Home

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Broadcast Presentation Blog

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Broadcast Presentation Blog within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-18-2013, 08:45 PM   #33
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Broadcast Presentation Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
BTW, how does one get rid of the annoying pop up ad that appears in the upper right corner of the message list? I can't read half the top message because it overlaps the top three or four lines. It also laps over into my replies sometimes and I can't even see what I'm typing. There's no way to get rid of the friggin ads by clicking anywhere on them!!?? I'm at the end of my rope in frustration with this
I can't say I have this problem - maybe this is a default OS skin issue? Ask Steve in Steve's forum as well. I use OS at Work skin and it is the best imho
Old 02-18-2013, 08:49 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Yes, there will be a playoff this year, albeitwith a bit of a playing blindly in parallel feel to it. You will play off against those with whom you are tied, but you won't know what they did on the playoff hole you're supposedly playing head-to-head on until after the hole. The leaderboard will show what each player scored on the playoff hole, and proceed accordingly. It takes the tactics out of playoff golf, but at least you aren't automatically annointed as champion in the event of a tie.

They said they could have let you see your opponent's shot tracers executing their shots in turn, but there was a fear that this could be construed to be using a "likeness" of the unlicensed players and they decided not to chance it. Really a shame, because at least the turn-based shot tracers would show you exactly what your opponent was doing... (sigh)

BTW, how does one get rid of the annoying pop up ad that appears in the upper right corner of the message list? I can't read half the top message because it overlaps the top three or four lines. It also laps over into my replies sometimes and I can't even see what I'm typing. There's no way to get rid of the friggin ads by clicking anywhere on them!!?? I'm at the end of my rope in frustration with this

LOL and I thought I was the only one who was experiencing this. It is ****ing annoying and actually has popped up now as I write this post. Mine is always the same ad from Bell (Canadian phone company)and has pissed me off enough that I will never be buying anything from Bell no matter how cheap it is.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:27 PM   #35
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
I can't say I have this problem - maybe this is a default OS skin issue? Ask Steve in Steve's forum as well. I use OS at Work skin and it is the best imho
I switched to Office Skin and it not only got rid of the overlapping pop-up add, it got rid of (maybe I better not say ) Anyway, I'm a happy camper now... mucho thanko!

Go with Office skin Seymour!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2013, 09:41 PM   #36
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
I switched to Office Skin and it not only got rid of the overlapping pop-up add, it got rid of (maybe I better not say ) Anyway, I'm a happy camper now... mucho thanko!

It's my favorite!
Old 02-19-2013, 09:13 AM   #37
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:

how do you do that?
Old 02-19-2013, 01:35 PM   #38
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour Scagnetti
how do you do that?
USER CP - then Edit Options - then all the way at the bottom of the page under "Miscellaneous Options" 2nd one down is "Forum Skin". Select "OS 1.0 I'm at Work".
Old 02-19-2013, 04:55 PM   #39
MVP

Koolie G's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Yes, there will be a playoff this year, albeitwith a bit of a playing blindly in parallel feel to it. You will play off against those with whom you are tied, but you won't know what they did on the playoff hole you're supposedly playing head-to-head on until after the hole. The leaderboard will show what each player scored on the playoff hole, and proceed accordingly. It takes the tactics out of playoff golf, but at least you aren't automatically annointed as champion in the event of a tie.

They said they could have let you see your opponent's shot tracers executing their shots in turn, but there was a fear that this could be construed to be using a "likeness" of the unlicensed players and they decided not to chance it. Really a shame, because at least the turn-based shot tracers would show you exactly what your opponent was doing... (sigh)

So couldn't they just show where the other person's ball ended up after each shot? They don't have to show the tracer. Just show if they are in the rough, or 10 yards in front of me, or in the bunker, or right next to the hole, etc. You would at least see what type of shot they are facing and you could adjust accordingly. That seems like an easy fix.
Old 02-19-2013, 05:12 PM   #40
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolie G
So couldn't they just show where the other person's ball ended up after each shot? They don't have to show the tracer. Just show if they are in the rough, or 10 yards in front of me, or in the bunker, or right next to the hole, etc. You would at least see what type of shot they are facing and you could adjust accordingly. That seems like an easy fix.
I asked that question to one of the lead producers. The response I got to this suggestion was that even showing a ball at rest, with a non-licensed player's name beside it *could* be construed as a "likeness" of said player. It likely wouldn't hold up in court, but I don't think EA Sports wants to test the waters on this and put a wrinkle in their relationship with the PGA. I would think they could work this out with an understanding up front, but it would probably cost them some serious cash just to have the legal dept. to work it out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »