their 6-7-8 SP(Happ was a main rotation guy for Jays in 2nd half of 2012,and now he's nothing more than a 6th starter cause of the depth the Jays added)

And for the hitters...guys like Gose,Sierra,Cooper(all regulars on 2012 roster) are now in the minors.

So even if injuries happened, Jays worst scenario is basically their 2012 team, the same one already projected for win total in the 80s.
Lots of stretches and if's there. Either way a Jays fan complaining about only being #5 is laughable at best. They haven't done a thing yet to prove otherwise. Especially for a team coming off a 73 win season.
Old 02-23-2013, 12:44 PM   #228
MVP

Hockeynut99's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Lots of stretches and if's there. Either way a Jays fan complaining about only being #5 is laughable at best. They haven't done a thing yet to prove otherwise. Especially for a team coming off a 73 win season.
One can use that same logic for why the Giants should be ranked higher. They did win 2 out of the last 3 World Series. lol

Personally, I think the ratings are OK.
Old 02-23-2013, 12:47 PM   #229
MVP

MLB Bob's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
The ratings arent based of what the team may do or have done. Its not ranked on intagables like "grit", "good managers", "team chemistry" and "being clutch"..
Most of that stuff is a way to explain the unexplainable and have no data to back it up or quantify

Its individual player stats from a 3 year formula, weighted by SCEA.

So with that, some teams look odd, but real life or in game the Jays are not over rated, SF may be a little under rated, but SF rely's on Buster, and you saw that when he was not there in 2011 due to injury and they didnt win the world series, the Red Sox way over rated if we're going by "what they have done last year"

And if it takes minor leagues into account, than this can explain alot as well. And we dont know the "grade" difference between the top team and the last team, or any team. The teams people are saying should be 5 spots higher, the difference between those 5 teams maybe 1 point..maybe less..maybe more.

God I love having numbered ratings...smh
Old 02-23-2013, 12:48 PM   #230
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

OVR: 0

I thought the team ratings reflected how good a team was on paper, the player ratings. If you go by that I can see why people are concerned over the ratings since in the end they only reflect the talent of the team not just their W-L. Maybe Jays fans believe they have better talent on paper than what the team ratings suggest. That is understandable, but that doesn't mean they are a better team. Its the same with the Giants. The game doesn't account for the things that might make them a better team than they are on paper.

Edit: Bob already said it.
Old 02-23-2013, 12:51 PM   #231
MVP

gator3guy's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovesports
Actually its not
Granderson
Jeter
Youkilis

Jeter and Granderson were one of the worst defenders in the entire league last year at key positions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluejaysfan65
Blue Jays at #5 overall ranking.... Seems a bit low to me after the offseason they just had...
I think we'll look back on this and say the exact opposite.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2013, 12:54 PM   #232
Rookie

OVR: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir

You keep refering to projections and winning mid 80's. First, Jamarcus Russell was projected best player in the draft...nuff said about the accuracy of projections. Second, they won 73 games last year and got a bunch of players from a team that won 69 games...not as impressive as everyone is making it out to be. Third, even if they won 80 some games...there are about 10 teams that won 90 plus games or close to it. I ranked my top 15 a few pages back and got them at 10 which I still think its a bit high considering they have done NOTHING and every Jays fan wants to crown them! You guys are ridiculous and clearly bias

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »