Home

MLB 13 The Show Video and Blog - Hitting Enhancements: Beginner Mode & More

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show Video and Blog - Hitting Enhancements: Beginner Mode & More within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-01-2013, 04:37 PM   #129
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: MLB 13 The Show Video and Blog - Hitting Enhancements: Beginner Mode & More

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinny_77
With the new pci, are you still swinging inside/outside, or just high or low?
It's just an art change the PCI can still be moved anywhere around the plate depending upon the hitting method you are using.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:47 PM   #130
Rookie

spike83's Arena

OVR: 2

"We pride ourselves on making a true baseball simulation"

Thank you Russell.

End of discussion for any doubters about this years (or any future years) version.
Old 02-02-2013, 01:21 PM   #131
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
It's just an art change the PCI can still be moved anywhere around the plate depending upon the hitting method you are using.
I like the look compared to MLB 12.

Beginner Mode looks interesting. I'll have to let a few of my buddies know about it, as they always complain about having a hard time hitting when they play The Show.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2013, 12:40 AM   #132
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavicchi
So there is a guide for Classic pitching that explains what to do? As it was last year, I didn't know what I was supposed to do. I know how to aim the ball, but no idea what I'm supposed to do to try and get it there. The other thing was pitching from the behind pitcher view, which I liked, left me in doubt as to where the hot zones were. Pitching from behind the catcher would show hot zones clearly.

The other thing was not knowing what type of pitch the batter liked. Scouting reports were missing for the opposing batters. Has anything been done to provide information on how to pitch to batters, such as what they like and whether a pull hitter or not?
I wrote a guide last year. I hope to continue to update it as the MLB The Show series goes on.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-2012-a-5.html

I linked you to the page where the guide is, but really, the entire thread has a bunch of little tidbits from a bunch of us using the interface (I think later on in the thread, for instance, you'll see how some of us started using a higher percentage of lighter X, more accurate, taps).

Anyway, The Slab essentially nailed it in his previous post that the interface is an accuracy versus effort design. Over hundreds and hundreds of games of using the interface over the years, I've found a couple other strategies that haved worked for me well enough to share...because like you, I always wanted a guide too! LOL!

And just to note, once I finished my 2012 Yankees Franchise, my walks had come down to around 3.1 per game over my last 3 months of the season. Meaning, even over the course of the year, and for months after having finished my write-up, I was still finding ways to try to successfully approach hitters.

This is one of the reasons why I love the interface so much. You are constantly making very small adjustments.

Last edited by Heroesandvillains; 02-03-2013 at 12:49 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »