Home

MLB 13 The Show Developer Journal - Play Now Rated

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show Developer Journal - Play Now Rated within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-19-2013, 02:34 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 4
Looks like a great feature to make you learn how to pitch with all types of pitchers , ones who only have 2 good pitches and really need to setup the 3rd and 4th instead of just havng an ace with 3-4 overpowering type stuff . So is the feature basically this?

When you do your first online game you will have the chance to use #1 say Verlander if using detriot or for me using Orioles will be Jason Hammel or Chen, against my opponents number #1 when we are done that first game the stamina will be drained for our #1 starters making us decide who goes next? and this will carry over for every team we play with so you just can't switch to the Nationals and use Straus , you will have to go through 3-4 games to repair the stamina just like real life before any number #1 slot pitcher on any team has his stamina recovered. This will make the game very enjoyable this year in my eyes. I am guessing same goes for bullpen if you don't stick to a major league type script of 1 inning using 2-3 innings will force a missed day or 2 while that reliever recovers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2013, 09:21 AM   #26
Rookie

BrandH's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Dev Journal: MLB 13 The Show Play Now Rated

Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
lol seen and talked to plenty of ppl and why do you think they had to change for 13 and put a cap on players
There was actually feedback from a lot of people that would like it when they where asking for ideas. There was only one guy with all 99s. It isn't like all the teams are like that. Now there are some people with mostly 99 overal players, but that is totally different than all 99s. And if it wasn't for a couple people making a killing selling cards or the first month or so of $10 million+ for a win that put people really ahead of the game it would of been totally different as well. To just make a blanket statement though on something you never actually experienced yourself is a little shortsighted.
Old 02-19-2013, 09:31 AM   #27
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandH
There was actually feedback from a lot of people that would like it when they where asking for ideas. There was only one guy with all 99s. It isn't like all the teams are like that. Now there are some people with mostly 99 overal players, but that is totally different than all 99s. And if it wasn't for a couple people making a killing selling cards or the first month or so of $10 million+ for a win that put people really ahead of the game it would of been totally different as well. To just make a blanket statement though on something you never actually experienced yourself is a little shortsighted.
not saying the mode is a joke, but in 12 how you could max out players to 99's is a joke. Again a reason they changed it. Quit arguing for sake of arguing
Old 02-19-2013, 11:49 AM   #28
Rookie

BrandH's Arena

Quote:
not saying the mode is a joke, but in 12 how you could max out players to 99's is a joke. Again a reason they changed it. Quit arguing for sake of arguing
That is not my intention at all. I will leave it alone now. Thanks for all the info you share.
Old 02-19-2013, 11:51 AM   #29
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

Quote:
That is not my intention at all. I will leave it alone now. Thanks for all the info you share.
Ill be playing DD this year, so lets get some games in
Old 02-19-2013, 01:12 PM   #30
Rookie

BrandH's Arena

Quote:
Ill be playing DD this year, so lets get some games in
Sounds good. I believe I was in an NCAA MVP League with you a loooong time ago. I ran across your name in some notes I had in a notebook for stat tracking I found recently.
Old 02-19-2013, 01:13 PM   #31
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

Quote:
Sounds good. I believe I was in an NCAA MVP League with you a loooong time ago. I ran across your name in some notes I had in a notebook for stat tracking I found recently.
Yes sir NCAA MVP 06 game was awesome and 07 well thats a different story
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2013, 07:48 PM   #32
Rookie

LAD1990's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: MLB 13 The Show Developer Journal - Play Now Rated

The reason I think many don't like DD, Is because i think a lot of us expected something more like Ultimate team from Madden or FIfa from the EA series.

This random players are just boring and after a few games you can have a guy maxed out his hitting stats. I tried it out last year and it got boring fast I think online leagues with drafts is way more fun.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »