Home

MLB 13 The Show Features Twitter Feeds From Approved and Official Twitter Handles

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show Features Twitter Feeds From Approved and Official Twitter Handles within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-31-2013, 11:25 AM   #121
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: MLB 13 The Show Features Twitter Feeds From Approved and Official Twitter Handles

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
Just curious, how many people use (or even know about) the MLB.com news feed that's currently in the game? I think it's great, and the fact it works year round is awesome. Maybe they should reintroduce that feature and give it a little more exposure too... the Twitter integration is really just an (more intimate) extension of that. Just another avenue for accessing more info as it pertains to real-life MLB.

-- Sent from the Future...
Use the mlb.com news feed everyday we I logon to see news of the day
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2013, 11:39 AM   #122
MVP

MLB Bob's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: MLB 13 The Show Features Twitter Feeds From Approved and Official Twitter Handles

Do players not comment and congratulate each other if they had a record breaking game some how? If someone is on a streak, hits 4 HRs in a game, goes off and steals 6-7 bases in a game, or the older players hit bigger milestones? I have seen that stuff before...and occassionally there is talk from the players about a trade that was just made official.

I dont pay attention to everyone in the MLB. So to get my attention about some of these things happening on other teams, you have to tell me or I wont know..cause Im playing the show and not sticking my face in computer to sort through all the people I follow.

Also, maybe we're spoiled with the Blue Jays but they all do a lot of tweeting...and a lot of people get on JPA and then he blocks them and cry's. Or some news guy will show his stats and say hes a fantasy bust and JPA will call him fat and cry again.

I know most of it is "Hey I just had a great work out..." "I like black socks" "look what I just ate" but some things are hilarious like Jose Reyes standing in a village somewhere smiling, pointing at a burro (donkey, ***, pack mule) or standing next to a player, pointing and smiling, or just pointing and smiling.

Not for everyone Im sure but I can see how this could be fun.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:52 AM   #123
100 Miles To Go

Curahee's Arena

OVR: 42

For the most part they do. I often read conversations between 2 players. And many give congrats on trades, birth of children, contract extensions.
Things like that.
Old 01-31-2013, 01:58 PM   #124
100 Miles To Go

Curahee's Arena

OVR: 42

If you go to https://theshownation.com/ and read their home page, you will see a Twitter feed.
I'm betting that's similar to what/who we will be seeing in MLB13.
Old 01-31-2013, 02:29 PM   #125
MVP

dran1984's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curahee
If you go to https://theshownation.com/ and read their home page, you will see a Twitter feed.
I'm betting that's similar to what/who we will be seeing in MLB13.

I think that would be interesting and add to the game alot more. From the pictures they released it looks like it will be a separate "mode" as well as another layer on the player cards.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2013, 02:52 PM   #126
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23
shoulda been related to our virtual franchise to add immersion to the game. The game.
Old 01-31-2013, 03:18 PM   #127
MVP

merchant1874's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkcil
shoulda been related to our virtual franchise to add immersion to the game. The game.
They could of done both I guess. That's why it's going to be real interesting to see what they have actually done in franchise.
Old 02-01-2013, 10:00 AM   #128
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30
Speaking of social media...

http://www.mlb.com/r/article?ymd=201...ews_la&c_id=la

-- Sent from the Future...

YouTube

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »