Home

MLB 13 The Show Features Twitter Feeds From Approved and Official Twitter Handles

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show Features Twitter Feeds From Approved and Official Twitter Handles within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-01-2013, 02:51 PM   #129
BING BONG

DieHardYankee26's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: MLB 13 The Show Features Twitter Feeds From Approved and Official Twitter Handles

Quote:
Originally Posted by bp4baseball
Ha ha... For such a "small" feature that people "didn't want" it sure has got everyone talking....this threads like a sitcom.
A lot of people actually did want the feature, they just wanted it implemented differently.

Personally, I would've preferred some replacement of the newspaper. I read it after every game of the season, both my team and the league one. Not sure why, just found it interesting even though it was kinda repetitive. In this state, twitter is more or less irrelevant to me. I probably won't use this feature, but I do think a lot of people will. I don't care about most of the things the players tweet about, but my 13 year old little brother is probably going to spend more time on this twitter in game than playing games trying to see what CC and the rest of his favorite players are up to.

Regardless, having read through this whole thread, for me it's a little disappointing. Would've preferred franchise integration, didn't get it. Oh well. I also didn't care for DD last year so I'm used to it I guess haha. I'm more upset over the fact that the newspaper isn't coming back than the Twitter deal. And the fact that the only way to keep up with stuff now will be with a ticker on the bottom of the screen. But it's whatever I guess. It'll still be a day 1 purchase. I'll play it nonstop (at least for the first week until God of War comes out, and then jump back on it after that) just like I do every year. Excited for March 5.
I can't hide who I am, baby I'm a gangster
In the Rolls Royce, steppin' on a mink rug
The clique just a gang of bosses that linked up
Old 02-01-2013, 08:34 PM   #130
MVP

OVR: 7
Re: MLB 13 The Show Features Twitter Feeds From Approved and Official Twitter Handles

Fake tweets to match our RTTS or Franchise would have been very cool, but with the way they have this set up, it would have been much better if it was integrated in to the menu screen or background, like a widget.

I don't see myself or too many others going through the menu to find a twitter feed, but if it was integrated on the screen at all times, it would be more useful.
Old 02-01-2013, 09:01 PM   #131
Pro

Sco291's Arena

OVR: 4

I think it's a step in a good direction if they find more way to integrate it, but i always have my phone on me, and Twitter loads in 3 seconds and I access tweets that way. Fake tweets would have added more immersion, but either way this affects me in no way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2013, 09:22 PM   #132
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

OVR: 0

So the tweets that are shown in game, will it be all tweets by the players' twitter accounts? Or is it only a subset of them?

Also will the twitter handles be set and not change from day one? For example if a player gets traded, will their handle show up on their new or old team? Or will it be dictated at all by the updated rosters?
Old 02-02-2013, 12:23 AM   #133
Banned

OVR: 0

The tweets shown on the Shownation page are a really good example of most MLB players' tweets. Retweets, replies to other people and other inane stuff. Consider the ball dropped here

Hell I don't even see twitter accounts for Santana or Cabrera from the Tribe and those are the first two I checked.
Old 02-02-2013, 02:14 AM   #134
Rookie

OVR: 2

I'm an old man. I don't use Twitter, and I've learned to not care what any pro athlete or celebrity has to say about much of anything. To those who wanted this feature: cheers. To those who wanted something else: sorry.

But for me:

Old 02-02-2013, 08:59 AM   #135
100 Miles To Go

Curahee's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taffin
I'm an old man. I don't use Twitter, and I've learned to not care what any pro athlete or celebrity has to say about much of anything.

How do you feel 'bout them new fangled motor cars 'n such?

Last edited by Curahee; 02-02-2013 at 09:49 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2013, 02:59 PM   #136
Banned

CubsHOF's Arena

OVR: 6

I am surprised this is such a heated issue. The game is providing Twitter updates in the same way we get MLB.com score, standing, and stat updates all ready. No one is being forced to use the feature or read any of it. The MLB has made a big push towards social media because they believe it helps build the player's individual brands and when they do that fans attend more games, buy more jerseys, tickets, memorabilia, cards, merchandise, and become more invested in the player's brand, team brand, and MLB's brand in general. This is likely a joint effort on MLB's end and SECA's end. You do something that MLB has requested and partner with them on this and it will pay a dividend for SECA and us on some other end in the future. If you do not like the feature, just don't use it simple enough.

I hear those who wanted this to be like Madden's fake Twitter accounts in franchise. As a huge NFL fan who is force to play Madden by the exclusive contract I absolutely loved the Twitter feed in Madden this year it was an amazing way to bring franchise to life.

With that being said it is probably more important for SECA to get the fundamentals down this year. From my understanding of what Knight has said that is what they are doing with franchise is laying the foundation for the future by getting the basic system in place this year. We also will have a very improved presentation on the field. I think we can expect features that immerse us in franchise in the future. I doubt it will be a Twitter feed since Madden all ready did that, but if they go that route I would embrace it. What I would love to see is what another member mentioned is a MLB Network package.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »