Home

MLB 13 The Show Features Twitter Feeds From Approved and Official Twitter Handles

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show Features Twitter Feeds From Approved and Official Twitter Handles within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-30-2013, 07:59 PM   #89
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Dev Journal: Twitter in The Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
I don't use twitter and I find this feature very interesting. I don't like real twitter (the website) because I don't like having to search for people or constantly visit a website, plus it's not something I'm overly interested in reading. But for it to already be sorted out and organized for me, and integrated into a game I'm going to be playing anyway... it's quite nice.

On a completely separate note, I really want to stress that we do NOT know for sure that "fake twitter" is not in the game. As has been stated, we still have an undisclosed, mystery feature that is confirmed to replace the newspaper, in terms of function. Maybe its a fake twitter system, maybe it isn't.
Ahah, this is what I was asking. I read several times that the newspaper was replaced. But this thread mad me think that this replaced it, when how could it. I doubt that they would be able to use the real twitter handles for players, then have them say random things. Right? That seems crazy when so much else is restricted.

So something will be there instead of the newspaper. That is good to hear.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:01 PM   #90
Pro

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
What don't you understand about this?

Most of us have Twitter in real life and can follow these guys throughout the day if we want, we don't need a video game showing us the same tweets we've already seen.

Some people, myself included, liked the way it was implemented in Madden.
You're assuming that "most of us" have time to both sit in a chair and browse the internet and read twitter feeds, AND sit in a chair and play The Show... frankly I don't. When I come home, I have limited time for electronic entertainment, and I don't bother with Twitter because that'd be another 1-2 hours a day. This feature has the advantage of giving me both simultaneously.

I agree with your actual point though, people are definitely allowed to dislike new features. Nothing wrong with that. I know I had no interest in Diamond Dynasty from day 1. Just not my thing. Different people, different tastes. It's silly for someone to expect anything to ever be unanimously accepted or acclaimed.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:18 PM   #91

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
You're assuming that "most of us" have time to both sit in a chair and browse the internet and read twitter feeds, AND sit in a chair and play The Show... frankly I don't. When I come home, I have limited time for electronic entertainment, and I don't bother with Twitter because that'd be another 1-2 hours a day. This feature has the advantage of giving me both simultaneously.

I agree with your actual point though, people are definitely allowed to dislike new features. Nothing wrong with that. I know I had no interest in Diamond Dynasty from day 1. Just not my thing. Different people, different tastes. It's silly for someone to expect anything to ever be unanimously accepted or acclaimed.
See my last post in this thread about the same thing that was said to me before, didn't come off as intended.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2013, 08:26 PM   #92
MVP

bp4baseball's Arena

OVR: 43

I got the impression that the bottom ticker in franchise mode is what replaced the newspaper, showing scores, trades, league leaders, etc.

If there is another surprise in addition to this, that will be great, but I'm keeping my expectations grounded in believing that the bottom ticker is what's replacing the newspaper (which is fine for me).

Edit: Straight from Knight:

Quote:
Nothing in terms of a newspaper or news style pages. There are some new front end(menu) boxes that will give you league wide info...and the front end ticker will display trades/injuries/call ups now(league wide).
But there is nothing in regards to specific game by game news style articles like in the newspaper(which I really liked and wish would have stayed ....maybe in an html style format instead. Hopefully we see something that is a daily news feed similar to the paper make it back in.

Last edited by bp4baseball; 01-30-2013 at 08:36 PM.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:04 PM   #93
Rookie

riotmonster's Arena

OVR: 0

This seems pretty pointless. I've never popped in a video game and thought "I wish I could read some Twitter feeds right now".

I was hoping a team Twitter feed would be replacing the franchise newspapers, showing game related trades and news etc.

Last edited by riotmonster; 01-30-2013 at 09:07 PM.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:48 PM   #94
Pro

Sco291's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: MLB 13 The Show Features Twitter Feeds From Approved and Official Twitter Handles

I'm having a weird time understanding the true concept of this idea.

Last edited by Sco291; 01-30-2013 at 09:50 PM.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:09 PM   #95
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56
Re: MLB 13 The Show Features Twitter Feeds From Approved and Official Twitter Handles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco291
I'm having a weird time understanding the true concept of this idea.
I think it's just that a lot of people who follow players can now just simply do it on the player card now.
Social media is everywhere now and in everything(you see the facebook/twitter symbols on EVERYTHING)....and now it's in The Show to some extent.

It's not something I'm particularly interested in, but I'm sure some people will read it.

M.K.
Knight165
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2013, 10:45 PM   #96
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »