Home

MLB 13 The Show Features Twitter Feeds From Approved and Official Twitter Handles

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show Features Twitter Feeds From Approved and Official Twitter Handles within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-02-2013, 03:23 PM   #137
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 13 The Show Features Twitter Feeds From Approved and Official Twitter Handles

Wait so there is a way to disable the feature?

I was under the impression that it added a whole new panel to the player cards for example. I don't really care if its on or off. But if you can just disable it entirely than I can understand why poeple would be annoyed that there are those who are complaining about it.

But if it will always be there if you're connected online than I can understand the complaints.
Old 02-02-2013, 03:28 PM   #138
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50
It would be better if it was like Madden, but even in Madden after a few weeks I stopped reading them.
Old 02-02-2013, 03:42 PM   #139
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: MLB 13 The Show Features Twitter Feeds From Approved and Official Twitter Handles

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy

I was under the impression that it added a whole new panel to the player cards for example. I don't really care if its on or off. But if you can just disable it entirely than I can understand why poeple would be annoyed that there are those who are complaining about it.

But if it will always be there if you're connected online than I can understand the complaints.
I imagine you would be able to turn it off, yeah. It requires online connectivity, so without the updates I would guess you'd simply have a blank page on the card or something, similar to how it worked with advanced stats when they were added as DLC.

For the record, I don't think anyone is really complaining about it being in as much as some people are upset it's not something else in its place. The "if you don't like it, don't use it" idea that some have mentioned is true enough, but not really applicable to most people's disappointment with it.

In any case, I'm fairly certain that once the game is out and there's more to talk about and examine, this will lose focus for most people.
Old 02-02-2013, 03:48 PM   #140
Banned

CubsHOF's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy

That is my understanding as well, that it adds a new panel to the player cards. I do not know if there is a way to disable it or not. If you don't want to use it, just don't look at it or skip by it in the player card. If you don't like it, it really doesn't affect you to just skip by it. This reminds me of the old MVP days when people complained that Franchise had the OPTION to play in different stadiums. People would really get upset on forums saying it was unrealistic to allow people to play in anything but the home stadium and it should not be allowed. As if someone else should get a say what YOU do with YOUR franchise. Same here, it is just an OPTION, even if it can not be turned off it can be completely ignored by skipping past it. If you do not like it and do not want to use it, it does not affect you at all.
Old 02-02-2013, 03:55 PM   #141
Banned

CubsHOF's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
I imagine you would be able to turn it off, yeah. It requires online connectivity, so without the updates I would guess you'd simply have a blank page on the card or something, similar to how it worked with advanced stats when they were added as DLC.

For the record, I don't think anyone is really complaining about it being in as much as some people are upset it's not something else in its place. The "if you don't like it, don't use it" idea that some have mentioned is true enough, but not really applicable to most people's disappointment with it.

In any case, I'm fairly certain that once the game is out and there's more to talk about and examine, this will lose focus for most people.
I thought I saw plenty of complaints about it being in the game. Just general complaints about Twitter in general and similar talk. My take on the criticism was that some of it was just people upset with social media updates being in the game at all, but yes there was criticism that something else was not in it's place as well.

The problem with the criticism about something else not being in it's place is, this is not a franchise feature. This feature is not in the game in place of a franchise feature or a franchise Twitter feature. The development times for those two features are widely different. If this feature was not in the game something we could have got in the game would have been along the lines of say updated real MLB stats in a player's player card and maybe that would have been better, but it's something on that scale something small. Plus with MLB's big Twitter push this is likely in the game at their request.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2013, 04:09 PM   #142
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubsHOF
I thought I saw plenty of complaints about it being in the game. Just general complaints about Twitter in general and similar talk. My take on the criticism was that some of it was just people upset with social media updates being in the game at all, but yes there was criticism that something else was not in it's place as well.

The problem with the criticism about something else not being in it's place is, this is not a franchise feature. This feature is not in the game in place of a franchise feature or a franchise Twitter feature. The development times for those two features are widely different. If this feature was not in the game something we could have got in the game would have been along the lines of say updated real MLB stats in a player's player card and maybe that would have been better, but it's something on that scale something small. Plus with MLB's big Twitter push this is likely in the game at their request.
Yeah, I get you. I know there was commentary about disliking social media and not liking it's invasion in the game, but it's a thread on the feature, so I viewed that less as complaints and more as just on-topic commentary since it was mostly just giving their rationale for not digging it. You're right though. For those who are that upset about it's inclusion simply due to the social media aspect (or that it was included at all), the "don't like it, don't use it" concept definitely applies. My only point in that regard was that for someone disappointed about unmet expectations, that concept doesn't fit so well.

And I'm not advocating an "either/or" mentality (I understand the differences in development focuses and that it's a process to add anything), I was simply stating what I feel the primary issue seems to be. I think the expectation or hope (when it was listed in the fact sheet) was that it would be a franchise feature, which is why it's brought up in that context.

Like I said, when the game is out (hell, probably by the time the next big blog topic is out) this will become less of a hot-topic. Right now, it's a recent update about the Twitter feature, so we're just getting various thoughts on it (in way more depth than it probably warrants...lol).

Last edited by SoxFan01605; 02-02-2013 at 04:16 PM.
Old 02-02-2013, 06:45 PM   #143
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curahee
How do you feel 'bout them new fangled motor cars 'n such?
The horseless carriage? Just a passing fancy...
Old 02-03-2013, 01:22 AM   #144
Rookie

OVR: 3
Awesome feature

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »