Home

MLB 13 The Show Features Twitter Feeds From Approved and Official Twitter Handles

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show Features Twitter Feeds From Approved and Official Twitter Handles within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-30-2013, 07:27 PM   #81

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Dev Journal: Twitter in The Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curahee
I dont expect anyone to agree with me, nor do I care if they do.
I dont think anyone here accused anyone here of hating the game.
If you dont like the Twitter feature and think its pointless, then dont use it.
They didnt add the Madden Twitter but maybe they will next year.
I hope you guys can find something like this that will satisfy what youre seeking.

I understand where you guys are coming from, but we keep expressing our opinions on people expressing their opinions on people expressing their opinions.

Round and round and round.
You have your opinion, I have mine and that guy has his. Its all good!
Well said and agreed, wasn't that a lot easier than spending two pages telling people why they should love this and how great it is.

Last edited by kehlis; 01-30-2013 at 07:33 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2013, 07:37 PM   #82
100 Miles To Go

Curahee's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Well said and agreed, wasn't that a lot easier than spending two pages telling people why they should love this and how great it is.

LMAO! OMG! I never said anyone should love this.
I just said I DO! AHHHHHHHHHHH!

Alright enough! Lets get back on subject!
Old 01-30-2013, 07:39 PM   #83
MVP

merchant1874's Arena

OVR: 6

Personally with this twitter news I'm very intrigued by what they are actually going to do to replace the newspaper.

Although it wasn't the best it did serve its purpose well. Hopefully they have added something that will improve on it though.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:41 PM   #84
100 Miles To Go

Curahee's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by merchant1874
Personally with this twitter news I'm very intrigued by what they are actually going to do to replace the newspaper.

Although it wasn't the best it did serve its purpose well. Hopefully they have added something that will improve on it though.
The Franchise Blog is on its way shortly. Maybe it will be in there.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:43 PM   #85
True Ace

Galvatron's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
What don't you understand about this?

Most of us have Twitter in real life and can follow these guys throughout the day if we want, we don't need a video game showing us the same tweets we've already seen.

Some people, myself included, liked the way it was implemented in Madden.

It's cool that you don't and you are happy but it really isn't hard to believe that not everyone agrees with you and someone could be disappointed with a feature after it's announced (I know that is blasphemy to some).

No one is saying they hate the game as you guys seem to take it, just that this one feature does nothing for most of us.
Umm, I DON'T have Twitter, have no desire to ever have it, and I'm quite sure I'm not the only one here who also doesn't. So when I see comments that somewhat seem to be speaking for the majority of the game's fanbase I can't help but feel like I'm sitting at the geek's table in the school cafeteria, like I don't belong.

When I commented that I didn't see why anyone would want fake tweets I certainly wasn't speaking for everyone. It was from my own point of view, and gave my reasons why I wouldn't like them. I'm also glad it was done this way since it's implemented differently than those other games anyway.

I'll also go on record and say that the devs are probably waiting on doing in-franchise tweets/updates/whatever until they can present us with a full on post-game/MLB network package in the future, which would be far better IMO.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2013, 07:46 PM   #86

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by kursekain
Umm, I DON'T have Twitter, have no desire to ever have it, and I'm quite sure I'm not the only one here who also doesn't. So when I see comments that somewhat seem to be speaking for the majority of the game's fanbase I can't help but feel like I'm sitting at the geek's table in the school cafeteria, like I don't belong.

When I commented that I didn't see why anyone would want fake tweets I certainly wasn't speaking for everyone. It was from my own point of view, and gave my reasons why I wouldn't like them. I'm also glad it was done this way since it's implemented differently than those other games anyway.

I'll also go on record and say that the devs are probably waiting on doing in-franchise tweets/updates/whatever until they can present us with a full on post-game/MLB network package in the future, which would be far better IMO.
I apologize, when saying most of us I was referring to those of us who were on the opposite side of the way this was implemented.

I can see why someone without twitter would be okay with it and meant no harm....
Old 01-30-2013, 07:51 PM   #87
True Ace

Galvatron's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
I apologize, when saying most of us I was referring to those of us who were on the opposite side of the way this was implemented.

I can see why someone without twitter would be okay with it and meant no harm....
...and no foul on this end.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:55 PM   #88
Pro

OVR: 24

I don't use twitter and I find this feature very interesting. I don't like real twitter (the website) because I don't like having to search for people or constantly visit a website, plus it's not something I'm overly interested in reading. But for it to already be sorted out and organized for me, and integrated into a game I'm going to be playing anyway... it's quite nice.

On a completely separate note, I really want to stress that we do NOT know for sure that "fake twitter" is not in the game. As has been stated, we still have an undisclosed, mystery feature that is confirmed to replace the newspaper, in terms of function. Maybe its a fake twitter system, maybe it isn't. But this Live Twitter feature is completely separate from that.

Last edited by Bobhead; 01-30-2013 at 08:02 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »